Better Trade System - abandon all your hope after reading latest QA

Abandon all your hope for AH or any better trade systems. Official QA thread has the answer:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409553

"There are a lot of questions about trade in the questions thread. We're working on several different things that make the process of getting items onto sites like poe.trade easier."

Enjoy your game then, I've lost all my faith in developers, luckily there are plenty other games out there, and D3 has a great 2.3 patch now.

The simplest better trade idea:
I honestly at least hoped for a mail system from The Elder Scrolls Online, where:
1. you mail the item and set a payment for it,
2. recipient recieves it,
3. if she/he/it/clicks accept, payment is drawn from his inventory/storage and he recieves the item. currency is mailed to you
4. you can cancel the mail if he doesn't pay for long enugh

I hoped at least for that, at least. But oh well. Thanks for the fun I had with PoE.
Last edited by Slaughtererr on Aug 27, 2015, 4:03:03 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Well, the current system with poe.trade is getting better. But yeah I can see why some people are disappointed.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
All this did for me honestly was tell me to get the fark over it and L2T.

PoE Trade or GTFO. Guess I'll PoE Trade then.
Last edited by ElChivoDiablo on Aug 27, 2015, 4:11:43 PM
I am kinda disappointed by this as well, and more disappointed with the map system. The only thing that lets me hope a bit is that they want to do something about the end-game in general. But I kind of have the feeling that I will be disappointed with that as well.

Reading the whole Q&A thingy just kinda shows me that it seems like I have started playing the wrong game.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Aug 27, 2015, 4:12:43 PM
No worries there are some other ARPG getting soon to release.
Chris deserve at least a hug for this honest Q&A answers maybe breaking some dream about PoE but at least some things are clear more than ever.

I'm not supporting Path of exile anymore i already wasted enough time supporting game studio using third party only like Minecraft did as the main example and i know how it will end.

That beeing said it's time to leave. This trade system clarification + every damn missed design with economy and endgame made me think i was just wasting time on a game who was really going for a great futur.

Cya guys enjoy the game if you like it as it is.

Or don't.
Hf :)
Well actually the indexing API might help a lot to get your items to some place you want to sell them. That could be a change depending on how it is done, that simplifies trading a lot. If you could safe the work of having to use a shop-page in the forum from which Poe.trade calls the data but instead could use your stashs or something like this it would really make it easier.

Right now you need at least two external tools for trading and reducing this down to only one would already be very beneficial.
Well at least they aren't misleading us any more about it. But as a sf player I'm honestly glad they aren't trying to overhaul in game trade. With trade as it is now there are still options for sfers like me. I am worried if they take in game trade too far it will hinder the sf experience by making trade more mandatory.
So they instead of improving trade , they make it so that the external tools could be improved.
i personally don't see the problem with this.

trade is easy enough as is if you ask me.

PS: am i the only 1 here who finds it funny that OP complains about trade in this game and then mentions D3?
If you were still "hoping" for some form of offline automatic trading, you were delusional. They always told it would not happen.
I'm guessing they were working on something similar to the way poe.trade works, but since poe.trade works fine and players are used to it, might as well keep that and improving the experience with some APIs to smooth the process.
If they provide better real time indexing APIs and a real time offline/online API, then all will be good.
There was never, ever going to be an AH.

I'm sure they will eventually be able to afford a trade upgrade on the forums but time, tech, staff and funds are limiting at the moment.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info