[2.5] Dual Flame Totem Crit version. 263k dps (400k possible) . Uber and Normal Atziri

Got my first taste of an upper level map! First time to ever play Palace!! Double slow (temp chains and chilled ground), breezed right though. Dom was completely worthless.

EASY PEEZY!!!

Spoiler

Too bad all I got out of it was a freakin' pier map!! lol

PS> I like this build so much I am building it a second time for the 1 month darkshrine event!!! (this build + zombies) :)

"
Shinare wrote:
PS> I like this build so much I am building it a second time for the 1 month darkshrine event!!! (this build + zombies) :)

I'm running it now for the third time in Darkshrine ;)
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
Yo Rusherboy,

thank you very much for the build! I tried it out when I needed a change of pace from my tornado crit ranger and I'm having tons of fun with it!

Got a question, though: where in the skilltree would you go for the rest of the points? I reached the end of the tree you posted and can't decide where to put further points.

Basically, what I've scoped out as potential goals:

- 6 points: Fire wheel (uh, half-wheel or whatever) at the top of the tree, ending in Heart of Flame (left part of the wheel only, obviously, as burning damage seems somewhat useless). More fire damage, nothing more, nothing less.
- 7 (+2) points: Totem wheel on the left side going down, ending in Totemic Mastery, potentially branching off to a 4th jewel slot. Less damage bonus in exchange for a bunch of totem utility stats, some useful, some less so. Also, STR/DEX nodes on the way.
- 3 (+1) points: Elemental damage and jewel socket cluster in top left corner. 4th point goes into the remaining spell crit node in the Doom Cast wheel on the top right of the tree. A short-term solution, so to speak.

Flat-out damage, less damage and a bit of utility, or a jewel slot for variability? Maybe there are other potential targets that I've missed?

Oh, one last thing: For some reason I can't remember, I took the three casting speed nodes at the very beginning of the tree instead of the spell damage nodes (maybe you changed that, maybe I confused your tree with that of another guide at the time, I don't know). Do you think it matters a lot? Should I respec them? Sorry, I'm not good with skill mechanic mathematics and theorycrafting, so I don't really know how much spell damage those 9% cast speed would effectively translate into.

Your opinion would be appreciated!
Thanks so much Rusherboy, i'm having tons of fun with this build. (Y)
"
exXxcel wrote:
Yo Rusherboy,

thank you very much for the build! I tried it out when I needed a change of pace from my tornado crit ranger and I'm having tons of fun with it!

Got a question, though: where in the skilltree would you go for the rest of the points? I reached the end of the tree you posted and can't decide where to put further points.

Basically, what I've scoped out as potential goals:

- 6 points: Fire wheel (uh, half-wheel or whatever) at the top of the tree, ending in Heart of Flame (left part of the wheel only, obviously, as burning damage seems somewhat useless). More fire damage, nothing more, nothing less.
- 7 (+2) points: Totem wheel on the left side going down, ending in Totemic Mastery, potentially branching off to a 4th jewel slot. Less damage bonus in exchange for a bunch of totem utility stats, some useful, some less so. Also, STR/DEX nodes on the way.
- 3 (+1) points: Elemental damage and jewel socket cluster in top left corner. 4th point goes into the remaining spell crit node in the Doom Cast wheel on the top right of the tree. A short-term solution, so to speak.

Flat-out damage, less damage and a bit of utility, or a jewel slot for variability? Maybe there are other potential targets that I've missed?

Oh, one last thing: For some reason I can't remember, I took the three casting speed nodes at the very beginning of the tree instead of the spell damage nodes (maybe you changed that, maybe I confused your tree with that of another guide at the time, I don't know). Do you think it matters a lot? Should I respec them? Sorry, I'm not good with skill mechanic mathematics and theorycrafting, so I don't really know how much spell damage those 9% cast speed would effectively translate into.

Your opinion would be appreciated!

Glad you like the build.

This is what my build would look like if I levelled to 100 :

Don't worry about the starting nodes. Someone tried it and the difference from the cast speed and Spell damage was minimal. The more flat damage added you have (like added chaos damage or added fire/lightning/cold damage to spells), the better cast speed gets. Spell damage is best as it takes both the 25% converted chaos damage and the 75% fire damage when calculating. Added fire damage only adds to the 75%.

"
RenanTM wrote:
Thanks so much Rusherboy, i'm having tons of fun with this build. (Y)

Glad you like it!
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
Just bumping the most awesome crit flame totem build evar!! :)

Just hit level 70 in darkshrine on friday (5 days). Woot! Paid 1alc for a lifesprig (OpieOP!!!) and used it from level 5 (when I bought it) until level 60+. I really suggest using it for this build just to level. You seriously can wear a lifesprig with FlameTotem+FasterCast+AddedLightning (or chaos if you have it) and as little else as you want. I ran until level 60+ with ONLY it and another wand (+spell damage) and a minion helmet. (the less you wear the faster you move)

Posting my gear just for the fun of it! Have to get some better gear, and don't have any currency yet to get it. Ammy and rings are horrid, everything else is "meh". All is self found except for the 2 chos crit wand I bought off of someone on Friday when I hit 70 (wand was level 70). Once/If I get some currency I will buy better rings and ammy. I cant even afford a vaal haste LOL! My goal is level 80 so I just may map some till then and quit the league. (really just want the skin transfers prize, oh and get some free quality 20 gems from the perfection shrines)

level 70 gear

EDIT: Leveling these gems in my off slots this time. This time I'm GOING to hit level 21 totem!!!
Spoiler
Last edited by Shinare on Nov 9, 2015, 11:40:51 AM
20/20 Faster Projectiles Vs 20/20 Increased Critical Damage.

I just swapped out & lost 5K DPS. I think you are better off going with Increased Critical Damage.

Can you complete your tree to 95 please? Never mind, I saw the post.

Thanks!

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
Last edited by Ahewaz on Nov 9, 2015, 5:49:52 PM
"
Ahewaz wrote:
20/20 Faster Projectiles Vs 20/20 Increased Critical Damage.

I just swapped out & lost 5K DPS. I think you are better off going with Increased Critical Damage.

Can you complete your tree to 95 please? Never mind, I saw the post.

Thanks!

For me FP is a Quality of Life improvement which I prefer over increased dps. Having much longer reach while also adding damage, to me, is a win-win.

Any crit build is going to be all about the crit multi, so I can see where you are coming from. Just for me being able to hit a wider area without having to keep dropping totems constantly is very helpful, especially when I don't have quite the mana regen I wish I had, heh.
Last edited by Shinare on Nov 10, 2015, 11:25:42 AM
"
Shinare wrote:
Just hit level 70 in darkshrine on friday (5 days). Woot! Paid 1alc for a lifesprig (OpieOP!!!) and used it from level 5 (when I bought it) until level 60+. I really suggest using it for this build just to level. You seriously can wear a lifesprig with FlameTotem+FasterCast+AddedLightning (or chaos if you have it) and as little else as you want. I ran until level 60+ with ONLY it and another wand (+spell damage) and a minion helmet. (the less you wear the faster you move)

Lifesprig? Ha! I'm rocking this build with the awesome Fate Scratch at level 59...

I have a question though. I'm currently running CWDT + Ice Spear + Power Charge on Critical and while it does generate charges (without dealing damage) I'm not sure if my totems will benefit from the increased critical strike chance from charges. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thanks for the build, going well so far in Darkshrine!
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info