[2.0.1][Tempest] Begsplosive's BM Solo-MF EA Duelist of Frugality [Cheap and Beginner-Friendly]

Why don't you get Elemental Equilibrium in your build?
@Servod projectile damage modifiers do scale Explosive Arrow explosion damage. It is a bit confusing because it says projectile so intuitively you would think that means the projectile itself, but projectile modifiers add to the explosion.

@Shinare good find with the RAT, allows you to get equilibrium and is nice for utility.

@Kas basically out of convenience and simplicity, there's enough play with one skill without having to expend more points and get something else to set it up.
OK, I searched for any information about that and tis is what I get: "The explosion damage is now classified as projectile damage and is hence scaled down by Lesser and Greater Multiple Projectiles support gems."
So pity. I thought that multiple proj doesn't affect explosions. May be I should use two different sets of EA in 2 different gear? One for clearing packs and one for single target bosses?
How did you sustain the cost of EA in your early 30s? I'm having a heck of a time, running 3-4 HP pots.

Also, when does it really pick up damage? While I just picked up a Quill Rain last night as the server issues were starting, with a regular bow it was considerably slower than using my 'whatever uniques were in the stash' melee weapons and lightning strike.
"
cmbyrd00 wrote:
How did you sustain the cost of EA in your early 30s? I'm having a heck of a time, running 3-4 HP pots.

Also, when does it really pick up damage? While I just picked up a Quill Rain last night as the server issues were starting, with a regular bow it was considerably slower than using my 'whatever uniques were in the stash' melee weapons and lightning strike.

EA-fire pen-life gain on hit (i used also faster attacks when i was levelling)
this is the core, and is said in the first page as well
the dmg should be enough if you followed the tree, have a quill and you're using the right links

I was just wondering why resolute tecnique, btw
Last edited by D_Caesar on Nov 15, 2015, 3:16:18 PM
"
D_Caesar wrote:
"
cmbyrd00 wrote:

EA-fire pen-life gain on hit (i used also faster attacks when i was levelling)
this is the core, and is said in the first page as well
the dmg should be enough if you followed the tree, have a quill and you're using the right links

I was just wondering why resolute tecnique, btw

The damage was... OK, but not any better than any other skill you could pick up and use. The real problem was sustaining the cost - may have been partially because I was using a TR for 6 linking though. Stepped down to 5L, and in mid 40s damage skyrocketed, and sustain went *way* up.

I've got my version of this at 79 now and am really enjoying him.
I tried to follow guide that you said beginner friendly. Bought a 5L chest armor and setup with EA-Faster Attacks-LGoH-Blood Magic-Slower Proj... I am just killing myself, i mean i need to use Life Flasks constantly to maintain my HP which is lost a lot by Blood Magic. And the area of EA is not great in return of using such a high HP Pool. Prolonged fights harder/impossible if there is not extra mobs to sustain your flask charges. This problem occured even before Return Elemental Damage and i am not sure i like the build at all as a beginner.
Last edited by Belanir on Nov 22, 2015, 2:34:11 PM
How will this do in 2.1? Done any thinking in regards to that? :)
WTB 2.1 build update, especially with those interesting Duelist leech nodes in mind...
I'm running this build in TCH. It work really well. I went for a fast blood magic and haven't looked back. Damage was a little spotty through the 30s and 40s, but picked up great in the late 40s-50s. Not had so much time to play lately, but will continue with this build as a first char definitely!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info