StrangeCloud's [2.02] Sustainable Perpetual Auto Caster

Ever since I got a molten shell heartbound loop to work, I've been waiting for someone to make a heartbound loop build. You exceeded my expectations, and I am quite impressed by this build.

Question though, how's the viability in 79+, esp versus bosses?
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Beautiful build, love the concept and the execution is probably the best I've ever seen in an unorthodox setup.

+1
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
Have you considered using dodre's elixir to start your combo?
Impressing, good job ! And your gems are only level 16, so definitely a lot of potential damage-wise.
D2 4ever ;)
Since 2011
VERY Very Nice Mechanic, but i think its effectiveness is too low. Try to boost less Spells to higher DPS. Clearspeed could be faster. Anyway nice Job!
Tornado-Shot is dead, seriously!
i am sad they removed cannabilistic habits, could have done some seriously interesting things with DD and desecrate, damage AND sustain.

i had an idea, coudlnt u use this to have unlimited SRS, and if u use elemental auras u could probably have 50 srs up at all time
Last edited by maoster on Aug 20, 2015, 8:48:37 AM
Hey. Really interesting build, good job.

I remade it on standard with gear I had lying around.

Gear:
Spoiler

How did you get 3k regen? I have about 2k but am missing one 2% regen jewel because it's a witch.
I can sustain just about, but I've used a 17% duration Army jewel instead of 18%, so it's 0.6 duration instead of 0.4.
Sometimes it turns itself off randomly and I can't work out why.

Any advice is appreciated. Gear/tree is on my account > characters, character name "OosBlue".
Thanks.

edit: with 10.7k es
edit2: it seems to stop the cycle when the skellies die too fast from other damage and don't proc a cwdt because of cooldown.

edit3: there's also a problem where sometimes I will spawn double skeletons, 4 at a time and take x2 damage:
http://gfycat.com/WildChillyHoneybee
IGN: @Oos
Last edited by Oos on Aug 20, 2015, 12:49:41 PM
Could it be possible that use 2 sets of cwdt-summon skeleton on 2 weapon set and killing them by switching the weapons to do similar loop effect?

I wanted to test it but the game crashs every i do the weapon switch... dont know if that is 2.0.2b problem or something that never been tried before.
Last edited by BanawA on Aug 20, 2015, 1:13:16 PM
Just some random thoughts, because the whole Heartbound Loop + minions + cwdt opens up many different options.

Minion instability?

Animate Guardian/Weapon?

Vaal Molten Shell?

SRS? Would it be possible to have say 5 instances of CWDT linked to SRS to reach the cap of 50? (While managing the incoming damage of all the dying SRS). I had a quick test and I'm having trouble reaching high amounts of SRS, but if you take too much damage it could snowball exponentially and too many could be summoned making you explode -> 2 SRS die, spawn 3, 3 die -> spawn 5, etc.)

Last edited by Anvesi on Aug 20, 2015, 1:00:45 PM
Can you go low life with this and be fine? I have 5L shavs in warbands and I'm thinking of builds to use it for.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info