Mathil's HyaonClone - Full Lightning Cyclone, cheap super clearspeed

Hi,

Can you give me Pros and Cons to this build from your perspective as for now I only see good side :)
Any map mods it cannot run? Does it struggle with specific bosses?

Thank you
Hello world.
my take on the build after playing the 1month league ,, did all 20 challenges with this build no problems

its fun , but when you start to get up into Tier 9 + maps you really start to take some damage

i have 8 frenzy chargers and the Hyaons 3% extra damage per frenzy charge takes it tol on things

i was using the carcass 5L but went back to the Daresso's for better defensive ,, im at 5.3k HP too and a few times i got 1 shot , mind you the mods on the 1m at times were crazy too

for a change at lv 89 i brought i cheap fast added lighting foil for 3 c

and i was amazed how good it was with the Soul taker / 5L Caracss , the dps is very good ,, and to me it just feels safer

anyways ,, gets a bit dicey in the high lv maps with the Hyaon but still a fun way to cyclone

still leveling my 20 q gems

gear

gear swap

Last edited by Shaghar on Oct 18, 2015, 9:43:32 PM
I was wandering if LgoH wouldn't be better to use instead of leech?
Since cyclone hits so damn fast.
If not, it might still be the better support to level, until you reach like 8-10k+ deeps or something.

Also, did you ever think of utilizing the innervate gem?

Any thoughts on this?

I'm trying this build in darkshrines atm, but I don't have the gems yet to test this myself, will update when I do. :)

Edit: switched Leech for lgoh and it feels quite a bit safer.
Last edited by dopey_dope on Nov 21, 2015, 9:04:09 AM
Now here's a crazy idea I just thought of; Doryani's Fist. I mean, the flat lightning dmg is higher than Hyaons. Is it just to gimmicky and do the 12% á frenzy charge out dps Doryani's?
can you post what is dps with this build?
need to know it very much plz
hmm im actually quite curious about this build now.

have any of your thoughts changed about this build now that pathfinder has been revealed? raider seems like the far more obvious choice but i feel like you could still centralize a bit around flasks and higher defense VERY easily, even without going pathfinder.

right now unique flasks are at an all time high in power supplied both offensively and defensively. i play in standard so i have all of these flasks and i just don't see a reason NOT to use them, if you have them.

here is my problem. i really don't like the acrobatics cluster anymore. i was and always have been a huge advocate of it ever since open beta and especially in 1.0 when it was buffed, but now-a-days its dead.

acrobatics kills your block and ES. kills it dead. makes it so you basically have to run evasion and dodge only.
my problem with this is you can easily run a shield, boots like darkrays or atziri step, armour like hyrri's or daresso's, and soon to be quartz flasks for added dodge/spell dodge, and even vaal grace to get PLENTY of dodge/spell dodge without the help of acrobatics at all. so why gimp yourself from the block/spell block you can obtain by using a shield or even dual wielding.

i feel you'd be much better off defensively by running a high evasion shield to boost evasion and base block chance. can easily run just a few shield nodes which you're already pathed to anyway to significantly boost defense of shield and raise block chance a little.
PS this could also work with dual wielding i suppose.

here is the catch. you need to spec FOUR passives to pick up flask nodes. this, coupled with a rare belt of 17+% reduced flask charges used and you can use all unique flasks three times. you will also get slightly higher duration and flask charges gained.

this should let you run rumi's, VofV and if you have it taste of hate purely for the higher resistances and phys to cold. however come ascendancy you can replace the need for ToH with just a normal sapphire flask.

running some flasks will allow you to gain +10% of ALL resistances, with shield and NON legacy rumi's, upwards of an easy 57-67% block (depending on rumi's roll) and if you use a lazhwar which are easy to corrupt +1 frenzy, thats 49% spell block. while retaining a still upwards amount of 50% dodge and 33% spell dodge with vaal grace, which you should only need to pop during bosses, rogues or tough rares through maps anyway. plenty of charges for that.

while dual wielding you could pick up a prismatic eclipse for more block and attack speed. you'd end up with less evasion and about 10% less block, but higher attack speed by a long shot too. +10% more and upwards of +36% increased from eclipse.

Proposed new tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIBAF4A7gSzBS0FtQguCTMKmwzyD6sVIBa_GY4ZtBo4I_YmlScvKk0s6S2DMHwyiTWSNj031DqtOtg8LT3iPs8_J0MxRA1G10d-SO5KyEz_TZJRR1SCVUtX4lnzWhph4mKsZU1o8mqTbIxtbG6qb4RxhXIPcql07XflfNl9dYKbg1-DzITZhrOMNo19jb-QVZuNnaqiAKOKo--ly6yqsUK0xbVItfK3Pr02vea-p8BmwuzDM8T2xq7I8My30TbTftV11ljYvdq52sHhc-Is5wrtIO0_7YPuDu968B_2o_cy_gr-uv8c

this is with considering a shield. i see you have a shield on your front page gear post and picking up a bunch of inc defenses with shield would vastly boost your evasion rating. the last nodes to spec would be the shield nodes near ranger start, giving you 80% inc shield defenses and 4% block. feel free to invest that into life instead if you want.

the life is the same, the damage is basically the same. you almost keep your flasks up 100% of the time anyway with the video i watched, so why not take advantage of that a little bit more?

again you'd lose 40% dodge and 30% spell dodge (still able to maintain approx 50/33 with vaal grace/darkray) but you gain upwards of 60% block and 49% spell block. very very fair trade if you ask me.
Last edited by xMustard on Feb 19, 2016, 12:42:27 PM
Presumably the Raider ascendancy class would be ideal for this build?

With the additional lightning penetration on the right side of the tree now I wonder if its possible to avoid traversing all the way over to the templar side of the tree.
"
dangasaur wrote:
Presumably the Raider ascendancy class would be ideal for this build?

With the additional lightning penetration on the right side of the tree now I wonder if its possible to avoid traversing all the way over to the templar side of the tree.

actually in my rendition of this build, this is exactly what i did. raider is DEFINITELY the best.

this is my lvl 90 tree and gear. i run a permanent cast on melee kill setup for fast map clear.

Gear

as you can see i spec out some flask nodes and have a really nice flask belt in order to have massive flask effect plus 3 uses per flask. 100% uptime unless its high HP bosses, but still 3 uses gives you a lot more leeway.

come ascendancy i will probably come close to doubling my damage. right now i have 56k tooltip cyclone DPS and 6k shock nova with charges/flasks. i will most likely grab up the new elemental notable passive that gives you 40% more elemental damage buff if you're crit in the last 8 seconds. as well i'll probably replace inc aoe for the new elemental damage gem. my aoe is almost the entire screen already so i can probably sac it. with conc effect the aoe is too low on shock nova, but dps is 90k and shock nova is 9700
cyclone/shock nova doesn't need to shock since we use vinktar's flask.
those additions plus the added pen and the +53% attack damage/+48% atk spd/+22% movement speed from raider alone (with 11 frenzy charges) will be enough to skyrocket my damage.

i do really like having cast on melee kill shock nova, but since raider only adds attack damage (doesn't affect shock nova at all) i MAY consider just running full out cyclone. we'll see.
@xMustard
I agree that raider is the best for this build, though trickster comes in close second especially since its stats scale better for CoMK. I have a very similar build planned for ascendancy (2.2 tree) :
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIA5DsXJnqE0K1B0GuQEvGbjQgu7YMZjgBe0359df6673r2oxUgLYMZtL6nZU29Nkd-hNnuDqOKI_aNfU2SMHxRR42_BbXC7LTFYqxsjJ2qNj0byOOEDkhd8ioLcFKJ04w2VUth4iaVFr8Rln_GkydsCyL0bRkI9MBUakOX9FJTPV-XlUyzBAcfAjbF2CRWSIPbVcY6WAzypcvP3fGKPs-95jfU7T9qk0z_QzHDM1oa2sF07QUteu8uU9Nv3vikeMHV1CMwcd2oS3g6QkQNyPAs6YazBx6VLvDVSVGTla0zGde-iqEvRX4OXGr6Tioj028nmmrQH-_r

I plan on going with Mathil's first suggested Hyaon's + Soul Taker to deal with mana cost since leech from Vinktars can no longer be relied upon for mana. In the tree, I have two uncertainties:
1)Do I go with assassination over elemental focus to maximise elemental overload? Maybe ice golem + jewelry is enough to get procs
2)Is it worth going down to force of nature for additional elemental pen? I'm already planning on running lightning pen+static blows AND conductivity so the resistance pen will often be overkill... still its avg 10% WED/1.5 ele pen per point, which is nothing to scoff at (though probably never worth when running perma-CoMK).

This build is definitely going to perform well though with its 40% more dmg that can be obtained pretty reliably from elemental overload. I'm still unsure about the new gem that removes status effects though. With Conductivity+occasional crits we can shock rather often. I guess it depends on how its levels scale it as well as what quality does. It will probably find its way in a 6l for pure cyclone if not in the CoMK gem setup.
BTW food for thought: You hit max dodge with ->20% from darkrays (10charges), 40% from accrobatics, and one Quartz flask with the 30% flask effectiveness from the tree+25% flask effectiveness from the new utility flask affix that will be available. Total is exactly 75.5%, which I thought was pretty cool.
hmm. yeah i might drop acrobatics then because its easy enough to run vaal grace to grab up dodge chance. that way you can keep block from rumi's if you run it as a flask (which i do).

ya quartz flask is pretty sick. im looking forward to it. the nerf to vinktar's really really hurts this build though, but at least you can still get shock so elemental focus gem shouldn't be a problem using. i know i'll be using it

mana shouldn't be an issue with just that one mana leech node in duelist area, but life leech will need to be picked up or vaal pact, or both

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info