Elemental Damage with Attacks

Post your 0.9.3 feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 3, 2017, 8:42:53 PM
Last bumped on Dec 19, 2017, 7:55:02 PM
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
"
Unavailable

I am slightly confused by the descriptions on this myself. I have a guess about what they mean, but would like confirmation.

The base stat of the gem '71% more weapon elemental damage'

The increased quality says '7% more elemental damage with weapons'
Assuming this was just a typo, but the quality is "increased" not "more". That's important.
"% increased" (and "% reduced") modifiers are all additive together.
"% more" (and "% less") modifiers are multiplicative.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Mizzajl wrote:
I think Weapon Elemental Damage should have the "Fire", "Cold" and "Lightning" Keywords, most other "Elemental" gems seem to have it.

Elemental Hit has those tags because it has separate explicit effects relating to each of those types. Cold to fire has specifically the Cold and Fire tags only. Elemental proliferation gets it because of separately listed effects for each elemental status ailment.

If anything, EP is a border case and could potentially lose those specific tags. Weapon Elemental Damage is not specifically tied to any Element. It's not logical for it to count as a 'fire' gem for mods that increase levels of such, nor cold, not lightning. It is logical that Cold to Fire is a cold gem and a fire gem, and that elemental hit has all three tags. EP is arguable, but as I said, gets in on the status effects.
Support gems need to be in a socket linked to the socket where the active skill gem is. You have the gems in to unlinked sockets.

Here is an example of a support and skill gem in linked sockets:

You can see that there is a link between the lower and middle sockets, where the gems are, but not between the middle and upper sockets. You'll need to find items with sockets linked like these to use the support gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info