[2.1.0] Grocery's Boss Destroyer BLAST RAIN Compendium! Phys2Ele Build!

Hello all!

The leech changes are a huge buff to this build! We can now play a pure ele build and have excellent leach or we can do pure phys and convert most of it to elemental and still have excellent leech. No need for life leech gems or blood magic! My personal favorite is phys to ele and not pure ele but both are excellent.

Point Blank being buffed is HUGE for this build as well. With Blast Rain, ele leech and point blank buffs, this is positioned to be in a very nice place! I don't take Point Blank 100% of the time. I actually prefer to spec out of it at higher gear levels to be a bit safer. I think Point Blank should be used for tanky non-crit variants, but you can use it while leveling or if you really like it. As crit, if you run it, you will want to gear more defensively and take less offensive uniques.

Since the skills between Blast Rain and Rain of Arrows are very similar, I am going to go ahead condense these two skills in one guide. You can run EITHER with these setups.

I will try and answer every single comment in here. Please use the thread and not PM so I don’t have to answer the same question too much!

I am uploading videos now of me using this pretty decent bow that cost me 6 exalts + 1 awesome Divine on standard (I had to link it myself). You can probably find cheaper but I just did a quick buyout. 316 DPS bow here. 342 DPS WITH A SWEET DIVINE!

You don't need godly gear to do this build as you can see from the bow above. This bow above is even still a bit of overkill, you could get a lower dps bow.

2.1 Talent Trees

2.1 Leveling Trees for Phys Version

Videos:
2.1 Video Build Guide!

Level 80 Courtyard Map with 144% quant here

Level 81 Palace Map Zerg

Gear ON STANDARD
Spoiler

Gear FOR HC
Spoiler

Flask Setup
Spoiler

optional and useful flasks for certain fights

Reasons for Gear choices and other options:
Spoiler

Don't worry about leech on gear, just get it from the passive tree. We used to need to do this on gear, but now with attack damage leech on the tree, no need!

Helm:Rat's nest is the go to due to the IAS, move speed, crit and rarity. You can use Alpha's but it will really not be worth it in this build. Starkonja's is also decent if you need the survivability. For the HC variant you can go with a straight HP/Res rare helm. IF YOU USE LIGHTNING COIL DROP RAT'S NEST

Chest:I went with a rare chest because I wanted to stack up on defensives (res, evasion and life). You do not need such an amazing chest.

Carcass Jack is a top tier choice due to the area damage and radius increase, ele res, life and evasion.

I prefer lightning coil for the Point Blank version so you can take a bit less physical damage when you have to be close to the mobs. This can be very hard to do with certain setups. As Vaal Pact it will be tough as you will want blood dance. you will have to drop Rat's nest to use Coil at the least.

For the HC version, you can go with Kaom’s heart or Belly of the Beast. I prefer Kaoms over but Belly is sweet.

Gloves: Obviously Acuities are the best item in the game and the first option for gloves. They allow you to get retarded survivability with high crit. If you have the currency this is a huge boost to the build. Realistically though, most people won't be able to afford them. Maligaro's work just fine for this build and are a ton of damage. Rare gloves work fine as well and make gearing easier as you won't be wearing too many uniques. Rare gloves are best for the HC version or if you cannot afford them.

Boots: If you are taking Vaal Pact, go for Blood Dance.

Without Vaal Pact I went with rare boots. I don't see any reason to go for anything else. Get strength if needed and stack the move speed with high life and res. Weap ele damage via crafting if it is an option. Atziri’s step is always a good choice, especially if you are running Atziri/Uber or you want to be super safe on HC.

Belt:I went with a rustic sash for the extra phys damage but a Heavy Belt is just as good if it saves you a point on the tree (depending on the point of course). I went with ele weap damage, life, strength and res as per normal.

Bow: Your bow does not need 550 DPS even 330 DPS is WAY more than enough. Look for high crit chance. It is very, very important as it boosts damage insanely. After that look for physical damage (don't get a 150 dps bow though). IAS helps a good deal too! Make sure you get a Harbinger bow or any other bow with high base crit. CHIN SOL IS AMAZING

Rings/Amulet: I prefer rare rings with life, crit (implicit), crit (affix), damage rolls, weap ele damage and res. IAS is always a plus.

Quiver: My Quiver is shitty but I need the resistance. Look for Crit, IAS, Ele Damage, Life or res if needed.

Gem Setup and reasoning
Spoiler

Blast Rain
4L: WED + PPAD + added fire
5L: Phys to lightning/Faster attacks
6L: Phys to lightning/Faster attacks

Ultimate top tier damage would be using Concentrated effect. It makes it much smaller, but for pure damage, conc effect is nuts.

Rain of Arrows
4L: WED + PPAD + added fire
5L: Phys to lightning/Faster attacks
6L: Phys to lightning/Faster attacks

You can also switch a gem out for increased aoe.

Frenzy
4L: PPAD + Faster Attacks + WED
5L: Added Fire/Phys to Lightning (or PCOC if you need it for boss fights with no curse on hit)
6l: Added Fire/Phys to Lightning (or PCOC if you need it for boss fights with no curse on hit)
You may want phys to lightning before WED/AF but try it for yourself.
I use Power Charge on Critical Strike just in case I am in a boss fight.

Blood Rage
Blood Rage is excellent if you do not take vaal pact. I would link this with increased duration, enhance, faster casting!

Cast When Damage Taken
Temp chains, Summon Ice Golem if you take Vaal Pact and don't need Blood Rage

Movement
I am using Blink Arrow as it is fantastic for moving up ledges or out of sticky situations

Auras
Hatred + Herald of Ice with curse of hit is likely better than Herald of Ash, that way you can get power charges. I also make sure to use Vaal Haste with increased duration. I have started to use Herald of Ice with Curse on Hit, Assassin's Mark. This allows me to have 3 charges at all times and not cast anything.

Vaal Skills
Vaal Haste + Vaal Grace + Increased Duration

Vaal Grace trivializes fights and Vaal Haste makes your damage go ballistic.

Curses
Assassin's Mark and/or Enfeeble

Bandits: Life, Point, Frenzy Charge

Leveling: You can level with this build quite easily. If you have a decent crit bow or not it works fine. Obviously since they introduced lower level bows with high base crit it is much easier nowadays.

Videos:
2.1 Video Build Guide!

Level 80 Courtyard Map with 144% quant here
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Dec 24, 2015, 8:11:25 AM
Last bumped on Jun 28, 2016, 4:05:02 PM
Posted the video guide with both the SC and HC options!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
I don't understand why this doesn't seem to be getting much attention!? Looks like an amazing build, Think I'll give it a try on my archer. She's currently split arrow but trees almost identical so I just have to swap some gems around and make it rain.

Great videos.
"
Dreschau wrote:
I don't understand why this doesn't seem to be getting much attention!? Looks like an amazing build, Think I'll give it a try on my archer. She's currently split arrow but trees almost identical so I just have to swap some gems around and make it rain.

Great videos.

RoA is unfortunately extremely unpopular this time round, I should know ):
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
quick question, isn't carcus jack a good choice for this build?
"
insobyr wrote:
quick question, isn't carcus jack a good choice for this build?

Yes, it is very good! It depends on what you have and what you want. It is a top tier choice for the build though.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Dreschau wrote:

Great videos.

Thanks mate! Let me know if you have any questions!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
looks like this is Shadow doable as well just hit start and work way down
I can be spotted wondering Wraeclast
Thanks for posting this build! I always wanted to use RoA but due to the lack of info I thought it was not really viable.
One question, gmp on RoA? cause u seem to have it in ur sc gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info