The Next Set of Divination Cards!

"
edjunior wrote:
They said it would drop easier, but I do not see any difference, the most desired divininations not drop.

The most desired cards are supposed to be exceedingly rare and that will not change.
IGN: Ironmallet
"
Drakkon1 wrote:
"
Marlexyz wrote:
I was confused when I saw the "Lantador Lost Love" card. Because I was sure it was already in the game, same name and art. Why would someone buy two Highgate supporter packs to design two cards with same name and art, only different flavour texts?

And then, I read the wiki info on the first Lantador's card.
Prepare to a REAL feels trip folks, i'm super cereal.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lantador's_Lost_Love

Spoiler
Ok, turns out the card's art is based on photos of the supporter's ACTUAL lost love (his wife who died of cancer in 2013) and the first card flavour text is a poem the supporter recited at her funeral. The second card's falvour text is kind of a summary of their struggle.
The guy spend U$ 2,000 just to pay tributes to his dead wife, kind of a last gift.
Man, the last time I had this kind of feels was on Full Metal Alchemist (why, Tucker, WHY?!). I had to hold my self not to burst into tears when I discovered this info.

Now I feel so bad when I see people bashing those two div cards because of the rewards they give. Saw some of those comments and I feel really angry at the ignorance of those people.

Its what you get when people jump to conclusions.
+1 for card and poem :)

Its one card only.

I had to change the text/poem because what I originally intended (the poem I read aloud at her funeral) was copyrighted, even though it is a very old poem.

I took me a little time to come up with something alternate that I liked.

Read more here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3k1kib/the_next_set_of_divination_cards/
"
leto2626 wrote:
[Removed by Support]

It's important to note that a card need not provide an uncommon item to have some "inspiration" behind it; if you're boiling every card down to solely its reward then you're missing out on a lot of the flavour. I had reasons for going with a Vaal orb outside of liking the currency.
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Sep 9, 2015, 3:23:48 PM
"
Lantador wrote:
"
Drakkon1 wrote:
"
Marlexyz wrote:
I was confused when I saw the "Lantador Lost Love" card. Because I was sure it was already in the game, same name and art. Why would someone buy two Highgate supporter packs to design two cards with same name and art, only different flavour texts?

And then, I read the wiki info on the first Lantador's card.
Prepare to a REAL feels trip folks, i'm super cereal.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lantador's_Lost_Love

Spoiler
Ok, turns out the card's art is based on photos of the supporter's ACTUAL lost love (his wife who died of cancer in 2013) and the first card flavour text is a poem the supporter recited at her funeral. The second card's falvour text is kind of a summary of their struggle.
The guy spend U$ 2,000 just to pay tributes to his dead wife, kind of a last gift.
Man, the last time I had this kind of feels was on Full Metal Alchemist (why, Tucker, WHY?!). I had to hold my self not to burst into tears when I discovered this info.

Now I feel so bad when I see people bashing those two div cards because of the rewards they give. Saw some of those comments and I feel really angry at the ignorance of those people.

Its what you get when people jump to conclusions.
+1 for card and poem :)

Its one card only.

I had to change the text/poem because what I originally intended (the poem I read aloud at her funeral) was copyrighted, even though it is a very old poem.

I took me a little time to come up with something alternate that I liked.

Read more here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3k1kib/the_next_set_of_divination_cards/

Hi Lantador,

I don't see why the poem you post before got copyrighted problems, since the poem I know it is very similar to yours, but still is different.
I doubt that GGG would have any problem in copyrights, since this poem is even used in movies.

For people that don't know the full poem (I google it):

--
Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
--

When copyrighted material is used elsewhere (e.g. a poem or song in a movie) the artist using the copyrighted work has to secure the permission of the copyright holder and most often has to pay a fee to that holder in order to use it.

GGG is understandably not willing to do this.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:
When copyrighted material is used elsewhere (e.g. a poem or song in a movie) the artist using the copyrighted work has to secure the permission of the copyright holder and most often has to pay a fee to that holder in order to use it.

GGG is understandably not willing to do this.

I agree with you. I didn't say that GGG should pay for copyrighted material. I was just saying that the poem he used is not the poem from W. H. Auden (the one I posted before), but rather a very similar and adapt poem.
I understand that GGG might didn't want to take the risk. Although this new version is really good I prefer the old one (probably because I became used to see it in wiki).

About the card: I think the card is nice, it gives a nice and useful item in midgame. The only thing I don't like very much is the 7. Probably the drop rate would be good enough that the 7 would be feasible to get it in cruel.
"
jimoc wrote:

Too obvious that this is gonna drop in the Upper Sceptre of God?

and a suggestion, once they are all (or just 52 of them) finished can we get these made into a set of physical playing cards that we can buy, because this artwork is too damn good not to be made into a physical product.

I'm in agreement with this also. The card set is something i'd like to own.
lol, the Vast is a troll card isn't it?
Whatever happened to The Twins? I know there was art for the card and everything, but it's not listed in the Wiki and I've never seen it in game. Was it scrapped?

Also, I too would love a pack of actual cards with these designs.
Last edited by PrometheusBd on Sep 23, 2015, 3:37:28 PM
I just realised about the Unique Song of Sirens !!!
Chris was right !!!
Red fish, blue fish !!!
"Teamwork is OP"
-The one and only one Dark_Reaper115 at your service.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info