[2.5] Dual Flame Totem Crit version. 263k dps (400k possible) . Uber and Normal Atziri

"
gtrans wrote:
"
Rusherboy wrote:
So I tried the change gtrans suggested.

I actually lost 29 life and gained small mana and life regen.

Each 10 str node gives you +5 life so by losing 50 str I lost 25 added life.

I'm not going to update my original post with the changes as it's defenetly not worth the 11 Regals.

How is that not a good trade off?

40% mana regen
1% life regen
2% max life
8% chaos resist
10 dex

for

25 life

You can get 25 life just by min maxing your gear. And you don't get life regen from items.

That +25 life scales with all the % life modifiers and ends up adding up to to a lot more then you think.
"
Royalsaintt wrote:
Hey, i'm new in this. This build is cheap? Is friendly? Is a good build for a newbie?

Well it's certainly easy to level. You don't need 6-link or expensive items to do 68-77 maps.

Atziri and level 78+ maps require decent gear but compaired to other builds that are Atziri capeable, this ones pretty cheap.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
Added videos of Village Ruin boss and Shrine boss into the video section :

Village Ruin

Shrine

Last edited by Rusherboy on Sep 23, 2015, 7:07:55 PM
I really feel like you should've taken Alira's permanent 5% cast speed instead of 1 passive point.

Here's my point of view:

Giving the nature of your build (crit based) and the nature of our skill which heavily relies on cast speed to be the most effective, 5% cast speed (recently buffed from 4%) is really a must for this build.

Cast speed helps EVERYTHING, from casting you auras to using lightning warp or summoning golems. Whatever. Cast speed goes hand in hand with a crit build. In a given time span, with more cast speed than usual, you are likely to crit more often. That AND the fact that almost 50% of our damage comes from Added Chaos Damage gem. This gem is godly when pared with a high cast speed which is the only potent way to boost its effectiveness.

I feel like accessing 5% cast speed much earlier in the game helps a ton with clear speed. You could argue that with 1 passive point you can travel further on the tree but when is that 1 passive an advantage compared to the 5% cast?
Last edited by gtrans on Sep 25, 2015, 1:56:37 AM
"
gtrans wrote:
I really feel like you should've taken Alira's permanent 5% cast speed instead of 1 passive point.

Here's my point of view:

Giving the nature of your build (crit based) and the nature of our skill which heavily relies on cast speed to be the most effective, 5% cast speed (recently buffed from 4%) is really a must for this build.

Cast speed helps EVERYTHING, from casting you auras to using lightning warp or summoning golems. Whatever. Cast speed goes hand in hand with a crit build. In a given time span, with more cast speed than usual, you are likely to crit more often. That AND the fact that almost 50% of our damage comes from Added Chaos Damage gem. This gem is godly when pared with a high cast speed which is the only potent way to boost its effectiveness.

I feel like accessing 5% cast speed much earlier in the game helps a ton with clear speed. You could argue that with 1 passive point you can travel further on the tree but when is that 1 passive an advantage compared to the 5% cast?

You are absolutely correct.

If I were to start a new character now I would defenetily help cruel Alira.

I will update the original post.

Thanks for the suggestion.

First of all thanks for the great guide.
I'm thinking about using this build for the upcoming 1 month league.

I have a couple of questions:

What is your opinion about Phase Run, because this build is all about dodging and moving around while your Totems kill everything?

Is the Diamond Flask good for this build?
With about 50% crit and 500% crit dmg, it could boost your DPS by 35% (while it is up), if i did the math correctly.

Is it really good to use three Vaal skills?
In my opinion it takes way too long to "fill" them up. I used three in my SRS build and I could not use them until late into the maps.

"
13a5ti wrote:
First of all thanks for the great guide.
I'm thinking about using this build for the upcoming 1 month league.

I have a couple of questions:

What is your opinion about Phase Run, because this build is all about dodging and moving around while your Totems kill everything?

Is the Diamond Flask good for this build?
With about 50% crit and 500% crit dmg, it could boost your DPS by 35% (while it is up), if i did the math correctly.

Is it really good to use three Vaal skills?
In my opinion it takes way too long to "fill" them up. I used three in my SRS build and I could not use them until late into the maps.

You can change Enhance for Phase Run in the head slot. I like that idea.

I use three health pots because when we get hit we really need alot of instant healing. I like the idea of Diamond Flask and will try it out on my next Atziri run.

I used three Vaal skills just because I can. I am levelling second Vaal Haste now and will in future only use two Vaal Haste.

I'm now leveling a Incinirate Scion until the map changes so I haven't been playing this character.

I will start again when the new patch has arrived.

Last edited by Rusherboy on Sep 30, 2015, 6:34:31 AM
Rusherboy wanna ask your opinion what do you think of Three Dragon mask? and added lightning combo?

I try it my when you using three dragon helm gives like 90% shock on enemies effect of +50% more damage which is good + added lightning gem i try it my self also gives freeze and shatter enemy into piece which is more safer for totem in crowd of mobs.

what do you think of it?
"
popotm12 wrote:
Rusherboy wanna ask your opinion what do you think of Three Dragon mask? and added lightning combo?

I try it my when you using three dragon helm gives like 90% shock on enemies effect of +50% more damage which is good + added lightning gem i try it my self also gives freeze and shatter enemy into piece which is more safer for totem in crowd of mobs.

what do you think of it?

I'm now running this build in the 1M league so I'm not on my main these days.

Simply put, I don't like it.

I never lose my totems in a crowd of mobs unless there is ele reflect so I don't care about freezing.

I get both more raw added damage from Added Chaos Damage and it is more likely not to be resisted as Lightning damage is.

And finally I don't want to give up ES and Life wich I get from helmet.

After the change to shock mechanic in 2.0 it does not do much as Flame Totem does alot of small hits rather than one big hit.

If you have 20/20 Added Lightning Damage gem and A Mask then you can try it for yourself.

I'll get back to this character after the 1M league and I'll mabey give it a test if others report positive results about that setup.

So I have been having lots of fun in the 1 Month League. Testing a small change in the tree and liking it alot.

Started late so I'm only lvl 80 but I think I'm ready to start doing Atziri runs now. 30k dps in hideout with 5 link, mediocre gear and no jewels. Gems still only lvl 18-19. 5,6k hybrid pool.

Tree :

Gear :

Spoiler

Will do videos when I get into higher tier maps and start Atziri.

Last edited by Rusherboy on Oct 12, 2015, 10:41:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info