[2.1] The Volcano Summoner - Magma Orb Totem Sire of Shards Templar

Im propably going to try this build in the near future.

Here are my 2 cents on wht i have seen so far:
-I dont think Herald of Ice is actually worth the 25% mana reserved. Which in return means that we could scrap Atziris Folible for Rashkaldor's Patience. Its quite cheap aswell which makes it an excellent vaaling target.
-The Spire of Stone Jewel should be able to solve all your Totem stun problems, check it out!
-Kaoms Heartis a good choice for survivability but i dont think loosing the sockets is worth it. I would suggest running a rare chest with resists or a Carcass Jack instead. I would also suggest running Controlled Destruction and fire penetration over iron will as Iron will is just a increased, i.e. additive modifier while CD is a multiplicative one.
-with the upcoming Hierophant Ascendancy class, running Ancestral Bond might not be worth it anymore. 3 totems should be more than enough. I would suggest Flame surge as an additional Self-cast Single target damage skill. Or firestorm with a curse on hit setup.. (Actually Arctic breath should be more effective because of chilled ground but i like to keep it pure fire..)
I tried to make this tree for ascendancy with the Hierophant class.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUAAPndi4zAmgmq2fzAZgSzPAWiAJ_f73yaO-08gpvVpleUKU-ePIx2tzFmnvrScg8Wb1nzJKrjaho4rKo26ZBVcqkabMT2na6vp8auJ-199acIA3UczjwtEMwGDhku2CTr7pErK1CDX4PMK7bUfDbFVkh8g5rghTIc3Fh3Dc23PoxGCfYfAqeURZ24k48aXwT-VP4KiFr4kwQHXl1TUij62L1ewKBCg9tMs9H9mK01klXGl5W18jpYUlNuqqyYPV9khPFsBqA22Pm9SRsqjexVTwRoWgRROhaGgismA5oAAAAA

Dropped Ancestral Bond for the 2 extra totems, with that i could proc both Elemental Equilibrium and Elemental Overload with a Orb of storms or some other non-fire spell and great damage mitigation with 40% MoM

Critiques are welcome ofc :)
"
Vapordrago88 wrote:
I tried to make this tree for ascendancy with the Hierophant class.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUAAPndi4zAmgmq2fzAZgSzPAWiAJ_f73yaO-08gpvVpleUKU-ePIx2tzFmnvrScg8Wb1nzJKrjaho4rKo26ZBVcqkabMT2na6vp8auJ-199acIA3UczjwtEMwGDhku2CTr7pErK1CDX4PMK7bUfDbFVkh8g5rghTIc3Fh3Dc23PoxGCfYfAqeURZ24k48aXwT-VP4KiFr4kwQHXl1TUij62L1ewKBCg9tMs9H9mK01klXGl5W18jpYUlNuqqyYPV9khPFsBqA22Pm9SRsqjexVTwRoWgRROhaGgismA5oAAAAA

Dropped Ancestral Bond for the 2 extra totems, with that i could proc both Elemental Equilibrium and Elemental Overload with a Orb of storms or some other non-fire spell and great damage mitigation with 40% MoM

Critiques are welcome ofc :)

Seems like there is a lot of stuff that I did not think about earlier. How does it perfrom, what milestones did you complete with it? Is it a build you would recommend?
Charge and attack, going to hell an back!
Any updates?

Especially damage numbers?

I ran similar build in 2.0 and it looked fucking hilarious, covering the entire screen in Magma Orbs even before the change that further boosted its AoE. Killed quite a few people in parties because of that ;) Quite hard to see what is going on since basically entire screen is on fire

The only other problem was the lack of damage, but with the addition of Elemental Overload that is basically taken care of by giving you free dmg 400% multiplier so no crit multi is needed

Also an additional benefit of using Hierophant's 2 totems and dropping Ancestral is the ability to use a spell linked to PCoC in order to maintain power charges which will also contribute to damage dealing.

BTW taking EE makes zero sense since totems use player's skills and benefit from his passive tree general purpose offensive passives, so they also apply EE.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Mar 21, 2016, 12:45:49 PM
Anyone got a report on how well this works in 2.3?

Plus, if it'll work just as well without 10 uniques or something. I think Hrimmnor's and Doryani's belts would be the only uniques that seem extremely impactful
Last edited by CyborgCommunist on Jul 14, 2016, 2:40:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info