[2.1] The Volcano Summoner - Magma Orb Totem Sire of Shards Templar

--- This build is mostly finished, but still in progress. ---

--- As of the Magma Orb changes in 2.1 this build has even huger AoE and a lot more DPS. Fusing together with the dual curse makes it a really fast clearing and fun to play build. ---

I'm no man of long speeches, so I will keep the description as short and informative as possible.

With this build you are able to summon two volcanos, covering the whole screen and even going offscreen with their AoE. The DPS is by far not enough to slay Uber Atziri, but thank Doedre there are curses to weaken the enemies. Dual Totem, dual Curse, single Templar.

What you need to know about this build:

+++:
- huge AoE
- two totems absorbing a high amount of damage
- high life pool
- dual curse
- one of the most satisfying builds I have played yet
- reflect immune
- high cast speed
- enemies lose all fire resistance
- if played more defensively than me it might be HC viable

---:
- stun
- can get expensive pretty fast (talking of 50+ ex)

The gear:
Spoiler
Socketed Gems are all final, except cold snap (don't know what else to use there).
Please not, that when choosing rare items you should mainly focuse on armour based items with life and res rolls. Movement speed on boots will increase your survivability a lot. But most important is to get high mana regen on your rings and amulet, since the late game mana pool is still very small, but high mana regen combined with low mana cost will negate the problem of missing mana.

Luckily some of these items are not essential:
Spoiler

I recommend to combine Windscream with a rare amulet with res, spell dmg, and mana regen. You might also have to abandon Mokou's Embrace for another ring with mana regen and resistances, since not everyone will have the luck to get the same Two Stone Ring from a stack of "The Lover".

The Tree:
Lvl 49 Tree (able to use Sire of Shards):
Ancestral Bond should be taken as the last node.

Finished Tree:

Bandits:
Oak, Eramir, Eramir.

Jewels:
Spoiler
Survival Secrets should be the first to use, since it greatly buffs the mana regen.

Videos of the build in action are soon to come.

I will answer any questions, so feel free to respond and help me to increase the efficiency of this build.
Charge and attack, going to hell an back!
Last edited by Voicience on Dec 17, 2015, 5:07:00 AM
Last bumped on Jul 14, 2016, 2:38:32 AM
Looks like a fun build...video update!
I will add a few videos of the build in action once I get to know a good programm to make videos other than Fraps, which is dropping my framerate singificantly. I would be very thankfull for some recommendations.
Hey

Good looking build! started to build one like yours and mine is lvl 24 atm. I've got two questions for you.

First, I see you use immortal call with CWDT. Don't you use enduring cry to get IC last longer, or am I missing something?

Secondly, what to do with the bandits?

Marda
Use Nvidia Shadowplay for recording.
Why do you grab the reduced mana cost nodes?
"
Marda_FIN wrote:
Hey

Good looking build! started to build one like yours and mine is lvl 24 atm. I've got two questions for you.

First, I see you use immortal call with CWDT. Don't you use enduring cry to get IC last longer, or am I missing something?

Secondly, what to do with the bandits?

Marda

Immortal Call doesn't work with CWDT since 2.0.

Bandits are now in the guide, forgot to mention them.
Last edited by Voicience on Sep 10, 2015, 4:43:07 PM
"
Zirderick wrote:
Why do you grab the reduced mana cost nodes?

Since the mana pool overall will not be very high and I reserved more than 70% of it for HoC and Anger, I tried to get the mana regen as high as possible and the mana cost as low as possible, so I can maintain at least 2 totem summons and 2 curse casts.
Okay this definitely sounds amazing.
The thought of running this on a triple totem build next league just turned me on so hard, you can't even know.
I can hardly wait for the video(s) !
Still need to make a video on this build and this was also intended as a little bumper, because my thread fell behind a good distance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info