HoTW submission: Lazhwar's Lost Laboratory

This hideout shows a darker side to the forsaken masters. After searching for years Zana finally found the lost laboratory of the Archbishop Lazhwar. This was the place where he created the very first map device which would later inspire Malachai's Eternal Laboratory.

Consumed by greed Elrion, Haku, Catarina and Zana took over the ruins and brought in slaves to harvest the worlds created by Lazhwar before he was burned at the stake.

Connecting the original map device to a train track they are now able to empty the hidden worlds and hoard amazing amounts of wealth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video:

Pictures:

I came up with the concept for the hideout because I bought the "Steampowered portal" MTX and wanted to make use of it in a hideout. Unfortunatly there isn't too many mechanical decorations so I originally wanted to make it in Elrions hideout since it is smaller, but the lighting effect from "cauldron" bugs a lot in that hideout so I swapped to Zana and had to make it bigger. That's when I thought of the loottrain and I build like crazy from there.

With the reacent Ember Mystery box I was lucky and got the firefox, fireplace and firefly swarm pet and I used them to give my hideout a bit more depth. Total MTX used:

The stairs is a combination of my old hideout "King Arthur and the Exiles of the round table" and I had a ton of overgrown arches left over from "The Cults of the Dragon and the Colossus". The statues to the right is my tribute to DrakSenf and "The Castle of Pathsylvania" his hideout is in my opinion the best to ever make Hideout of the Week. I felt that having two kissing girls wasn't enough so I made a male couple as well to the left.

I love adding movement to my hideouts which is why I was very happy when I got the firefly swarm. I made a closed off sewer entrance (to keep them running away) and added 3 of them. The color fit the nearby forge perfectly. The lighting effect of both the fireplace and the cauldron is very epic and gives very nice shadows. They are however hard to work with as they "bug" other shadows which is why the lights are spread out so much. Likewise I like the electricity moving over the transformers and I feel they add a lot of life to the areas.

In the end I would have prefered using fewer MTX but each one is used with the purpose of added life and light to the hideout. I hope in the future more exiles and decorations is added to the game so something like this can be build cheaper.

6x Transformer
2x Cauldron
1x Fireplace
4x Wisp swarm
3x Firefly swarm pet
1x Firefox pet
3x Falling leaves

My old hideouts:
Spoiler

Cults of the Dragon and the Colussus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QcSK9UCIzE

King Arthur and the exiles of the round table:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esS32OU9kWU

My first attempt at a hideout:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTAxft2V6qc
Path of Hideout fanatic.
King Arthur and the Exiles of the Round table:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l1OZlysRNY
The Cults of the Dragon and the Colossus:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QcSK9UCIzE
Last edited by Jernsaxe on Aug 1, 2015, 2:58:13 AM
Wow great job! Are you planning on keeping it like this or doing another in the future?
I will keep this for a while at least. I hope Bex falls in love with it and picks it for HoTW and then I will start my next build.

I really want to start work on a Tora hideout so I started planning it in my head.
Path of Hideout fanatic.
As always jernsaxe you did a great piece of art :)

I like all yours hideouts, it's a shame that you had to destroy them to create new ones because i will not be able to visit the old ones anymore Q_Q

Thoo i perfectly understand your point of view, myself i cannot "destroy" my hideout, i wish to improve it even if i cannot, maybe a desesperate hope!

But you always come back with something fresh and beautifull, we can see the fun you get to create them, to find new ideas, new thematics, new background & roleplay elements.

In this one, you have hidden the original zana's area with selfmade walls and floor, the result is perfect, we cannot recognize it anymore.

The video & pictures arent enough to show the atmosphere, we need to visit the hideout to "feel" the time spend on each detail, we need to travel slowly in the hideout by ourselves to understand the architecture... So Guys, if you read this message, visit the new jernsaxe's hideout, it worths it :)
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
"
Geisalt wrote:
As always jernsaxe you did a great piece of art :)

I like all yours hideouts, it's a shame that you had to destroy them to create new ones because i will not be able to visit the old ones anymore Q_Q

Thoo i perfectly understand your point of view, myself i cannot "destroy" my hideout, i wish to improve it even if i cannot, maybe a desesperate hope!

But you always come back with something fresh and beautifull, we can see the fun you get to create them, to find new ideas, new thematics, new background & roleplay elements.

In this one, you have hidden the original zana's area with selfmade walls and floor, the result is perfect, we cannot recognize it anymore.

The video & pictures arent enough to show the atmosphere, we need to visit the hideout to "feel" the time spend on each detail, we need to travel slowly in the hideout by ourselves to understand the architecture... So Guys, if you read this message, visit the new jernsaxe's hideout, it worths it :)

Thank you for the kind words :)
Path of Hideout fanatic.
I fell in love with thew new Verdant Throne and had to incorporate it in my hideout.

I swapped it in as a lightsource in my "leo" corner where it fit well with the wisps already there. It makes the area a little darker then would be perfect but I felt it was worth it for the glow.

http://i.imgur.com/wHOMyg9.jpg
Path of Hideout fanatic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info