Elemental Damage with Attacks

Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
Hi

Does this gem affect minions that you summoned (if it is linked)

Im not sure if it meant weapon in the literal sense (or if it meant linked skills), because for some reason my skeletons have +% of elemental damage.
If they have elemental damage from other support skills or auras or such then it will be boosted by this.

Weapon damage means simply that it's non-spell damage. Any elemental damage on any melee or ranged weapon, from equipped items, auras or skills will be boosted.
Last edited by Umbraal on Apr 16, 2012, 4:10:55 PM
"
The damage bonus from quality is of the same type as the Weapon Elemental Damage passives, so it's additive with those.

Is it confirmed?

Or it is like with 10q
70*1.05=73.5
and if you have passive (95%+70%)*1.05=1.7325(1.65 without it)
Unavailable

I am slightly confused by the descriptions on this myself. I have a guess about what they mean, but would like confirmation.

The base stat of the gem '71% more weapon elemental damage'

The increased quality says '7% more elemental damage with weapons'

So the wording between the two is similar but not the same.. not sure if this is an oversight, or if these are two separate calculations.

If I was to guess, the base stat only increases elemental damage that your weapon does? Like my sword has a mod adds 10-30 fire damage, that's increased by 71%. But it would ignore any mods from amulets, rings, support gems etcetera.

The increase from quality sounds like it might increase elemental damage added no matter where it comes from. So 7% increased elemental damage if it comes from your amulet, or maybe added cold damage support?

Not sure at all if that's correct, but that's what the wording says to me.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Unavailable

I am slightly confused by the descriptions on this myself. I have a guess about what they mean, but would like confirmation.

The base stat of the gem '71% more weapon elemental damage'

The increased quality says '7% more elemental damage with weapons'
Assuming this was just a typo, but the quality is "increased" not "more". That's important.
"% increased" (and "% reduced") modifiers are all additive together.
"% more" (and "% less") modifiers are multiplicative.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Does this gem increase the damage Elemental Hit provides? AKA the "added elemental damage" the spell does or just the character's own elemental damage from equips?
Yes it does, but it can't be shown on the skill because the stat system can't handle potential damage and has to give the base.

Basically any elemental damage on your attacks from any source at all will be amplified by weapon elemental damage.
Does this gem multiplies all elemental dmg dealt with weapon or just base weapon elemental dmg? What i'm asking is does this gem increase dmg from wrath?
"
kavinux wrote:
Does this gem multiplies all elemental dmg dealt with weapon or just base weapon elemental dmg? What i'm asking is does this gem increase dmg from wrath?
all elelmental damage done via a weapon from any means of getting the elemental damage; equip, support gem, aura, the skill itself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info