Thanks GGG for finally reworking Bandit-system!

"
yungwhiz wrote:
20 regrets is not worth the measly difference one bandit choice makes. It is costly to change them so we can say "hurr durr the game is hurdcuur and everything comes with a steep price" not because it is really impactful. It is difficult for the sake of being difficult. People want it to be expensive so they can pretend it is a meaningful choice and they "had to use their brain unlike D3 casuals hue hue hue"

Or OP's suggestion just creates a whole bunch of work for such an insignificant change overall.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Baron01 wrote:
PoE does not need such flexibility nor Bandit rewards have such huge impact than skills and runes in D3 but it would still be nice to improve on this super old rigid system that remains the same since ever.
I think the general concept of respecs in PoE is fine. Except for the bandit rewards. Them being behind such a huge paywall makes no sense when you look at the rest of the skill-system. It's solely there as a forced "commitment".
"
If costs can not be reduced for whatever eason, make the respec at least easier to perform and less error prone-I can easily imagine that some poor soul pay the price and mistakenly activate the book in wrong difficulty or use wrong component.
The only valid argument I have seen against reducing the respec cost is the Regret-economy. It still would break consistency mechanics wise but at least it's a point.

How cheaper bandit respecs would affect the value of Regrets is a different matter though. More people might respec, leading to a similar Regret consumption, with no change at all. It's also possible that consumption goes up, therefore demand and value, as people are less stingy about spending a Regret here and there, which eventually adds up. Or people keep hoarding and Regrets drop in value as they are over saturated. Hard to tell how it would develop.

However, it would be a "problem" that is created by the current system in the first place. And it's also reasonable to ask yourself if the value of Regrets is even relevant. In the end it wouldn't affect the economy much, no matter how it plays out.
"
My suggestion for respec mechanism: Let all bandits drop quest item that you can bring to NPC in Act2 town, which will initiate dialogue asking whether player want to respec. Each bandit will drop specific quest item also depenent on difficult, which than initiate appropriate respec--you kill Oak in Cruel, you change your Cruel reward to Oak's IPD. If you kill all 3 bandits in given difficulty, you get skill point.
That would definitely be a possibility, even though more time consuming than simply switching Jewels at Eramir. It would also be unintuitive that you have to HELP the bandit whose bonus you want, but to respec you have to KILL them. Might need some more thought in that department. Any reason why you would prefer that over simply switching things at Eramir?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info