[2.1] petit's Witch Summoner Support / Carry IN-DEPTH STYGIAN REVENANTS Quad+ CURSE

Have you ever tried a 6L setup on Vis Mortis?

The DPS potential should be INSANE
I am res capped in an ele weakness map.

Should i just keep purity of elements at all times with generousity or should i get other aura?(which one?)

Also for 6L Curse setup is Ele Weakness/Conduc/Enfeeble/Temp Chains the right curse setup?
"
Duba wrote:

Should i just keep purity of elements at all times with generousity or should i get other aura?(which one?)

Also for 6L Curse setup is Ele Weakness/Conduc/Enfeeble/Temp Chains the right curse setup?

I have NEVER used purity of elements in 90 levels, and my pet never died.

I suggest wrath (on Generosity), one Purity ( so you can save on gear) and Disc
I'm mostly following this guide, and drawing advice from a couple other guides as well.

My primary question at this point is this: I'm using a tabula rasa because I can't afford a 5/6L shavs or 5/6L Sire of Shards right now. So let's assume I'm using Midnight Bargain. If I want to run more auras, I need to use Prism Guardian, but then I'm reserving a lot of life.

Should I drop the Midnight Bargain and run Prism Guardian? Does the extra ~2 auras I pick up make up for the loss of one spectre?

Or should I keep the Midnight Bargain, and continue running an allres shield with Necromantic Aegis like I'm doing right now, just to support my minions?

OR... should I run scrape together the currency for a 5L Vis Mortis, run Prism Guardian + something else in mainhand? (The -20% minion life on the Vis Mortis makes me very nervous??)
Last edited by SpidaFly on Jan 8, 2016, 12:59:15 AM
"
prospecial wrote:

unlocked it now, had no idea it was disabled by default ^^
so i can throw my haste aura out it seems and make for some resistances

i am rebuilding my char atm and throwing in a third curse

oh and btw, how good is chain really? right now i use controlled destruction as 5th link in my sire of shards

Gear looks good. Reason why I go Life ES is because you're gonna use so many uniques that don't have life. You won't hit 5k-6k life without +life on gear so yeah...

Chain is definitely worth it, Revs shoot 14 proj per burst with sire.

"
cloudscraper wrote:
Have you ever tried a 6L setup on Vis Mortis?

The DPS potential should be INSANE

Probably is yeah, but i didn't want to lose 500 ES just from my chest.

"
Duba wrote:

We're using the purity auras mainly to reduce the gear cost. It does help your Revs tank more of the elemental stuff tho ( Fire and Cold ). And yes, these are the correct curses.

"
SpidaFly wrote:
I'm mostly following this guide, and drawing advice from a couple other guides as well.

My primary question at this point is this: I'm using a tabula rasa because I can't afford a 5/6L shavs or 5/6L Sire of Shards right now. So let's assume I'm using Midnight Bargain. If I want to run more auras, I need to use Prism Guardian, but then I'm reserving a lot of life.

Should I drop the Midnight Bargain and run Prism Guardian? Does the extra ~2 auras I pick up make up for the loss of one spectre?

Or should I keep the Midnight Bargain, and continue running an allres shield with Necromantic Aegis like I'm doing right now, just to support my minions?

OR... should I run scrape together the currency for a 5L Vis Mortis, run Prism Guardian + something else in mainhand? (The -20% minion life on the Vis Mortis makes me very nervous??)

Sire of shards is really cheap right now, it shouldn't be long. 6L Tabula vs 4L Sire of shard --> I think they're pretty equal. You lose damage from using GMP / LMP and you don't with the Staff, therefore the 6th link on Tabula used for Damage gem is neutralized. And you get to use a Chest for whatever.

Only Wrath and Discipline are really useful for this build. Maybe Grace at the very least, but it takes 50% mana reserve. Resist can be fixed with gear. The rest are too underwhelming. You also get to have an ES shield without Prism Guardian.
1 Spectre > 2 Auras

If you want to sacrifice the potential ES from Rare Chest, sure go ahead and use Vis Mortis. I don't think the 20% reduced minion life is that big of a deal though.
Last edited by PetitCaca on Jan 8, 2016, 9:29:41 AM
Hey Petit,
currently level 90

this is my gear:

Spoiler

i'm having a little trouble surviving, recently.

And dieing at these levels starts getting really frustrating

What should I do? Just try to get the 6L and insert temporal chains in the curse setup?

EDIT: currently replaced ele weakness with TempChains, will report.

Petit, at what level are the x/20 gems starting to get such that we can remove the 3 points from the skill tree?
Last edited by cloudscraper on Jan 9, 2016, 8:16:57 AM
"
cloudscraper wrote:
Hey Petit,
currently level 90

this is my gear:

Spoiler

i'm having a little trouble surviving, recently.

And dieing at these levels starts getting really frustrating

What should I do? Just try to get the 6L and insert temporal chains in the curse setup?

EDIT: currently replaced ele weakness with TempChains, will report.

Petit, at what level are the x/20 gems starting to get such that we can remove the 3 points from the skill tree?

Gear is fine, play smarter and safer lol.

Temp chains alone is better than Enfeeble to me. But, I did play with both from the start and would still use it if I could only get 2 curses.

You wanna have 58% curse effectiveness ( gem Q, animate guardian, passives ) to hit Temporal chains and Enfeeble 75% cap. However, the resist auras will get something like -6 resist less than with the curse nodes. If you rather have 3 points into ES, life or Jewel you can do it.
Hi, I'm currently rolling this build to the great success in hc tali. My starting gear investments amounted to literally 5c flat currency plus small crafting expenses on my side, so all I have are 4-linked pieces BUT I don't feel at all inferior to 6-linked rangers or bladefallers, for example. It's a perfect choice for a starting character or for coming-out-of-costly-RIP-one.

I have several questions though:
What part do extra projectiles play in the overall dps of revenants? Suppose, I go shavs-double midnight instead of the sire staff, which should give me an extra aura and 5 specters total. How does that compare to free GMP bonus from the staff?

Also, I've skipped Hex master and Skittering runes clusters so far. Partly because of the following reasons: I still don't have the links for quad-curse, decent +1 amulet is a bitch to get, and I can't spare my ring slot yet for doedre's. But aside from that I don't feel that +10% curse eff. from hex master is worth whole 3 skillpoints. Is it the end-game thing, when you absolutely need that 75% enfeeble temp chains duo or otherwise your zombies get shredded right away? I haven't got over tier10 yet, however even without purity auras and with offensive dual-cursing on my part my minions sustain everything with ease, so to sum it all up: what reason do I have to spend 8 points on partially irrelevant curse nodes?

My current gear can be found in my profile, IGN: Eldritch_lore
Jewels used:

Passives: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAW8GSQ18EVAV1xcvGGoZihqPGyUc3B0UHU8dqiL0JLAo-iqYLKYsvy9vMtE0CjW5N2Y3g0QERUdGcUmxS65NuVXWVmNXyVgHWpFca1-wZOdmnmqsa9tsC20Zb55wu3gvfOV9GH_GgKSCx4MJhEiExYVghq6IQIt6jHaPGo9GkDOTJ5itm6GbtZ48oS-mrKbrpwinK6h9qsSvjbQMtzG4k76KwcXDOsNtykrK08y80_vXz9kL2RPZW9-K4Yji9-kC6rrr7uwY7IrviPba99f5N_qA-tL7Cf5J
Last edited by Witowt on Jan 14, 2016, 12:42:42 PM
Swap your Spell echo gem and link it to Desecrate until you have your spectres.
Do the same for Raise zombie to min-max further.

not sure that works since that is snap shotting (was nerfed ages ago) i played summoner for a long time and i am sure that does not work (ggg nefed the ability to summon then swap gems, the swapped gems do not take effect on already summoned mobs)

now just bring a detonate dead so you can clear the corpses you do not want
"
Witowt wrote:
Hi, I'm currently rolling this build to the great success in hc tali. My starting gear investments amounted to literally 5c flat currency plus small crafting expenses on my side, so all I have are 4-linked pieces BUT I don't feel at all inferior to 6-linked rangers or bladefallers, for example. It's a perfect choice for a starting character or for coming-out-of-costly-RIP-one.

I have several questions though:
What part do extra projectiles play in the overall dps of revenants? Suppose, I go shavs-double midnight instead of the sire staff, which should give me an extra aura and 5 specters total. How does that compare to free GMP bonus from the staff?

Also, I've skipped Hex master and Skittering runes clusters so far. Partly because of the following reasons: I still don't have the links for quad-curse, decent +1 amulet is a bitch to get, and I can't spare my ring slot yet for doedre's. But aside from that I don't feel that +10% curse eff. from hex master is worth whole 3 skillpoints. Is it the end-game thing, when you absolutely need that 75% enfeeble temp chains duo or otherwise your zombies get shredded right away? I haven't got over tier10 yet, however even without purity auras and with offensive dual-cursing on my part my minions sustain everything with ease, so to sum it all up: what reason do I have to spend 8 points on partially irrelevant curse nodes?

My current gear can be found in my profile, IGN: Eldritch_lore
Jewels used:

Passives: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAW8GSQ18EVAV1xcvGGoZihqPGyUc3B0UHU8dqiL0JLAo-iqYLKYsvy9vMtE0CjW5N2Y3g0QERUdGcUmxS65NuVXWVmNXyVgHWpFca1-wZOdmnmqsa9tsC20Zb55wu3gvfOV9GH_GgKSCx4MJhEiExYVghq6IQIt6jHaPGo9GkDOTJ5itm6GbtZ48oS-mrKbrpwinK6h9qsSvjbQMtzG4k76KwcXDOsNtykrK08y80_vXz9kL2RPZW9-K4Yji9-kC6rrr7uwY7IrviPba99f5N_qA-tL7Cf5J

Would you rather have Revenants shooting 2 bursts of three projectile or seven projectiles? Double Midnight setup is in one of the last sections. It has the number of projectiles shot and stuff. There are trade offs tho so you will have to balance it out (gem links etc..)

You don't get instantly blown up without the curse effectiveness, but keep in mind you are a Summoner. Is 800 extra energy shield gonna be more useful than say, 40% slower monsters / reduced damage / -40 resist to monsters? You have so many points to spare, so let's make them useful for yourself and your minions.
10% Curse effectiveness is indeed meaningless, which is why I'm grabbing the other ones along.

I played that Summoner up to lvl 98 in Warbands. Felt really unsafe in Curse immune maps.

Passive tree -> it's not that efficient to get the Ranger's Aura node (Charisma). You also don't really need a 4th aura if that's what it allows you to run. Unless you want a curse-aura then sure, keep it as it is.

Your profile is set to private btw.

"
Dextera wrote:
Swap your Spell echo gem and link it to Desecrate until you have your spectres.
Do the same for Raise zombie to min-max further.

not sure that works since that is snap shotting (was nerfed ages ago) i played summoner for a long time and i am sure that does not work (ggg nefed the ability to summon then swap gems, the swapped gems do not take effect on already summoned mobs)

now just bring a detonate dead so you can clear the corpses you do not want

It works because snap shotting doesn't anymore.

The gems updates LIVE as you remove and put new ones in your links.
Last edited by PetitCaca on Jan 15, 2016, 3:23:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info