Better Trade System - abandon all your hope after reading latest QA

The problem here is i dont think GGG get that its NOT how things get posted to poe.trade and such but rather the fact that 50% of the things you have to do to play this game require the player to be Tabed out of the actual game to begin with and how your forced to run that game along with several other 3rd party sites!

When thats the actual issue... We would much rather be able to play the game without Tabing out to do everything you need to do! And ill admit this is the very first game ive ever played the over half of the functions that are down right necessary to actually play the game involve using multiple 3rd party sites/programs rather than in game resources! the only other game i can think of that comes close is WOW and how outside resources develop "Addons" (Curse) to work with that game!

The majority of the community to my understanding DO NOT want an AH or something of that nature but rather just to simply be able to accomplish main functions necessary to enjoy the game without having to actually leave the game in order to do so! Which i can very well understand... I personally never understood why i have to spend half my playtime tabed outside of the actual game just to enjoy everything it has to offer! I mean IDK about the rest of you but my Bookmarks tab is 95% sites that provide for me tools i need to take my POE experience further!

That said i can also see Chris's point as well... One of the more frustrating things this current system creates is the flaws such as people showing as online when they are in fact NOT online and vise versa! (Which if i read the Q&A correctly i think thats Chris's plan is to help improve issues like this!)
So i mean at the end of the day if they streamline the way we trade in its current iteration OR go with their own system just about ANYTHING other than what we have now will be welcome at the end of the day!
But at the same time this still doesnt change the fact that we should be able to do everything necessary to play the game WITHIN the actual game!

I guess we just have to take what we can get and work with it at the end of the day! I mean another side i can see of this from GGGs point of view is the classic.... "If it isnt broke already why try to fix it?"! And in reality the current system DOES work! I think players are just tired of having to do so many things outside the actual game itself in order to enjoy it still!

Atleast this is my personal understanding and as always i could very well be off/wrong!
In which case im sure someone will correct me!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Aug 27, 2015, 6:10:00 PM
I don't really see what's so different between typing in input boxes / modifying combo boxes selections in an external web site versus doing ... exactly the same in an ingame UI. The only thing that sucks in the third party solution is that it's not really synced to the game : people can be online on poe.trade but not ingame, items adding/modifying/removing takes some time, items sold takes a manual check because the "verified" check is slow, etc... If GGG provides way better and direct APIs to solve these problems, we're good to go.
"
Demonoz wrote:
The problem here is i dont think GGG get that its NOT how things get posted to poe.trade and such but rather the fact that 50% of the things you have to do to play this game require the player to be Tabed out of the actual game to begin with and how your forced to run that game along with several other 3rd party sites!

When thats the actual issue... We would much rather be able to play the game without Tabing out to do everything you need to do! And ill admit this is the very first game ive ever played the over half of the functions that are down right necessary to actually play the game involve using multiple 3rd party sites/programs rather than in game resources! the only other game i can think of that comes close is WOW and how outside resources develop "Addons" (Curse) to work with that game!

The majority of the community to my understanding DO NOT want an AH or something of that nature but rather just to simply be able to accomplish main functions necessary to enjoy the game without having to actually leave the game in order to do so! Which i can very well understand... I personally never understood why i have to spend half my playtime tabed outside of the actual game just to enjoy everything it has to offer! I mean IDK about the rest of you but my Bookmarks tab is 95% sites that provide for me tools i need to take my POE experience further!

That said i can also see Chris's point as well... One of the more frustrating things this current system creates is the flaws such as people showing as online when they are in fact NOT online and vise versa! (Which if i read the Q&A correctly i think thats Chris's plan is to help improve issues like this!)
So i mean at the end of the day if they streamline the way we trade in its current iteration OR go with their own system just about ANYTHING other than what we have now will be welcome at the end of the day!
But at the same time this still doesnt change the fact that we should be able to do everything necessary to play the game WITHIN the actual game!

I guess we just have to take what we can get and work with it at the end of the day! I mean another side i can see of this from GGGs point of view is the classic.... "If it isnt broke already why try to fix it?"! And in reality the current system DOES work! I think players are just tired of having to do so many things outside the actual game itself in order to enjoy it still!

Atleast this is my personal understanding and as always i could very well be off/wrong!
In which case im sure someone will correct me!

The design of the current temp leagues should give you some food for thought. They were designed around the requirement to use 3rd party sites, both of them.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

The design of the current temp leagues should give you some food for thought. They were designed around the requirement to use 3rd party sites, both of them.

It would be really stupid to ignore 3rd party sites/programs when developing/balancing your game.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
As mentioned before:

Why would you expect something integrated by GGG when someone is kindly doing it for them free ?

That's a brilliant way to save money used by many games studio novadays and it's not going to change anytime soon ^^

Not to mention in the case of PoE this game wouldn't have gone over 2013 without it ^^
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Aug 27, 2015, 7:01:51 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

It would be really stupid to ignore 3rd party sites/programs when developing/balancing your game.

That's a whole lot different to designing leagues which will require 3rd party sites which don't yet exist but will be created for the purpose thereafter.
Casually casual.

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

It would be really stupid to ignore rely on 3rd party sites/programs when developing/balancing your game.

FTFY
These leagues do not _require_ 3rd party sites... it's just a convenience for players. There are dedicated global channels for tempest and warbands, you can join them if you want. 3rd party sites just improves the experience as much as sites like poestats do.
"
Dawmz wrote:
These leagues do not _require_ 3rd party sites... it's just a convenience for players. There are dedicated global channels for tempest and warbands, you can join them if you want. 3rd party sites just improves the experience as much as sites like poestats do.

Yes, because the devs totally didn't foresee (read: plan) that 3rd party media would take up the task.
Casually casual.

Think about what you're saying for a second, you're implying that they didn't do themselves a web page to announce tempests/warbands by pure laziness and because they knew 3rd party will do it for them. That's a totally stupid statement. I guess it would take a GGG intern 2 hours to do this.
The reality is that they'd rather have players talk about tempest or warbands on chat channels in game, in their guilds, through their status in game but they can't forbid people to do 3rd party websites for this stuff. What are they gonna do ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info