[2.0] Crit staff ice crash build 300k DPS AKA the "Guitar Smasher"

"
grumania wrote:
Btw how much hp you have and do you die often on maps lvl72+?

I have 4.7k life with a rare helm and 4.5k with abyssus. I have to play a bit more carefully in 76+ maps to not die but 72-75 are easy.

"
krad_nz wrote:
I'm enjoying this build or something close to it at least.

Feel pretty fragile though! Running a Lightning Coil, Purity of Lightning and Arctic Armour to help.

Level 76 at the moment, only have 3.5k HP which is dismal, but mainly because of the jewellery I'm using has little or no life on it.

That's a good defensive option. You can also use a kaom and run the 6l on your staff.
IGN: Lurker
For pure DPS, I'd imagine Phy to Lightning would probably be better than inc crit and concentrated effect?
"
krad_nz wrote:
For pure DPS, I'd imagine Phy to Lightning would probably be better than inc crit and concentrated effect?

I didn't think to try this. You're right, it's better than crit strikes but worse than conc effect.

My 6-link set up. The "more" modifier on hypotermia is amazing
I fallow it ;) i change my crasher, just regrets and we will see ;)
"
AngryJew wrote:
I fallow it ;) i change my crasher, just regrets and we will see ;)

Let me know how it works for you. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Is there a reason you don't have any life leech?
Hey,
i am running on a similar build, but without the focus on elemental - i am using a double 6L Cyclone instead. While the damage Cyclone can surely be switched to anyhting you like - the main focus lies on my "Curse on Hit Cyclone" --> Cyclone + Curse on Hit + Punishment + Assasins Mark + Enfeeble (another DmgCurse if you like) + Fortify .
So i invested my Skillpoints logically into the "greater effect of curses". Well, with abyssus the "Curse Cyclone" 6L can mow everything white down on a lvl 79 map. I was not able to test it much yet - but with the second 6L i am sure there could be a great potential for single target damage on the triple cursed mob. To get the third curse i am using a corrupted amulet at the moment. Maybe i could also use other curse items and combine other curses with curse on hit and vengeance or something in a 4L (maybe switch Enfeeble to this and use Vulnerability in the Cyclone).

Well i think you get what i mean, sorry for the bad english.

Here is my current skilltree at the moment, still to be optimized, it was just a first shot on the curse idea:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAdwEswixC2ENHw3NE3EUIBRxFkAWbxhdGGoaOBzOHRQrUDH7NI48BTwoPC09_D_8QXJBh0WOR35KLlBHValYB1hjWK5Z816lXz9lTWZUZp5nm2hlaPJqAWvZbztyD3Kpdqx343gveWh85YIHg1-DzITZhX2GO4dqjM-PRpBVkn2Ub5e0mG-bWJuhnL6iAKelqW6plKyqrfGuPq9sr6e3Mbc-vJq9Nr6nwBrAZsEExPbGrsbYyWfPftWL2L3ZfNwj42rkUeXP6GbqGO1E7w7vfPAf8932SPcy-Ov60vuL_gr-VA==?accountName=alesar&characterName=Roompa

Cheers!
"
alesar wrote:
Hey,
i am running on a similar build, but without the focus on elemental - i am using a double 6L Cyclone instead. While the damage Cyclone can surely be switched to anyhting you like - the main focus lies on my "Curse on Hit Cyclone" --> Cyclone + Curse on Hit + Punishment + Assasins Mark + Enfeeble (another DmgCurse if you like) + Fortify .
So i invested my Skillpoints logically into the "greater effect of curses". Well, with abyssus the "Curse Cyclone" 6L can mow everything white down on a lvl 79 map. I was not able to test it much yet - but with the second 6L i am sure there could be a great potential for single target damage on the triple cursed mob. To get the third curse i am using a corrupted amulet at the moment. Maybe i could also use other curse items and combine other curses with curse on hit and vengeance or something in a 4L (maybe switch Enfeeble to this and use Vulnerability in the Cyclone).

Well i think you get what i mean, sorry for the bad english.

Here is my current skilltree at the moment, still to be optimized, it was just a first shot on the curse idea:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAdwEswixC2ENHw3NE3EUIBRxFkAWbxhdGGoaOBzOHRQrUDH7NI48BTwoPC09_D_8QXJBh0WOR35KLlBHValYB1hjWK5Z816lXz9lTWZUZp5nm2hlaPJqAWvZbztyD3Kpdqx343gveWh85YIHg1-DzITZhX2GO4dqjM-PRpBVkn2Ub5e0mG-bWJuhnL6iAKelqW6plKyqrfGuPq9sr6e3Mbc-vJq9Nr6nwBrAZsEExPbGrsbYyWfPftWL2L3ZfNwj42rkUeXP6GbqGO1E7w7vfPAf8932SPcy-Ov60vuL_gr-VA==?accountName=alesar&characterName=Roompa

Cheers!

Looks good and it's pretty similar to mine. I see you're going down from RT towards barbarism and juggernaut. That's what I plan to do next. A third curse would be great for me as well but I don't know if I can find such an amulet with good stats. I'm using curses on cwdt so curse nodes don't benefit me too much. How do you apply the curses? Do you cyclone once with curse on hit and then go again with the DPS cyclone or is the one with curse on hit enough to kill most mobs?

"
JuicedG wrote:
Is there a reason you don't have any life leech?

Warlord's mark gives me 2% life leech, which works with all damage. Unlike leech from items which only works with phys. Most of my damage is elemental so I wouldn't benefit much from phys leech so it's not worth investing in it.
An interesting effect of running IceCrash + Phy To Lightning is that you now deliver no Phy damage at all. Handy option when running ele reflect maps.

No Phy Damage = No life leech & No mana leech though...
Last edited by krad_nz on Sep 7, 2015, 4:23:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info