[2.0.1][Tempest] Begsplosive's BM Solo-MF EA Duelist of Frugality [Cheap and Beginner-Friendly]

Thanks Acrophony, I haven't tried your variation but it seems like a good tradeoff. Certainly the auras are very helpful for certain map mods or monster types.

I added a maps section for beginners, explaining the basics of progression and advancement.
Hey Beg, thanks for the build !

Wouldn't Iron Grip be quite useful ? (From Gem supp or Tree passive)

It's just near Blood magic, and I wonder if it wouldn't be better to take it instead of Fury Bolt, or just take it anyway. :)
Last edited by Antebios on Aug 20, 2015, 4:48:35 AM
"
Antebios wrote:

It's just near Blood magic, and I wonder if it wouldn't be better to take it instead of Fury Bolt, or just take it anyway. :)

Everything I've found so far suggests that Iron Grip does not work for Explosive Arrow! It's tricky because it sounds like the bonus applies to projectile damage, but I believe it only applies to projectile attack damage, which of course would do nothing for EA since we rely on the fuses and not the projectiles.

If it does work though, it would be tremendously useful and a huge omission, a great choice for that sixth link that would add a nice amount of damage with so much strength!
Iron Grip from the tree would do nothing at all. Not sure about the gem because point blank and iron grip gems have really bad wording. They only say "projectile damage" but they don't work on all types of projectiles (for example they don't work for projectile based spells, but "projectile damage" from the tree does).
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
Leveling this right now in Tempest and just hit 50. I always try to use the main skill as early as possible (and not level everything via flame totem cause it's boring) but for a while dmg was rather bad and A4 normal would not have been doable without flame totem.

Now I finally have some of the damage skill points in the templer area and damage is coming around nicely. Should be able to drop flame totem soon.

Nice spec, lots of fun. I really enjoy the way the playstyle feels a bit different than normal bow chars :)
"
Begxiled wrote:
"
Antebios wrote:

Everything I've found so far suggests that Iron Grip does not work for Explosive Arrow! It's tricky because it sounds like the bonus applies to projectile damage, but I believe it only applies to projectile attack damage, which of course would do nothing for EA since we rely on the fuses and not the projectiles.

If it does work though, it would be tremendously useful and a huge omission, a great choice for that sixth link that would add a nice amount of damage with so much strength!

Ok yeah, it seems that it's not working at all. Well too bad ! ^^

Thanks for your answer, and thx Acrophony for your confirmation.
No problem! I have since died and so now reside in the Standard League, where I haven't played since. Appreciating all the feedback here and in-game!
Hey thanks much for the build. Ive been doing it in Warbands, and am in Act 3 merciless right now.

Single target is painful. I use frost wall on CWDT, but usually take CWDT off for bosses so that I can cast it where I want it.

Did you use a puncture set-up? I thought I read about using a Chin Sol on weapon swap for puncture, but I couldn't find any info on it afterwards.

What's your solution for single target?
Im Level 74 Currently 75% all resistances / -16% chaos with 6k Armour/ 44% physical reduction and I have 3.8k Life & but I still find it hard to maintain life without using a life gain on hit gem. Any Suggestions. This is my first PoE account so answer with low complexity if you can.
Current Gear

Flasks:

Current Skill Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAdwDdQSzBS0OPBQgFHEWbxo4Gj4abCFgJKolvCcvKS4ppTbpOtg9_ECgQzFG10d-UEdXDVh3WfNfBF85Xz9j_WVNZlRmnmjybztxhXIPcql07XTxdct2rHfjeWh65nrvfLh82YIHgpuE2YrwjM-NfpBVkSuUb5o7my2drqIAqW6sqq2NsKu3tr02vqfAGsEExILNmM9-2WHZfNrB20_fv-DD4XPjaulG6hjqYuw47w7wH_Gs8kH2SPcy-Ov60g==

Also, in terms of jewels what should I be looking for? Any input if helpful.
Last edited by Transfigure on Sep 2, 2015, 1:13:00 AM
Hi Transfigure,

Your problem is mainly the Life, you almost have no life on the items you are wearing.
I'm level 69 with 5.1 K life. with 6.9% regen that's 352 life per sec.
Try to find some better items starting with gloves, belt and boots. Check in http://poe.trade, there are some quite cheap items (depend from the league you are plying)

Best Regards,
WD
Poor_Exile
Last edited by Poor_Exile on Sep 3, 2015, 7:15:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info