Builds For New Players, Summoners and More!

Should a build that depends on an unique really be considered newbie friendly?

This shot is just so E-P-I-C!!(☆▽☆)
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael
Powered by 2015 Alienware 17" R2 laptop · Standard League · BLÔW Guild · Bird-Day - Aug 7, 2012
人生はただのゲームだ。楽しむために生きろ。勝利をつかむため遊べ。人生に勝ち、そして喜ぶために生きろ。o(^▽^)o ♪
Does this mean that we aren't going to have BotW anymore?
Censored.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I actually find the existence of these "guides" (which they are not) abhorrent. The game should be played, and made playable. It shouldn't be a puzzle that you have to go online to find someone's solution... like a college freshmen cheating on his calculus homework. You should be able to try what ever comes naturally to you and have different degrees of success or failure, and learn from it.

A guide should teach basic principles. It shouldn't be "do this and you'll beat the game".

That's nice. You're totally free to play it that way too. Enjoy!!
"
Mipe wrote:

I think that builds that focus on a cheap unique are the best for newbies.

Having to buy a cheap unique will introduce the newbie to the very basics of trading in this game. He will also get an idea of the value of things (like chaos orbs) and how to make new builds using the strenght of certain items.

Also it is not like he will get scammed easily. The price of the unique is in the guide and it is really cheap anyways.
Last edited by MANGUERA on Aug 11, 2015, 2:43:44 PM
Marauder skill tree links not working. Help!
Are classic spell casters dead? I really miss them :(
"
Marauder skill tree links not working. Help!

It's look like bug. Most links stopped working.
IGN: Nanashi_Sabazashi
"Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide
view-thread/1321402
"
Mipe wrote:

That depends.

I think builds can be easily classified as.

Budget < 1 exalt (45 chaos)
1 < Normal < 10 exalts
10 < Expensive < 100 exalts
100 < Kingpin of Standard < 1000 exalts

So if it goes into Budget, then hell yes!
Last edited by WiseGuard on Aug 11, 2015, 5:20:54 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I actually find the existence of these "guides" (which they are not) abhorrent. The game should be played, and made playable. It shouldn't be a puzzle that you have to go online to find someone's solution... like a college freshmen cheating on his calculus homework. You should be able to try what ever comes naturally to you and have different degrees of success or failure, and learn from it.

A guide should teach basic principles. It shouldn't be "do this and you'll beat the game".

This is an interesting perspective. I'm actually a player that enjoys the discovery of FOTM builds, and collecting the pieces to make it work. My fun is in putting together the character, like reading the instructions to a Lego set.

I was actually coming to thank GGG for making the search for these builds much easier. In fact, I'd even love to see a section for builds, something akin to what Curse did years ago.

I've always been drawn to the thought of just doing my own thing through the tree, and learning as I go. I've even played a few characters that way. Ultimately it's not near as fun to me as trying out some powerful new build I hadn't considered, and moving through the content at exciting speeds.

For me, finding and "copying" the build is a big part of the fun.
Onslaught League
IGN: Hanzn

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info