Elemental Damage with Attacks

Post your 0.9.3 feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 3, 2017, 8:42:53 PM
Last bumped on Dec 19, 2017, 7:55:02 PM
i have 2 of these gems and 1 has +10 quality. It adds 5% extra elemental dmg.

HOWEVER, this doesn't work how it should be it seems. My highest lvl one (lvl 16) gives:

+76%

The one i picked up later (+10 quality) is now lvl 12 and gives:

+72% with 5% extra

how is this being calculated?

Because when i wear the 76% one my damage output is a little bit higher than when i wear the lvl 12 one while i expected it to be the other way around.

Maybe its being calculated differently, thaughts?
ya it seems like the level 12 one with +72% and +5% for a total of +77% should be higher than the lvl 16 one with +76%
The 5% quality probably multiplies the value rather than adds to it. So 72% with 5% from quality goes to 72%*1.05 = 75.6%, which is slightly less than the 76%.
The damage bonus from quality is of the same type as the Weapon Elemental Damage passives, so it's additive with those.
0.9.5 feedback below this post

This support gem is just way too powerful when paired with avatar of fire and added fire damage.
It doesn't make sense to me that this skill gets 1% additional damage per 2% quality when skills that increase the damage by half as much get the same bonus.

I would say it should give 1% additional damage per 1% quality. (and I even thought it did. Did that change or was I wrong?)

"
This support gem is just way too powerful when paired with avatar of fire and added fire damage.
Added fire damage support is unrelated.

Both elemental weapon damage support and elemenal weapon damage passives are the only 2 draws/reasons for getting Avatar of Fire. I guess you could say only one of the 2 bonuses is enough, but considering the huge nerf to flasks, I'd say that the removal of virtually all leeching ability is a steep price to pay for the extra damage (even if it is still worth it).
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Jan 4, 2012, 3:13:04 AM
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Just realized today that this support has an insanely high mana cost mod. Just to compare:

Multiple projectiles: x2.0
Weapon elemental damage: x1.7
Concentrated effect: x1.6
Melee physical damage: x1.35
Increased critical multiplier: x1.3
Added fire damage: x1.25
Increased criticals: x1.15

It seems that the multipliers are loosely based on the expected gain in damage output from using the supports. If that's the case, then x2.0 is rather low for multiple projectiles, while x1.7 for weapon elemental damage would only be fair if nearly all of the damage being dealt is elemental.

As an elemental hit wand build, this support is still well worth using, but if the game balance ever changes to the point where mana cost becomes a real issue then this'll be the first support that I drop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info