Share your Feedback on an Upcoming One-month Event!

I think a flashback event that combined warbands and tempest as well would be amazing. It would give some of us that just started playing in the last couple months the opportunity to experience some of he old er fun leagues our friends are always telling us about. The same can be said of the MTX sets. I would love to be able to earn something I can forever show off on my character like my friends have.

In regards to challenge vs level requirements; I think a combination would be fun, where certain levels are required in different parts of the challenges. The most difficult challenge and final piece of the MTX set would require level 90, 95, or 100. This would also rewrd the more elite players to remain competitive.

Instead of rewarding the top players based on just level(ing) skills, they would have to reach that level but also complete the challenges along the way. Keep it super competetive by only giving out the top prize (say mtx helm) to a specific number of players (20).

Maybe I am thinking too far into things, but in my mind it sounds amazing. Lol
WTB perm flashback leag where everything is activated at sametime all the time x) whats challenging than fightning beyond boss + invasion boss + exile in same spot with turbo while leveling
Another thought on prizes, could you incorporate some race aspects into it? By that I mean be the first to solo 80+ boss kills, uber, or specific things in 78+ maps like defeat a Torment infused Brittle emporer in a Corrupted tempest. Of course those mods would have to be common enough in that map to make it worth it. I suppose you could time it to where when the elites get to the level of being able to do it you could make it more and more common until the first x number of people get it.

I understand that my idea is over the top and mildly ridiculous, but some sort of longer term races like this to get a 1 in a million item (maybe even a legacy shavs or BoR or something else for the first person to complete it) would get and keep my interest. I would have twitch up on my phone all day watching in between doing other things.

This is the kind of thing that could amp up the twitch and vompetetive player followings. Especially if GGG could post semi frequent updates on the forums of the top 5 players in the race and there plans to get a world first whatever/whatever.

Or you know, we could all just not watch etup get to 100 in a few days. Lol
Golden seraph Hype plz! :D

I started to HC at the past 1MHC bloodlines/torment and was amazing, besides i didnt get the red helmet because i didn wanted to pay a taxi, but reached lvl 80 in one month at my first time at HC and was so fun.
Flashback race was THE best time I ever had in path of exile over the past 2 years. I played the SC race from the beginning till the end and eventually obtained 9th on ladder. Classic league mods are some of the the best elements of the game, especially when they combine in full intensity. With that in mind, I'll make my suggestion for the upcoming one month race.

A Warbands/Tempest based flashback league. Warbands/Tempest will exist at all times, meanwhile there should be a fixed number of random classic league mods applied to each zone (similar to tempest concept) for a certain amount of time. For example:
On weekdays of the first week into the race, say the number of Classic mods is 2. So At the same time point, we can have anarchy/bloodlines in dunes map, beyond/onslaught in crypt map, rampage/ambush in excavation map.
As the league develops, the number of league mods will increase by 1 each week.
On weekends of the race, we can raise the number much higher but less than the number of total classics league mods. This will retain the aspect of RNG. Because in the last flashback race, some players simply decided not to play during weekend because all mods is too much for them.
2.0 ain't no melee patch.
1. Flashback, some warbands would be too annoying with tempests
2. I like them both but challenges are more fun to complete than level thresholds
3. They're all good
"
exodus820 wrote:
A Warbands/Tempest based flashback league. Warbands/Tempest will exist at all times, meanwhile there should be a fixed number of random classic league mods applied to each zone (similar to tempest concept) for a certain amount of time. For example:
On weekdays of the first week into the race, say the number of Classic mods is 2. So At the same time point, we can have anarchy/bloodlines in dunes map, beyond/onslaught in crypt map, rampage/ambush in excavation map.
As the league develops, the number of league mods will increase by 1 each week.
On weekends of the race, we can raise the number much higher but less than the number of total classics league mods. This will retain the aspect of RNG. Because in the last flashback race, some players simply decided not to play during weekend because all mods is too much for them.

This sounds like a great idea to me mostly. Only thing I would change is to start with one additional classic mod instead of 2, and to add 2 more on the weekends. So essentially if it started on a monday the first five days would be warbands/tempest plus a rotating classic mod. Then the weekend would be warbands tempest plus 3 classic mods. Then monday-Friday would be down to plus 2. This would allow for a fairly steady ramp up without scaring off too many players, and the weekends would still be pretty intense.
flashback ftw

I feel like after months of the challenge leagues, a change is nice and a hybrid feels like same old same old to me.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
Last edited by AntonChigur on Sep 6, 2015, 9:03:57 PM
Event Type
I would be most in favour of a Flashback Event in the style of Warbands/Tempest with the hourly changes and area specific changes. I am a predominantly standard player and in my view the most attractive thing about the current leagues is not necessarily the leagues themselves but the way they are gated to specific areas and times. The urgency you get to play on a specific time combined with the use of greatly varying areas is really cool and it would be awesome to see this style of event mixed with previous leagues cranked to 11. Can you imagine stepping into a area that has been affected by Invasion for an hour or heavily affected by Torment? I think it would be very fun.

I would also like to see a more heavily promoted schedule or calendar within the month long event. I personally would like to see the event have a staggered release or build up. For instance I would love to see the first week be a hard but fun week with a good number of areas heavily affected but with a preference for mods like Invasion, Anarchy, Beyond and Domination taking preference/the majority. This would be like "The Crucible" or a "Baptism by Fire" kind of situation where you need to plug away and push through this week and get higher levels in preparation for next week. The second week would be a bounty/rewards driven week with everything be able to effect areas but a preference for Torment and Ambush so you can reward the players that did the best during the week previous as they will be able to make the most of this heavily reward driven week. The third week would be a chaotic/fun week were some of the mods could join together and both affect an area at anyone time, creating a crazy week for people that are willing to push the limits and hopefully given people enough time to go nuts with well developed characters. The final week would be a boss focussed week with buffs/effects on boss areas and on the map bosses to present the final challenges for the week.

Player Goals
I prefer challenges but having at least one of the challenges be a levelling challenge would be a good idea as a freebie for people to work towards without pouring in too much specific focus. If you could stagger the release/time gate the challenges, after publishing those intentions and a calendar, you could do some really cool stuff week to week to push people towards playing the league not only for longer but to incentivise really having a go and getting into the thick of it.

Prizes
I like the idea of an almost tiered reward system. At the top you have the #1 for the event and they should get a big prize like hardware and something in game like a bit of lore or something of the ilk. I think the top 100 from both events would make sense for a physical gift/bit of merch. I like the idea of an event specific item like a special t-shirt but I would like to see this be a creative/one off thing that then encourages people to turn up and play. I love shirts but if you have been playing and trying to compete at that level for a while then you will likely end up with half a dozen shirts which could be more interesting. I think in game rewards are super cool but need to be more unique/special than a recolour of an existing armour. I think its cool and all but I think there needs to be a second, more desirable totally unique prize to put with it like an alt art something.

Upvote for Flashback, would love to play it as i missed the first one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info