Elemental Damage with Attacks

How does Weapon Elemental Damage support gem/passive nodes (also Lava Lash) interact with Added Fire Damage support gem? (For example, WED and AFD is linked with Ground Slam)
Same as any other source of Elemental Damage.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

So, if Added Fire Damage converts 30% of physical damage into Fire and if Weapon Elemental Damage increase elemental damage by 70%, it will increase 70% of 30% of physical damage?
I suppose you can put it that way, yes.
"
Lunariel wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

So, if Added Fire Damage converts 30% of physical damage into Fire and if Weapon Elemental Damage increase elemental damage by 70%, it will increase 70% of 30% of physical damage?

Yes, the net effect would be 30% * 170% for a total of 51% fire damage + 170% of whatever base elemental damage the weapon had.
IGN: Zerikin or Zerinia
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Mizzajl wrote:
I think Weapon Elemental Damage should have the "Fire", "Cold" and "Lightning" Keywords, most other "Elemental" gems seem to have it.

Elemental Hit has those tags because it has separate explicit effects relating to each of those types. Cold to fire has specifically the Cold and Fire tags only. Elemental proliferation gets it because of separately listed effects for each elemental status ailment.

If anything, EP is a border case and could potentially lose those specific tags. Weapon Elemental Damage is not specifically tied to any Element. It's not logical for it to count as a 'fire' gem for mods that increase levels of such, nor cold, not lightning. It is logical that Cold to Fire is a cold gem and a fire gem, and that elemental hit has all three tags. EP is arguable, but as I said, gets in on the status effects.

yeah i thought it was weird for EP to have but not weapon elemental damage, but i can understand elemental hit and cold to fire.
This gem is one of the main reasons that anyone able to convert their physical damage to elemental damage does so- it almost doubles total damage at higher gem levels and theres no physical gem equivalent (the comparatively large and clustered weapon elemental damage tree nodes and excessive equivalent weapon elemental damage gear affixes affixes are the other reasons). It also tends to be the largest gem-based dps addition to most attack builds even if they only splash raw elemental damage on gloves, rings etc. The raw elemental damage affixes being so plentiful and large at higher levels are also partially to blame here.

Weapon elemental damage should be reduced from a starting value of 61% to 30% as melee physical damage was a long time ago, and some sort of equivalent gem for physical ranged non-spell attacks should be added as well (faster projectiles is good at what it does, but its raw damage addition is minimal).
IGN: KoTao
Does Weapon Elemental damage work on Ethereal knives?
no, Etherial knives is a spell, not a weapon attack.
n/m
Last edited by Pi314 on Mar 4, 2013, 8:11:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info