[2.0] Boxsalesman SpinToWin Cyclone - Easy to gear - Does ANY map mod

Guide link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cseb7QW5K7U

Double unique torture chamber video

Double unique fracture jungle valley video

At the end of the video you can see the build in action in a lvl 76 no life regen/double unique map, I do map boss guides on my channel and any 71 or higher map guide is done with this character.

This is a build that can do any map mod, no regen, blood magic, double reflect... It's all possible because of the combo of high health/armour and high leech and life regen values.

The build is very easy to play as apart from the main damage attack, cyclone, it only uses 3 other skills, one is usually only cast once at the beginning of the map, there is also no unique item requirements so you can just slap on whatever rares that can get you to resist cap and give you some life/armour.

SKILL TREE LVL 92
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lvl 92 skill tree

Leveling routes is the first thing covered in the video.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BANDITS
Oak - normal
Kraityn - Cruel
Oak or Kraityn - Merciless ( either frenzy charge for more damage or endurance charge for more survival, personal choice )

GEAR USED IN VIDEO

A bleed removal flask is the only real absolute requirement here, corrupting blood will destroy you without this. After that you just look for a high dps axe, and resist/armour/life on gear, life leech helps but is NOT needed as we alraedy have some in the tree and from blood rage.

SKILLS/LINKS USED

6L~ Cyclone-Blood Magic-Melee Physical Damage-Fortify-Added Fire-Weapon Elemental Damage
Swap weapon elemental damage for life gain on hit on ele reflect maps

4L~ Leap Slam-Faster Attacks-Endurance Charge On Melee Stun-Blood Magic

2L~ Lvl 1 Cast When Damage Taken-Max Lvl 5 Enfeeble

2L~ Vengeance-Life Gain On Hit

3L~ Lvl 20 Cast When Damage Taken-Immortal Call-Summon Flame Golem
Immortal call has to be replaced with something else on ele weakness maps unless your resists are still capped without endurance charges. Summon flame golem can be summon chaos golem if you want extra survivability.

4L~ Enduring Cry-Blood Rage-Increased Duration-Blood Magic

Now you should have 3 free sockets at random places where you can throw in the aura's.

Herald Of Ash - Hatred - Arctic Armour

IGN : boxxboxx ( Domination )
http://www.youtube.com/user/Boxsalesman?feature=mhee

Last edited by magier556 on Aug 14, 2015, 5:34:06 AM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2016, 7:31:19 PM
nice build, im using something similar. a friend told me faster attacks is better than weapon elemental damage though...now im not sure what i should use for the 6th socket :/

Last edited by Koksii on Aug 12, 2015, 5:45:50 PM
Bump for great justice! Starting this build now, I only expect awesomeness from BoxSalesMan :D

Thanks for sharing Box, love it!
"
Koksii wrote:
nice build, im using something similar. a friend told me faster attacks is better than weapon elemental damage though...now im not sure what i should use for the 6th socket :/

Faster attacks is an additive multiplier over all the damage, while weapon elemental damage is a more multiplier over only the elemental damage.

Let's compare a faster attacks lvl 20 20% quality vs a 0% quality lvl 20 weapon ele damage at my personal gear levels.

Faster attacks lvl 20 20% brings my attack speed from 2.26 to 2.86 ( tested in game by slotting the gem )

This is a 26.55% more multiplier over all the damage. ( Going from 2.26 to 2.86 )

http://i.imgur.com/F6VAtQ1.png ( for ele dmg vs phys dmg )

Weapon elemental damage is a 59% more multiplier over.

582-934 cold damage
943-1513 fire damage
1434-2301 physical damage

(584+843+934+1513)/2 = average ele dmg = 1937
(1434+2301)/2 = average phys dmg = 1867.5 phys dmg

total percentage of damage from elemental = 1937/(1867.5+1937) = 50.9%

So this 59% more multiplier gets 50.9% effectiveness resulting in a 30% more multiplier compared to the 26.55% from faster attacks.

Keep in mind that this calculation didn't even account for the quality on weapon ele damage as that's harder to calculate, so that should also add another percent in favour of weapon ele damage.

The build looks really fun in action, thanks for sharing! Do you have any particular advice for playing it in Tempest, other than using Chaos Golem instead of Flame and perhaps doing Oak on Merciless?

As a habitual player of squishy characters, leveling a Marauder who stacks early health and life regen feels very fun and very strange. I wonder when enemies start doing enough damage to compete with all that life regen.
"
Ladamar wrote:
The build looks really fun in action, thanks for sharing! Do you have any particular advice for playing it in Tempest, other than using Chaos Golem instead of Flame and perhaps doing Oak on Merciless?

As a habitual player of squishy characters, leveling a Marauder who stacks early health and life regen feels very fun and very strange. I wonder when enemies start doing enough damage to compete with all that life regen.

Upgrade your flasks, if you have heavy regen at first you forget to upgrade your flasks, then suddenly you're stuck in a situation where you really need them and you still got 80 life flasks. Get them BEFORE you start needing them, and have atleast one instant health recovery pot and a remove bleed flask very early for corrupted blood.

And learn to be extra careful of bloodline/nemesis, I haven't actually died yet in maps, but the few times I've gotten close it's to not paying attention to bloodlines or nemesis ( and that double unique - resist orchard boss I once tried, but that's something you'd never do in Tempest )

Last edited by magier556 on Aug 13, 2015, 7:50:52 AM
I am huge fan of your videos, follow them in D3 and here.
I am relatively new to POE and I would like your opinion on what to look for in an end game weapon? That is always one aspect of this game that eludes me. Tool tip DPS doesn't always (if ever) reflect true benefit of a weapon.
Anywho, maybe you could prioritize what mods we should look for.

Cheers and once again thank you for ALL of your videos.
Thanks for the build trying it now. Level 34 and crushing it.
"
IkeaMonkey wrote:
I am huge fan of your videos, follow them in D3 and here.
I am relatively new to POE and I would like your opinion on what to look for in an end game weapon? That is always one aspect of this game that eludes me. Tool tip DPS doesn't always (if ever) reflect true benefit of a weapon.
Anywho, maybe you could prioritize what mods we should look for.

Cheers and once again thank you for ALL of your videos.

Take the physical damage numbers.

(Min damage + max damage)/2 , multiply this by attacks per second.

Elemental damage rolls can almost entirely be ignored.

Whatever has the highest result for the formula I listed, is the better weapon.

You can use poe.trade to search on physical dps if you want, it already does the calculation for you.

Copy this link if you want an example search for axes above 400 physical dps and under 10 chaos buyout => http://poe.trade/search/sinebonobohosi , adjust it for the price range you want.

Last edited by magier556 on Aug 13, 2015, 4:26:37 PM
bumpidoo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info