Chris confirmed custom leagues are still considered and he asked for suggestions ! Here's mines.

"
Selling something in a game like this, which we have no idea how much support would really entail wouldn't be a good idea to start, by offering it as a lease they can complete the "lease" and not feel obligated to support for the remainder of the game time. I think this part is actually crucial in terms of whether or not they will add custom leagues. If they truly sell it they literally can't go back and have to support to going forward, forever.

This gave me an other idea, that would be a rental, but with an important feature.
Like monthly fee MMOs, we could have a CL that is a rental, but our characters and stashes are kept between payments. If you don't pay your fee for an MMO, they don't delete your progress, you just can't access it.

We could have inactive characters we would have to pay to keep going with them.

We already have spikes of players at the beginning of new leagues, because the hype is revived, and with it, new supporter packs and MTX selling.
GGG could do the same with custom leagues. Players return because there's a new league with new features, they then activate their CL again to play the new content and when they get bored and stop for a while they know they will keep what they farmed, except it's not on standard but on their own league.

This would bring more income for GGG and allow people like me to not feel like they play to get their stuff wiped.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
"
Kagari wrote:
"
Selling something in a game like this, which we have no idea how much support would really entail wouldn't be a good idea to start, by offering it as a lease they can complete the "lease" and not feel obligated to support for the remainder of the game time. I think this part is actually crucial in terms of whether or not they will add custom leagues. If they truly sell it they literally can't go back and have to support to going forward, forever.

This gave me an other idea, that would be a rental, but with an important feature.
Like monthly fee MMOs, we could have a CL that is a rental, but our characters and stashes are kept between payments. If you don't pay your fee for an MMO, they don't delete your progress, you just can't access it.

We could have inactive characters we would have to pay to keep going with them.

We already have spikes of players at the beginning of new leagues, because the hype is revived, and with it, new supporter packs and MTX selling.
GGG could do the same with custom leagues. Players return because there's a new league with new features, they then activate their CL again to play the new content and when they get bored and stop for a while they know they will keep what they farmed, except it's not on standard but on their own league.

This would bring more income for GGG and allow people like me to not feel like they play to get their stuff wiped.

Thats an option but that doesn't address many of the same points\arguments of to why at least initially a leasing option would be better. In addition having to keep characters that they dont explicitly say will be deleted can lead to players being upset that the custom league hasnt been updated with XX or YY yet, maybe a subscription like service could be a solution to a longer custom league, I still would be cautious to do that initially, this almost seems like this idea should be cautious and controlled initially and over time open up more options for things.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
It's hard to discuss personal demand for this, let alone forecast aggregate demand, without knowing what the constraints are.

i.e.
1. which parameters /rules/ mechanics can be customized, and which can't
2. how long would a paid league last
3. what happens to characters when the paid league ends
4. if paid leagues can last a long time, is new content rolled into them (same deal with patches, nerfs, buffs, bugfixes)
5. is it free for another player to join a custom league that someone else created/paid for
6. what sort of price ranges are we looking at
7. can you name the league yourself; can you use your own art/branding for the league flag

Is it all fixed constraints for every custom league? What I mean by that is, does the answer to 3 depend on what the player chooses to customize?
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Jan 13, 2016, 10:07:26 PM
"
Vhlad wrote:
It's hard to discuss personal demand for this, let alone forecast aggregate demand, without knowing what the constraints are.

i.e.
1. which parameters /rules/ mechanics can be customized, and which can't
2. how long would a paid league last
3. what happens to characters when the paid league ends
4. if paid leagues can last a long time, is new content rolled into them (same deal with patches, nerfs, buffs, bugfixes)
5. is it free for another player to join a custom league that someone else created/paid for
6. what sort of price ranges are we looking at
7. can you name the league yourself; can you use your own art/branding for the league flag

Is it all fixed constraints for every custom league? What I mean by that is, does the answer to 3 depend on what the player chooses to customize?

Yes, we need answers to these questions, but for 7. I think i have an opinion. Custom leagues should not appear on the league selection screen if you don't have access to it, it would be too confusing for mew players i guess.
5: i remember it was stated that only the owners of the league are allowed to invite players.
Didn't GGG firmly stated that ALL leagues can only have mods which increase difficulty? (ye, i know, rampage..)

I don't think custom leagues will make any difference in this rule. I don't see them giving you extra drop rates or better access to content, and i'm personally fine with it
"
Custom leagues would divide the community : Yes and no.
Yes because the players in those leagues won't directly interfere with the others.
No because those players are most likely the one playing either self found or that don't get involved in the chat/trading environment anyway.
And no also because that some people stop playing because of the current rules of the game they don't enjoy would come back and play. Play on their own sure but play. I prefer seeing people playing on their own CL than people not playing.

Would be my concern as well. But: We do have these 1 Month events; basically stuff is going around if they try to bridge the time between one and another temporary league. In that time (basically the new bridge), a custom leagues would be a great thing!
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Jan 14, 2016, 4:58:23 AM
"
Mahesys wrote:
Didn't GGG firmly stated that ALL leagues can only have mods which increase difficulty? (ye, i know, rampage..)

I don't think custom leagues will make any difference in this rule. I don't see them giving you extra drop rates or better access to content, and i'm personally fine with it

I think they would loose a lot of potential buyers by not allowing leagues to offer easier or tweaked content.
A lot of people complain that they don't have time to ;ake meaningful progresses in the game within their limited game time, so i think CL could be an option for them to enjoy to full content of the game without having to interfer with the core game on temp/perm leagues.
As long as it doesn't mess with current leagues, i don't think GGG should prevent buyers to tweak the game to their own taste.
Last edited by Kagari on Jan 14, 2016, 4:50:30 AM
"

I believe that was the stance, but as of now there really isn't anything we can be sure is "firmly stated" in regards to custom leagues considering what has changed over time.

"

I think they would loose a lot of potential buyers by not allowing leagues to offer easier or tweaked content.

Maybe, but IMO and again this might just be my opinion custom leagues shouldn't be a vastly different experience then someone can get from the perm leagues or temp leagues. In terms of losing "buyers" GGG shouldn't be "selling out" on principles the game was designed around just to get increased amount of sales.

"
As long as it doesn't mess with current leagues, i don't think GGG should prevent buyers to tweak the game to their own taste.

That is what I tried telling you before with the sandbox league thing, it absolutely WILL mess with every current version of the game. Anything that is "vastly" different then the main game IMO shouldn't be something they do, at least not initially.

Let the first few custom league ideas be previous stuff that was ran\tested\ect, then evolve into other things that people want, but aren't harmful to the other temp leagues, like a "crafting league" where you can get a bunch of exalts and stuff, but perhaps to somewhat counter the balance in the league make less unique items drop or something.

Again, at least initially it will HAVE TO be temp leagues, they can't promise to sell you something they can't be sure they can support.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info