[2.1.0] Grocery's Boss Destroyer BLAST RAIN Compendium! Phys2Ele Build!

"
skuadak wrote:
I've never had this node taken in my life, can't be any help here.

That's bit strange but it looks like he needed these somewhere else, I don't know where and why did he decide to drop these 4 particular nodes. Only OP knows.
Well, at least I have no clue.

Limited skill points depending on what you want and what you have. Point Blank will require some higher defenses. I don't like point blank too much with this build as you spend so little time while leveling it is not worth it imo. Most time is at high level and I don't want to have to be close to a target.

For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Will be updating this tonight or tomorrow night with a 2.1 theorycraft!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Updated the tree with JSON skill tree options!

HUGE BUFFS TO THIS BUILD!

RoA 10% damage buff.
Elemental Leech now lets us use WED, Added Fire and Phys to lightning with massive leech!
Point Blank is buffed and amazing for RoA!

Excited to continue playing this build. I will keep updating this thread as more official news is released. Please feel free to min max the build!

A life wheel build will be coming soon.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC

Hello Sir,

thanks for the awesome Guide i will play this on the new Talsiman League!

"
Grocery wrote:

Elemental Leech now lets us use WED, Added Fire and Phys to lightning with massive leech!

I dont understand this they put a Elemntal leech passive in the new tree or what do u mean exactly?
In the new Patch Point Blank is a must have right - do you know how much they buffed the range?
Can u add a leveling progression tree?
"
ultron1337 wrote:

Hello Sir,

thanks for the awesome Guide i will play this on the new Talsiman League!

"
Grocery wrote:

I dont understand this they put a Elemntal leech passive in the new tree or what do u mean exactly?
In the new Patch Point Blank is a must have right - do you know how much they buffed the range?
Can u add a leveling progression tree?

No problem, enjoy it!

Point Blank is not necessarily a must, but I am taking it. You have to gear well to be able to safely go so close to the mobs as an evasion character. Therefore Taste of Hate and LC is what I use, but there are alterntives of course. It would be unreasonable to expect you to have those. But you should gear more defensively when using PB on HC/high level SC.

Leveling progression will be added with 2.1 when the tree is posted to the actual poe site and not externals.

There is now attack damage leech in the duelist area for both mana and hp and in much higher quantities than before. Attack damage will be both ele and phys, so leech is in a great state now.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Dec 9, 2015, 7:00:45 AM
Added a small portion for Blast Rain as it supposedly should be in line with RoA's buff as per Chris. Similar gem setups. Considering they are very similar skills, it seems like a good thing to add to this build as an alternative to RoA.

It can also be easily 100% elemental. It converts 50% of phys to Fire. Phys to lightning converts another 50% from phys to lightning. Should be interesting!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:
It can also be easily 100% elemental. It converts 50% of phys to Fire. Phys to lightning converts another 50% from phys to lightning. Should be interesting!

I could be wrong about the interaction, but I think Phys to Lightning will only convert 50% of the 50% physical to lightning, meaning your Blast Rain will end up being 50% Fire 25% Physical, 25% Lightning. Either way, it's looking really good. Can't wait to see what we're working with.

Also, hello again!
"
RegulusNorth wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:

I could be wrong about the interaction, but I think Phys to Lightning will only convert 50% of the 50% physical to lightning, meaning your Blast Rain will end up being 50% Fire 25% Physical, 25% Lightning. Either way, it's looking really good. Can't wait to see what we're working with.

Also, hello again!

I am 100% sure that it will convert off the original base. I just tested it with Lightning Arrow.

Lightning Arrow converts 50% of Phys to lightning damage. Without P2L gem (unbuffed intown, no charges, no auras) my top end phys damage on LA was 1483 and my top end lightning damage on LA was 3433.

Adding in P2L brought my phys damage on LA to 0 and top end lightning damage on LA to 8,432, again without buffs, charges, auras, etc.

As such, I am 100% sure that Blast Rain will work the same. Hatred works the same way. It gives you x% of your physical damage as extra cold damage BEFORE being reduced by supports.

Hopefully that clears it up! That is why the leech is A HUGE, HUGE buff for phys to ele conversion builds.

If you have any other questions please let me know! It helps me learn more about the game as well and often times I learn new things in the process.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:
As such, I am 100% sure that Blast Rain will work the same. Hatred works the same way. It gives you x% of your physical damage as extra cold damage BEFORE being reduced by supports.

That's excellent, and I had no idea. Definitely leaves a lot of interesting possibilities to consider.

On a different topic, you mention in the opening post that you prefer the phys to elemental build over the pure elemental build. Could you explain your preference, as well as the differences between the two and what they entail?
"
RegulusNorth wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:

That's excellent, and I had no idea. Definitely leaves a lot of interesting possibilities to consider.

On a different topic, you mention in the opening post that you prefer the phys to elemental build over the pure elemental build. Could you explain your preference, as well as the differences between the two and what they entail?

Yupp, it is a nice interaction.

Pure ele would be using a pure ele rolled bow. So lightning/cold/fire damage rolled bow. I prefer phys to ele because if I want to do a phys reflect map, I can use all my ele supports. If I want to do a ele refpect map I just take out my ele supports, do less damage, but still do the map.

Phys to ele would be stacking all physical damage on bows, rings, quiver, neck, gloves, etc. Phys on talent tree, then converting over with hatred, herald, WED, P2L, AF. Also, weap ele on rings, neck, quiver and belt is important.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info