[2.1] petit's Witch Summoner Support / Carry IN-DEPTH STYGIAN REVENANTS Quad+ CURSE

"
PetitCaca wrote:

it's not that efficient to get the Ranger's Aura node (Charisma). You also don't really need a 4th aura if that's what it allows you to run.

profile unlocked, sorry

It allows me to run generous haste or selfish determination, or hatred+haste if I choose to add SRS into mix, which is fairly doable I'd say - just gotta have 6L Pledge on weapon swap and vaal haste charged.
Also, in case of sudden nerf, I can switch to some other type of specters and focus on unholy might montregul bloodlust zombies supported by two generous auras, for example.

Still don't understand your fixation on projectile amount, since revenants spread their shots over the wide radius, so it lowers their efficiency in boss fights, doesn't it? and all the trash packs get annihilated with only chain anyway.
"
Witowt wrote:
"
PetitCaca wrote:

it's not that efficient to get the Ranger's Aura node (Charisma). You also don't really need a 4th aura if that's what it allows you to run.

profile unlocked, sorry

It allows me to run generous haste or selfish determination, or hatred+haste if I choose to add SRS into mix, which is fairly doable I'd say - just gotta have 6L Pledge on weapon swap and vaal haste charged.
Also, in case of sudden nerf, I can switch to some other type of specters and focus on unholy might montregul bloodlust zombies supported by two generous auras, for example.

Still don't understand your fixation on projectile amount, since revenants spread their shots over the wide radius, so it lowers their efficiency in boss fights, doesn't it? and all the trash packs get annihilated with only chain anyway.

ill make it easy

the spread is only increased by 5% but it adds 27% coverage per lightning spear

so the spacing of the shots are closer together then they are apart

also just like rain of splinters

sire of shards is not effected by the shotgun nerf

since it was not intended that the stygiens shots where not being turned into a nova

more projectiles = more dmg single target
Thanks for the guide. I recently came back to playing POE after a long break and wanted a new build for my Witch. This fit the bill nicely. Here is where I am after a week or so.

Wraithix
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ToxicShock1863/characters

A few questions/observations so far:

Why Slower Projectiles? 39% projectile damage seems weak compared to some other options? does slowing the projectiles make them hit more or something?

Why purity of fire? Is this specific to your gear/needs/boss/map etc?

I originally was delivering curses with ball lightning but found that they traveled slower than my tide of minions and the death they were delivering. I decided to give bladefall a try. I highly recommend it as a curse delivery spell over ball lightning. You can curse specific locations far in front of you much faster and it is easier through doors and around corners etc. the 20%Q is also nice as it increases area.

I also decided to focus on using damaging zombies versus tanky ones. The reason being is that they were surviving without the tanky supports so why not. I am thinking of swapping out my melee physical support for a physical to lightning support so that their damage is more compatible to the curses.

I haven't been using Animate Guardian in lieu of fully supported Zombies. Am I really missing much there?

How do Golems perform? I haven't been back long enough to experiment or know much about them? Would chaos be the one to try?
Last edited by ToxicShock1863 on Jan 18, 2016, 10:06:15 AM
"
Thanks for the guide. I recently came back to playing POE after a long break and wanted a new build for my Witch. This fit the bill nicely. Here is where I am after a week or so.

Wraithix
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ToxicShock1863/characters

A few questions/observations so far:

Why Slower Projectiles? 39% projectile damage seems weak compared to some other options? does slowing the projectiles make them hit more or something?

Why purity of fire? Is this specific to your gear/needs/boss/map etc?

I originally was delivering curses with ball lightning but found that they traveled slower than my tide of minions and the death they were delivering. I decided to give bladefall a try. I highly recommend it as a curse delivery spell over ball lightning. You can curse specific locations far in front of you much faster and it is easier through doors and around corners etc. the 20%Q is also nice as it increases area.

I also decided to focus on using damaging zombies versus tanky ones. The reason being is that they were surviving without the tanky supports so why not. I am thinking of swapping out my melee physical support for a physical to lightning support so that their damage is more compatible to the curses.

I haven't been using Animate Guardian in lieu of fully supported Zombies. Am I really missing much there?

How do Golems perform? I haven't been back long enough to experiment or know much about them? Would chaos be the one to try?

Slower proj isn't weak or anything. It's just, you probably rather have the regular speed or projectiles to clear faster and get the same damage with Controlled Destruction.

Fire and Lightning damage are what hurts the most. You get 1% max light from tree and Revs already got 75 light resist. Giving them +Fire resist and yourself 4-5% max will help you tank more of the fire stuff. I think that if I had the gear that I have right now on the summoner, i'd switch some stuff to fit in an Aura-curse or something.

Bladefall for cursing yeah, my friend tried it, he said he didn't like it so lol. Preferences mostly again here for Cursing spell.

Damaging zombies, sure. Never felt like I needed more damage than what the Revs had tho.

Animate Guardian will give you some Curse effectiveness, 18% damage and the chance to cast Consecrated Ground which will heal whatever is standing in it when he blocks which will basically make your minions unkillable mixed with Bone offering's block +life gained.

Golems, I used to use the Chaos golem for 4% phys reduction but, that is really a small number so it's negligible. Takes up a gem slot too.
Good Points! This build is destroying. My latest changes.

And, yeah golem sucks compared to Animate Guardian with the uniques.

"
Dextera wrote:

the spread is only increased by 5% but it adds 27% coverage per lightning spear

so the spacing of the shots are closer together then they are apart

also just like rain of splinters

sire of shards is not effected by the shotgun nerf

Could you elaborate on this?

Where do you get the information of 5% increased spread and 27% coverage? Any GGG source or experimental observation?

Also, I didn't heard anything about the shotgun nerf vs rain of splinters before. So, the extra projectiles can shotgun then?
Culler-support build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617230
Dedicated support build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702757
"
Good Points! This build is destroying. My latest changes.

And, yeah golem sucks compared to Animate Guardian with the uniques.

standard is not really relevant for new builds purposes, to be fair
"

How so? I chose to play standard. I can play this (or any other) build there so it is entirely relevant. In fact, the guy who made this build/thread is in standard. Are you trying to brag or just be a dick?

In continuation of relevancy:

-I have been experimenting some more. Picked up Zealots Oath and some additional regen nodes. Trying to boost my defense and survivabilty since dmg isn't a problem. I am liking it. Also put energy from within jewel near all the life/ES nodes. Works well and pushed me beyond 11k ES.

New Build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAW8GSQxfDXwQlxFQE2wV1xcvGFYYahpsGyUcpxzcHRQdTx2qIvQo-iqYLKYsvy9vMtE0CjW5N2Y3gzwtQYdEBEVHRnFJsUuuTLNNuVOlVdZWY1fJWAdca2TnZlRmnmh0aqxr22wLbRlwu3IPeC985X0Yf8aApILHg1-DzIRIhWCGrohAi3qMdo8aj0aQM5MnlG-UoJitm6GdrqEvpqym66cIpyuqxK-NtAy3Mbc-uJO-isHFw23GrsrTzLzQH9P718_ZC9kT2VvaYt-K4Yji9-kC6rrr7uwY7IrviO_r98H31_k3-ej6gPrS_kk=
"
"

How so? I chose to play standard. I can play this (or any other) build there so it is entirely relevant. In fact, the guy who made this build/thread is in standard. Are you trying to brag or just be a dick?

In continuation of relevancy:

-I have been experimenting some more. Picked up Zealots Oath and some additional regen nodes. Trying to boost my defense and survivabilty since dmg isn't a problem. I am liking it. Also put energy from within jewel near all the life/ES nodes. Works well and pushed me beyond 11k ES.

New Build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAW8GSQxfDXwQlxFQE2wV1xcvGFYYahpsGyUcpxzcHRQdTx2qIvQo-iqYLKYsvy9vMtE0CjW5N2Y3gzwtQYdEBEVHRnFJsUuuTLNNuVOlVdZWY1fJWAdca2TnZlRmnmh0aqxr22wLbRlwu3IPeC985X0Yf8aApILHg1-DzIRIhWCGrohAi3qMdo8aj0aQM5MnlG-UoJitm6GdrqEvpqym66cIpyuqxK-NtAy3Mbc-uJO-isHFw23GrsrTzLzQH9P718_ZC9kT2VvaYt-K4Yji9-kC6rrr7uwY7IrviO_r98H31_k3-ej6gPrS_kk=

no the guy who made this was in warbands

but i guess you.... insert here.............

stop being a dick by calling others dicks while being a dick to someone who is not a dick
How effective is wrath generocity? Im running a similar build to this but using whispering ice with 5 curses for chil temp blind stack.
(temp chains is on blasphemy)

Also don't you find slower projectiles incredibly annoying? If their base crit chance is 5% isn't controlled destruction better effective dps since they only lose 2.5% crit?

:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info