[rant] So I played TERA up to level 30

As someone who played this game at endgame: the community is absolute shit. Poe's community is thousands of times better than tera community.

Let me outline some stuff that goes on in endgame. You hit max level and you're expected to know everything. If you fuck up once in a dungeon, goodbye! You're out. And dungeons have a 24 hour cooldown. It used to be even worse. If you weren't the optimal class, you used to be insta kicked from the party. And believe me, optimal classes are not required to clear content. You can slap literally any 3 dps, any healer class, any tank and you are very much able to clear dungeons. But they did it anyway. At the same time, this community is wondering why they can't retain any new prospects. They are this clueless. I even posted a reddit thread concerning this. Their response? "Humans are inherently toxic, so there's nothing we can do about it, and so we'll continue to be as such". Great attitude /s. Practically anyone who is still staying in tera: these are all hardcore players. You won't be seeing any casuals or average joes in endgame. They are just not wanted.

Now for me, I played this game for years. I am fully decked in gear. I mean, DECKED. I will say this much on gearing rng for tera: it's even worse than poe. The gear upgrade you go through, it's even more rng based. The chances of getting the highest enchant on your weapon is 1/125. Not bad huh? The mats to try even once is the equivalent of 10+ exalts. This is just to get from the second highest enchant to the highest, I won't even go into the blood and tears to get to that point in the first place. Tera is a kmmo after all, and even as a korean I find it too grindy.

And in case nobody caught on yet, yes I'm salty about this game. I got kicked out of my own guild because eventually my views and theirs were just too different. If anyone has seen me post on this forum before, you know I am one toxic guy. Over there, I am the nice guy. Keep that in mind if you ever want to commit to tera.
"
jebroni wrote:
Keep that in mind if you ever want to commit to tera.

I decided not to because of some mistake EnMasse/Steam made, they suddenly (without any announcement) forced all steam users to download an 8gb update. I've checked the forums and they didn't have any explanations or apologies as to why this happened. Whatever that is, a non-expansion 8gb patch update to steam only users is bad to people who have bad internet.

So now I'm playing World of Warships. Though I plan to play GW2, probably once HoT is on sale.
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info