[2.1 Buffed] Kuraku's Wild Strike DW Crit Dagger Shadow

UPDATED
-Added Vaal Pact skill tree
Spoiler
Vaal Pact works really well to fill in this builds defensive weakness - Make sure to keep a Heat flask handy, getting frozen will mean your death.
-Updated Pros/Cons
Last edited by kuraku94 on Dec 13, 2015, 5:54:56 PM
Hey dude. I like Wild strike, but you have to take care with your supports. Melee Phys dmg just increases the dmg on your single target, but not the converted phys dmg into ele dmg. So you better link something else. there is a lot of other options :)

ah and nevermind the tooltipdamage. its not the interesting one, because we need to know the aoe dmg and not just the first hit.
"
oedipat wrote:
Hey dude. I like Wild strike, but you have to take care with your supports. Melee Phys dmg just increases the dmg on your single target, but not the converted phys dmg into ele dmg. So you better link something else. there is a lot of other options :)

ah and nevermind the tooltipdamage. its not the interesting one, because we need to know the aoe dmg and not just the first hit.

Completely agree man, but I'm not sure if you misread my guide on gem links? I actually don't use MPD because someone had pointed that out when I first started, I think the post is still there from that person on the first page and I even have a credit to them in my gem links spoiler :]

And definitely, the tooltip dps isn't accurate for wild strike and really isn't accurate for just about any skill tbh - Best thing to go by is just clear speed, is it fast to clear a map? This is a good thing to think about because it then needs to have good mobility and AoE instead of just how much raw DPS can you do with X skill.

So yeah, while I completely agree with you on this I'm just unsure if you read over my guide to see that I actually do have these things in there and I don't mention tooltip DPS at any point :] If anything I probably moused over it briefly in my recent video cause I like to show what my stats are looking like on everything. Which is especially important to show if someone looks into a build thinking about their previous build that had 200k tooltip DPS and see this build with like 20-30k and think that it's weak.

Definitely lemme know if you have any other feedback! I check this thread pretty regularly and I really enjoy seeing people respond to it :]
Can anyone say if bino's are worth using? I can buy daggers with much better dmg than bino's at the same price so i wonder...
Hello

I'm back on POE after a few years away and I'm trying your build cause it's like CoC without CoC. It's a bit laggy but pretty fun to play. And I have a few questions:

- Whats your opinion on Innervate and Ice Bite? I dont like bloodrage cause when the shit hits the fan, that life drain can make the difference.

- what lvl are u using the cwdt, enfeeble and im call?

- and the curse on hit and ass mark?

- have u tried blade vortex on cwdt?

- why reckoning if it only works with shield?

Thanks and congratz!!
Last edited by Barrabaz on Dec 16, 2015, 4:39:45 PM
"
Hastexe wrote:
Can anyone say if bino's are worth using? I can buy daggers with much better dmg than bino's at the same price so i wonder...

I've never used them, but I can say that with Adder's Touch being nerfed as much as it was, I don't see poison being applied nearly as often as before. They might still be good just for the crit they have but overall I'd suggest just getting a pair of rare daggers and rolling with those.

"
Barrabaz wrote:
Hello

I'm back on POE after a few years away and I'm trying your build cause it's like CoC without CoC. It's a bit laggy but pretty fun to play. And I have a few questions:

- Whats your opinion on Innervate and Ice Bite? I dont like bloodrage cause when the shit hits the fan, that life drain can make the difference.

- what lvl are u using the cwdt, enfeeble and im call?

- and the curse on hit and ass mark?

- have u tried blade vortex on cwdt?

- why reckoning if it only works with shield?

Thanks and congratz!!

Never thought about that, but yeah it is kinda like CoC :] I've actually played this same build on a higher end PC and didn't have lag and it was amazing. . . I need to upgrade my PC soon. . . XD

-Innervate is great if you aren't using Daresso's because Onslaught is fantastic for this build's clear speed! Ice Bite I recently tested and it does require the use of Hatred in order for it to reliably replaces Blood Rage as frenzy charge generator - There's a couple issues I have with this, firstly is that Arctic Armour is awesome for our defense, secondly is that HoA not only has extra damage but also has ignite which deals a pretty sweet amount of damage to rares(Thought it's hard to notice a lot of the time just how much dmg unless you back off for a moment after they're ignited)
Plus, Blood Rage takes out 4% of our life per second - If you have 4k life, that's 160 life per second - with Abyssus that's about 230 life per second. We can more than make up for this with our leech and flasks. Though if you were wanting to create a HC variant, you would end up with more than 4k life and in that case it would actually be better to just go with Hatred and Ice Bite over Blood Rage. Hope this answers your question!

- I actually recently changed that setup(Today) because we aren't using enfeeble anymore as it won't work with our new Blasphemy setup. Cast When Damage Taken(LV3) - Immortal Call(LV8) - Summon Ice Golem(LV5) - Increased Duration

- We now use Blasphemy, because it's absolutely amazing :] Blasphemy - Assassin's Mark - Blood Rage(Doesn't need to be linked)

- I have not tried Blade Vortex at all, but I can't really imagine it being particularly useful on CWDT just because it's a spell where damage is based on gem level - meaning we would only be able to use with our current CWDT setup a lv9 Blade vortex with 19–29 phys dmg - That being said, could still be worth testing out at some point :]

- I was actually using Riposte but we've taken that out as well, with the switch over to Acro and Daresso's I stopped using counterattacks altogether

Thanks man and if you have any other questions feel free to ask :]
Last edited by kuraku94 on Dec 16, 2015, 6:07:09 PM
UPDATED
-Gems/Links section updated
-Playstyle updated
-Current Gear updated
-Skill tree updated
UPDATED
-Updated videos section with a Merciless Dried Lake Run XD
Hi.

I decided to try out your build. but i am stucked at the constructing in your guide you tell other gem links then your current gear got. and other question is when iam poor to buy vaal haste and grace what can i put in instead of them? and i am only lvl 65 but find that my defense is not so good how can i be more survival?
Last edited by Furionmasterx on Dec 26, 2015, 12:56:41 AM
"
Furionmasterx wrote:
Hi.

I decided to try out your build. but i am stucked at the constructing in your guide you tell other gem links then your current gear got. and other question is when iam poor to buy vaal haste and grace what can i put in instead of them? and i am only lvl 65 but find that my defense is not so good how can i be more survival?

Definitely go buy the gem/links section only for what gems to use(Though feel free to change it up if you wish) - There's a couple reasons for my current gear being different, one is that it isn't actually up to date with what I'm using and the other is that I do still experiment with different things all the time to look for ways to improve. :]

Don't worry about Vaal Haste and Vaal Grace, they are by no means a necessity for this build, they simply make high tier map bosses easier and make your clear speed a bit faster. As for what you could use in their place, not really much of anything I would recommend - Maybe experiment with diff stuff until then.

As for your survival - Make sure you aren't ignoring your defenses both in your skill tree and in your gear - With this build, you need to prioritize your defensive nodes on the tree before your straight damage nodes - At best you'll be sitting around 4k life endgame which we offset with leech and dodge, don't use Abyssus until you start doing maps because you really won't need it until then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info