StrangeCloud's [2.02] Sustainable Perpetual Auto Caster

Could it be possible that use 2 sets of cwdt-summon skeleton on 2 weapon set and killing them by switching the weapons to do similar loop effect?

I wanted to test it but the game crashs every i do the weapon switch... dont know if that is 2.0.2b problem or something that never been tried before.
Last edited by BanawA on Aug 20, 2015, 5:13:16 PM
Just some random thoughts, because the whole Heartbound Loop + minions + cwdt opens up many different options.


Minion instability?

Animate Guardian/Weapon?

Vaal Molten Shell?

SRS? Would it be possible to have say 5 instances of CWDT linked to SRS to reach the cap of 50? (While managing the incoming damage of all the dying SRS). I had a quick test and I'm having trouble reaching high amounts of SRS, but if you take too much damage it could snowball exponentially and too many could be summoned making you explode -> 2 SRS die, spawn 3, 3 die -> spawn 5, etc.)



Last edited by Anvesi on Aug 20, 2015, 5:00:45 PM
Can you go low life with this and be fine? I have 5L shavs in warbands and I'm thinking of builds to use it for.
"
Anvesi wrote:
Just some random thoughts, because the whole Heartbound Loop + minions + cwdt opens up many different options.


Minion instability?

Animate Guardian/Weapon?

Vaal Molten Shell?

SRS? Would it be possible to have say 5 instances of CWDT linked to SRS to reach the cap of 50? (While managing the incoming damage of all the dying SRS). I had a quick test and I'm having trouble reaching high amounts of SRS, but if you take too much damage it could snowball exponentially and too many could be summoned making you explode -> 2 SRS die, spawn 3, 3 die -> spawn 5, etc.)




Fron my napkin math, cwdt has .25 cd, u need yo summon 50 in the duration of 1srs so assuming a 3.5second duration u need 3 loops or so, u need to make it so when 3 srs die, it procs 1 cast of each cwdt, any more and it will exponentially go until u die, any less and it wont sustain. But if you make it work, you can effectively snapshot to charge up to 50 then pop as many auras as you can and yolo with ur cloud of death.

Basically you want the loops to exactly sustain based on ur srs duration, then u can speed up the loops with a self cast srs with the loop capped rotation speed at 0.25seconds. This is importany because if ur srs get killed before expiring they wont come back if you are right on the loop speed cap of .25

For pack clear arc double nova glacial in low link items and gmp chain fireball ice spear arctic breathe in 6link is prolly best. Single u take out ice spear and gmp for slower proj and conc effect i think
"
maoster wrote:
"
Anvesi wrote:
Just some random thoughts, because the whole Heartbound Loop + minions + cwdt opens up many different options.


Minion instability?

Animate Guardian/Weapon?

Vaal Molten Shell?

SRS? Would it be possible to have say 5 instances of CWDT linked to SRS to reach the cap of 50? (While managing the incoming damage of all the dying SRS). I had a quick test and I'm having trouble reaching high amounts of SRS, but if you take too much damage it could snowball exponentially and too many could be summoned making you explode -> 2 SRS die, spawn 3, 3 die -> spawn 5, etc.)




Fron my napkin math, cwdt has .25 cd, u need yo summon 50 in the duration of 1srs so assuming a 3.5second duration u need 3 loops or so, u need to make it so when 3 srs die, it procs 1 cast of each cwdt, any more and it will exponentially go until u die, any less and it wont sustain. But if you make it work, you can effectively snapshot to charge up to 50 then pop as many auras as you can and yolo with ur cloud of death.

Basically you want the loops to exactly sustain based on ur srs duration, then u can speed up the loops with a self cast srs with the loop capped rotation speed at 0.25seconds. This is importany because if ur srs get killed before expiring they wont come back if you are right on the loop speed cap of .25

For pack clear arc double nova glacial in low link items and gmp chain fireball ice spear arctic breathe in 6link is prolly best. Single u take out ice spear and gmp for slower proj and conc effect i think

I think youre pretty far off. First of all, you can have multiple CWDT links setup. Im not sure if those can still all proc at the same time (since they're not the same) but that would al;ready give you say 4x SRS from one CWDT. Second is that you're not only going for loops. If you start the combo by casting SRS manually, you cast 2 in say 1 second, then you cast another 2 1 second later, if you keep casting you will take a steady flow of damage triggering the CWDT not on the "once per 4.5 second" mark
"
Anvesi wrote:
"
maoster wrote:
"
Anvesi wrote:
Just some random thoughts, because the whole Heartbound Loop + minions + cwdt opens up many different options.


Minion instability?

Animate Guardian/Weapon?

Vaal Molten Shell?

SRS? Would it be possible to have say 5 instances of CWDT linked to SRS to reach the cap of 50? (While managing the incoming damage of all the dying SRS). I had a quick test and I'm having trouble reaching high amounts of SRS, but if you take too much damage it could snowball exponentially and too many could be summoned making you explode -> 2 SRS die, spawn 3, 3 die -> spawn 5, etc.)




Fron my napkin math, cwdt has .25 cd, u need yo summon 50 in the duration of 1srs so assuming a 3.5second duration u need 3 loops or so, u need to make it so when 3 srs die, it procs 1 cast of each cwdt, any more and it will exponentially go until u die, any less and it wont sustain. But if you make it work, you can effectively snapshot to charge up to 50 then pop as many auras as you can and yolo with ur cloud of death.

Basically you want the loops to exactly sustain based on ur srs duration, then u can speed up the loops with a self cast srs with the loop capped rotation speed at 0.25seconds. This is importany because if ur srs get killed before expiring they wont come back if you are right on the loop speed cap of .25

For pack clear arc double nova glacial in low link items and gmp chain fireball ice spear arctic breathe in 6link is prolly best. Single u take out ice spear and gmp for slower proj and conc effect i think

I think youre pretty far off. First of all, you can have multiple CWDT links setup. Im not sure if those can still all proc at the same time (since they're not the same) but that would al;ready give you say 4x SRS from one CWDT. Second is that you're not only going for loops. If you start the combo by casting SRS manually, you cast 2 in say 1 second, then you cast another 2 1 second later, if you keep casting you will take a steady flow of damage triggering the CWDT not on the "once per 4.5 second" mark


Here is what i meant, you can proc each cwdt every .25 seconds, if u have 3 loops that meand u can proc a max of 12 casts per second. At 3.5 second duration u get 42 srs up at all times. However 3 srs die at the same time, so u need 3 srs to proc only 1 cast. To start the loops u just cast until u are fully charged, however if you dont base your numbers off the 0.25 cap, it will cycle until it hits that anyway and u die from the dmg
"
maoster wrote:

Here is what i meant, you can proc each cwdt every .25 seconds, if u have 3 loops that meand u can proc a max of 12 casts per second. At 3.5 second duration u get 42 srs up at all times. However 3 srs die at the same time, so u need 3 srs to proc only 1 cast. To start the loops u just cast until u are fully charged, however if you dont base your numbers off the 0.25 cap, it will cycle until it hits that anyway and u die from the dmg

We'd need some math to see if SRS Summons with a 0.25 cap would kill you of or if it's sustainable in any way or form. I think 40+ SRS with some minion damage nodes (which can easily be taken with this build / 8 passives) would destroy anything in its path. Get flesh offering in there and you're a walking afk monster.
Last edited by Anvesi on Aug 21, 2015, 2:31:51 AM
"
Anvesi wrote:
"
maoster wrote:

Here is what i meant, you can proc each cwdt every .25 seconds, if u have 3 loops that meand u can proc a max of 12 casts per second. At 3.5 second duration u get 42 srs up at all times. However 3 srs die at the same time, so u need 3 srs to proc only 1 cast. To start the loops u just cast until u are fully charged, however if you dont base your numbers off the 0.25 cap, it will cycle until it hits that anyway and u die from the dmg

We'd need some math to see if SRS Summons with a 0.25 cap would kill you of or if it's sustainable in any way or form. I think 40+ SRS with some minion damage nodes (which can easily be taken with this build / 8 passives) would destroy anything in its path. Get flesh offering in there and you're a walking afk monster.



Well lets see, 3loops so 42 is the cap. That meand u take 3*350*4 per second or 1800 or so dmg. I dont think thats enough to proc high lvl cwdt. OP was gwtting 3k regen. If u have 6 fragile blooms u take 60% more damage so almost 3k, 3k per second befor mitigation, is that even enough tp sustain a high lvl loop?

i think it depends on how srs works once u hit 50, id u cant summon more, run 4 loops, if u can and they overlap amd count as deaths 4loops is suicide
"
maoster wrote:
i am sad they removed cannabilistic habits, could have done some seriously interesting things with DD and desecrate, damage AND sustain.

i had an idea, coudlnt u use this to have unlimited SRS, and if u use elemental auras u could probably have 50 srs up at all time


I did test this out with SRS however the number of SRS you can have out is still limited to how fast you can cast and the duration of the SRS.

Also if you get 50 Srs out at a time, your going to die since you take a lot damage everytime one of them die, and they will die all too fast for you to out regen it.
"
Oos wrote:
Hey. Really interesting build, good job.

I remade it on standard with gear I had lying around.

Gear:
Spoiler


How did you get 3k regen? I have about 2k but am missing one 2% regen jewel because it's a witch.
I can sustain just about, but I've used a 17% duration Army jewel instead of 18%, so it's 0.6 duration instead of 0.4.
Sometimes it turns itself off randomly and I can't work out why.

Any advice is appreciated. Gear/tree is on my account > characters, character name "OosBlue".
Thanks.

edit: with 10.7k es
edit2: it seems to stop the cycle when the skellies die too fast from other damage and don't proc a cwdt because of cooldown.

edit3: there's also a problem where sometimes I will spawn double skeletons, 4 at a time and take x2 damage:
http://gfycat.com/WildChillyHoneybee


the reason you sometime have 4 skeletons out at a time is because you extended your skeleton duration to be equal or greater then 500ms. Your CWDT has a 250ms cooldown and you must be taking additional damage from monster which could cause you to proc another set of skeletons before the first set dies.

As for the reason your regen is lower, you might have to get a higher ES pool.
Last edited by StrangeCloud on Aug 21, 2015, 6:28:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info