[2.0] Boxsalesman SpinToWin Cyclone - Easy to gear - Does ANY map mod

not sure what boxsalesman does but for hard reflect maps i switch out melee phys for life on hit, for easy ones i switch out for item quantity or added fire depending on if its phys ref or ele ref

ele ref maps i remove my lvl 20 molten shell especially when its an - max res map as it can go off in big packs and rape u even with life leech attached and 7.5k life

rare reflect mobs are no danger

double reflect maps use life on hit to cyclone and just make sure your 7 end charges and fortify are always up

no regen/half regen are fine i remove blood rage for no regen and half regen i change nothing unless its a super hard map i swap out melee phys for life on hit then for the boss use conc effect to make up for the dps loss

17-18k dps running life on hit is plenty for single player maps and makes you incredibly tanky
Hey guys! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this kind of build. I had a simular ideas as yours relative to passive tree, so I decided to give it a try.

I want to discuss some of tree aspects as well as skill combos.
Spoiler

This skill point looks very efficient for 1 point and could be picked at the very start of game, why dont author of guide take it?

Spoiler

I also dont understand why this cluster wich gives a HUGE dps boost is skipped.

Spoiler

If you guys can give me some insight on this node that would be great. I dont really understand the leeching mechanics in this game. Boxsalesman picks "left side" of node with 2 skills, some other guys picks "right side". Non of you pick all skills in this cluster.

Spoiler

This node contains +72% icreased armor as well as nice +4%ele resist and 4%additinad damage reduction. Have you considered picking it? If not why is that? I noticed you are not so hyped about %armor increase overall in your builds, can't understand it.

And finally some of my ideas on skillgems, maybe you guys tryed this already and know does it worth it or not:

Vengeance-(Life Leech/Life Gain on Hit)-Curse on Hit-Enfeeble

Vengeance-(Life Leech/Life Gain on Hit)-Curse on Hit-Warlord's Mark

Vengeance-(Life Leech/Life Gain on Hit)-Endurance Charge on Melee Stun-Stun

Cant figure out how to test wich is better LGOH or LL with Vengeance, maybe it is worh adding to Cyclone also icreasing your survival chances on HC?

My last character in Tempset died with this build on Library map boss unfortunately, cant figure out why exactly, possibly because one of bosses got chaos attack there and I got -60 res. He was doing GREAT overall in other maps and during leveling process so I will give it some more attempts. Here is video of RIP https://youtu.be/EOvyQFztV5c?t=506 :)
Last edited by oldhasu on Sep 9, 2015, 7:39:10 AM
If your using 3 mana reserve skills like you mention in the build. How can you cast immortal call without blood magic on it?

I have my gems set up somewhat like yours but never seen it proc with cast on dmg taken.
¨
Also sry if this subject has come up a thousand times =)
Last edited by Bjorven on Sep 10, 2015, 7:20:55 AM
"
Bjorven wrote:
If your using 3 mana reserve skills like you mention in the build. How can you cast immortal call without blood magic on it?

I have my gems set up somewhat like yours but never seen it proc with cast on dmg taken.
¨
Also sry if this subject has come up a thousand times =)

Skills casted with CWDT don't require mana. It could be that the level of the skills you have linked with CWDT is higher than the CWDT gem itself. Read CWDT gem as it has a limit on what levels of skill gems it can proc.
Hmm...

Newbie question: how do you level up? Flame Totem? Hahaha!

Anyway, your guides are awesome! My first char is a Scion that I built from scratch and she's now at level 80 doing low level maps - I'm proud of her because I made a consistent passive tree without almost any help; but I made a lot of mistakes, the biggest was trying to make her dual wield without having currency to get very good items. Then I started following your guides and built an SRS Witch; she's now at 84, doing easily 75+ maps, even missing a lot of life/es. Now I'm trying your Marauder. ;)

Thank you and keep up the good work friend! :)
Last edited by delicio on Sep 18, 2015, 9:18:48 AM
Nice :-) I'll probably try this out in the 1 month. Doing SC for the first time probably so I might grab some extra offensive nodes.

Love your vids etc.

E:Your guide and LiftingNerd's differ abit, which one would you go for in SC? Want Deeps
Last edited by believers on Sep 24, 2015, 5:59:34 AM
Thank you for this guide!!!

I am early into this build (this is my second character overall I am trying).

What is the recommendation to handle the dexterity requirements on cyclone and blood rage? I am level 19 and only have 14 dex and I think I am going to have a dex issue if I want to use those skills since I only see 1 ten point Dex node being taken in the tree.

Do I have to search out leveling gear that has dex as a stat?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
"
oldhasu wrote:
Hey guys! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this kind of build. I had a simular ideas as yours relative to passive tree, so I decided to give it a try.

I want to discuss some of tree aspects as well as skill combos.
Spoiler

This skill point looks very efficient for 1 point and could be picked at the very start of game, why dont author of guide take it?

Spoiler

I also dont understand why this cluster wich gives a HUGE dps boost is skipped.

Spoiler

If you guys can give me some insight on this node that would be great. I dont really understand the leeching mechanics in this game. Boxsalesman picks "left side" of node with 2 skills, some other guys picks "right side". Non of you pick all skills in this cluster.

Spoiler

This node contains +72% icreased armor as well as nice +4%ele resist and 4%additinad damage reduction. Have you considered picking it? If not why is that? I noticed you are not so hyped about %armor increase overall in your builds, can't understand it.

Generally answer, all of them can work, but what would you drop to get them? There're enough good nodes for a level 120-130 build that you'll pass by going for what you absolutely need, you can't take all of them, and if you look at enough cyclone build guides you'll see that someone else has taken all of them to drop other things. As for the life leech cluster, the right side increases your maximum amount of possible leach/second. The left side your max leach/hit. Since cyclone hits really fast, you get to the cap right away; so I think the right is the better choice.

"
oldhasu wrote:

And finally some of my ideas on skillgems, maybe you guys tryed this already and know does it worth it or not:

Vengeance-(Life Leech/Life Gain on Hit)-Curse on Hit-Enfeeble

Vengeance-(Life Leech/Life Gain on Hit)-Curse on Hit-Warlord's Mark

Vengeance-(Life Leech/Life Gain on Hit)-Endurance Charge on Melee Stun-Stun

Cant figure out how to test wich is better LGOH or LL with Vengeance, maybe it is worh adding to Cyclone also icreasing your survival chances on HC?

My last character in Tempset died with this build on Library map boss unfortunately, cant figure out why exactly, possibly because one of bosses got chaos attack there and I got -60 res. He was doing GREAT overall in other maps and during leveling process so I will give it some more attempts. Here is video of RIP https://youtu.be/EOvyQFztV5c?t=506 :)

If you've got leech on the tree, you'll generally be maxed out on your leech rate. LGOH isn't leech and doesn't fall under the cap, so you definitely want it over LL on vengeance. Vengeance isn't a hard hitting skill; it only does about 60% as much damage/hit even as leapslam. Even with stun supporting, you'd only have about the same chance to proc stuns but will have spent 2 gem slots to get it vs 1 tacking it onto leap slam. Also I'm lvl79 with a 400 pDPS axe, and don't always get an endurance charge from blue packs in low level maps. With more hit points in higher maps, I suspect you'd only get them from white mobs; which is probably why a lot of other builds either run a selfcast EC or leapslam + ECMS in a 5L.

LGOH is linked to cyclone in a lot of builds; if your DPS is good enough or you're HC and paranoid go for it.

I don't recall seeing CoH linked with vengeance on any of the builds I looked at; but it's something I've been thinking about trying because linking to a high level CWDT means it doesn't proc very often. OTOH CoH means you don't have any AOE on your curses, and vengeance is a short range skill; so you'd only be cursing enemies you're on top of, not ranged ones hammering you from a distance.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
Summoner wrote:
I don't recall seeing CoH linked with vengeance on any of the builds I looked at; but it's something I've been thinking about trying because linking to a high level CWDT means it doesn't proc very often. OTOH CoH means you don't have any AOE on your curses, and vengeance is a short range skill; so you'd only be cursing enemies you're on top of, not ranged ones hammering you from a distance.

And there was a reason no one else did it. It sucks, it wasn't any better at cursing than a high level CWDT. In low/moderate threat levels only a small fraction of mobs were affected. Zana's seawitch beyond map probably had more reliable cursing, but in the madness of that in a 6 person party there was no way to tell.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
Passive tree is like 99% the same as Etup's cyloner from tempest league

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info