StrangeCloud's [2.02] Sustainable Perpetual Auto Caster

I'm progressing nicely atm, from scratch i made it to lvl 63 atm leveling with tabula and incinerate(low Life, but it's doable)
Have all the jewels and rings needed and chest with 750+ ES (and helmet, just need to remove the crafted Life for more es) lacking boots and shield and decent rings only atm =D (Bought a voidbringer yesterday)

For those interested :P

Sorry for OT!

"
StrangeCloud wrote:

We also can not go below 0.25second as CWDT has a internal cooldown of 0.25 <-- this is the theoretical max damage out put you can achieve if you can somehow find a way to out regen the damage/sec done to yourself.

BTW, if my match isn't totally wrong. Your yourself are going for 20sec*2%*60%duration(less duration gem) (20*0,02*0,6=0,24 sec duration) 0,24sec duration. You said we couldn't go below 0,25 ;)?

I would say that we can't go below the amount of damage required for the current lvl of CwDT gem/0,25sec, because that wouldn't increase the dps. Now THAT's a whole other math :P

So in your case with lvl 16 CwDT it would be 2394*4(0,25sec cd so 4 cast/sec) = 9576 damage/sec! Not that you would be able to regen that :P
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
Last edited by alfaPOWA on Sep 17, 2015, 5:33:36 AM
How would Doryani's Fist work out in this build? I understand you're missing out on a lot of crit, but I imagine the flat damage increase would be a huge boon considering how many times you are hitting enemies per tick.
"
alfaPOWA wrote:
I'm progressing nicely atm, from scratch i made it to lvl 63 atm leveling with tabula and incinerate(low Life, but it's doable)
Have all the jewels and rings needed and chest with 750+ ES (and helmet, just need to remove the crafted Life for more es) lacking boots and shield and decent rings only atm =D (Bought a voidbringer yesterday)

For those interested :P

Sorry for OT!

"
StrangeCloud wrote:

We also can not go below 0.25second as CWDT has a internal cooldown of 0.25 <-- this is the theoretical max damage out put you can achieve if you can somehow find a way to out regen the damage/sec done to yourself.

BTW, if my match isn't totally wrong. Your yourself are going for 20sec*2%*60%duration(less duration gem) (20*0,02*0,6=0,24 sec duration) 0,24sec duration. You said we couldn't go below 0,25 ;)?

I would say that we can't go below the amount of damage required for the current lvl of CwDT gem/0,25sec, because that wouldn't increase the dps. Now THAT's a whole other math :P

So in your case with lvl 16 CwDT it would be 2394*4(0,25sec cd so 4 cast/sec) = 9576 damage/sec! Not that you would be able to regen that :P

sorry the reduce duration shouldnt be in there, I was messing around with it and didnt notice i havent taken it off when I made the build will fix soon.
I'm trying to make this concept work to support a perpetual level 19 SRS working off a level 17 CWDT.

In considering the mechanics, any inc duration from tree (.9 total) directly works against army of bones, immediately hindering the Loop. This would need 9 jewel slots to offset, which makes it impractical with skeletons and SRS with duration. Without duration, you'd max at 6, 7 spirits depending on cast speed (sp. echo cannot function with CWDT). With duration, you can manage 13 spirits with decent cast speed, but you lose using skeletons as the core mechanic for the clock.

One might be able to counter this with two CWDT SRS (L2 cwdt, L11 SRS), making it so that with each 2xSRS that expire, 2 level 11 SRS are cast. Every 4.5 times, roughly, so 5 x that this happens, you could link L19 SRS with a L17 CWDT. This adds 1 more SRS to the mix, one that is actually supported to do any amount of considerable damage. When this one expires, in about 6 seconds, it will add to the damage inflow, speeding up the process slightly.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this interesting mechanic to see if it is possible to utilize it with a level 19 SRS in a way to have maximum SRS up at all times without spiraling exponentially out of control. I don't think there is enough efficiency on the surface to make this work.

If anyone is good with the mechanics and math of this, any insight?
Btw, isn't "x-x Cold/fire/Lightning damage added to spells" mod on gear counterproductive?
The Cold damage you add on the dagger for all your spells will reduce the damage you make for ALL Cold spells, since the mobs will Always have +25% resistance against Cold.

The worst Point would be if you manage to add all elements to spells.. then elemental equilibrium would actually reduce all your damage done :P

My opinion is that you shoulnd't have ANY added flat elemental damage to spells when using EE, since this hinders your damage when using multiple elements. If you had one "free" spell element, then you could add that specific element as flat damage and make full use of EE however. That would be beneficial!
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
Would you mind adding a 'Leveling' section for getting to 80~ so we can actually utilize the build?
"
caitymarie wrote:
Would you mind adding a 'Leveling' section for getting to 80~ so we can actually utilize the build?

Just follow it as it is, level up with Incinerate, tabula and some -7/-8 elreon jewelry.

Amazing build, StrangeCloud. You just inspired me to make a CwS build :D
gonna make it on 1ml its tried it life based on std. its pretty hard to sustain since u need alot of regeneration.
(Location):PH
Duelist is kylo ren -_-
I have question regarding that self inflected damage taken by HeartBound Loop

says 700 phy dmg from a pair of Skeletons
which modified by the unique jewel FragileBloom(X7)
so 700 X 1.7 = 1190

which further modified by Maligario's restraint(for self-shock)
so 1190 X 1.5 = 1785 for total self inflected dmg

but a Lv16 CWDT gem has 2394 damage threshold

So how do you trigger your spells?? and what's wrong with my math???
Last edited by ibecomesonumb on Oct 3, 2015, 11:02:59 AM
"
ibecomesonumb wrote:
I have question regarding that self inflected damage taken by HeartBound Loop

says 700 phy dmg from a pair of Skeletons
which modified by the unique jewel FragileBloom(X7)
so 700 X 1.7 = 1190

which further modified by Maligario's restraint(for self-shock)
so 1190 X 1.5 = 1785 for total self inflected dmg

but a Lv16 CWDT gem has 2394 damage threshold

So how do you trigger your spells?? and what's wrong with my math???

he is casting his spells every two loops of the skeletons summoning.... so 1785 X2 = 3550~
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info