Life Leech

"
ZeroZ30o wrote:
- But with the reduced values, the increased life leeched per second modifier doesn't seem to matter as much as the previous life leech rate modifier.

Life Leeched per Second is exactly the same as Leech Rate, except it does not reduce Leech Duration. It's only ever better. :/

Additionally, Vaal Pact was buffed to compensate for the nerf. It lost its Leech penalty entirely, which is a pretty damn big deal.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Additionally, Vaal Pact was buffed to compensate for the nerf. It lost its Leech penalty entirely, which is a pretty damn big deal.

That is true, but getting vaal pact and leveling the life leech support gem doesn't give you anything. It's the same at level 1 or at level 20, always 2%.

But yes, you're right, I have forgotten about that change- however I still think the life leech gem should scale from 2% to 3.5% or 4% to bring it up in par with all the other life leech reductions.

A gem slot is a lot of investment for your main skill already, and leveling the gem should give some kind of advantage, all other gems in the game do.

And the life leech gem is very important for those who use "x% of physical damage converted to cold/lightning/fire", and this is a huge nerf to that.
So basically vaal pact didn't have any changes applied to it- unless you use a life leech gem, in which case it's... very nerfed.
Last edited by ZeroZ30o on Jul 21, 2015, 1:37:46 PM
max (without mods) passive life leeching is 3.4(general passive) +1.2(claw passive) +2.0(gem) +2.0(lv 66 claw) = 8.6

"increased life leeched per second" is 100%(base) +130%(passive tree) +30% (lv 16 gem) = 2.6 multiplier to above value.

so... 8.6 *2.6 = 22.36% life leeched per second from damage. seems pretty strong to me >.> vaal pact would still work.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Jul 22, 2015, 12:01:51 AM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
max (without mods) passive life leeching is 3.4(general passive) +1.2(claw passive) +2.0(gem) +2.0(lv 66 claw) = 8.6

"increased life leeched per second" is 100%(base) +130%(passive tree) +30% (lv 16 gem) = 2.6 multiplier to above value.

so... 8.6 *2.6 = 22.36% life leeched per second from damage. seems pretty strong to me >.> vaal pact would still work.

I was talking of using the life leech gem only, since I am using static strike, and any physical damage leech I get is further reduced by 60%.
in that case, just the 2% times 2.6 = 5.2 which is... just under passable depending on actual numbers going on...

lets start with the 60% damage is lightning. 0.6 *5.2 = 3.12 times number of foes hit... lets say average is 3 so... 3.12 *3 = 9.36% of damage is leeched per attack. just under passable still...

could get lucky on a corrupted and gain a +0.2% lightning leeched =p [5.72 -> 3.432 -> 10.296] should be just enough.

mind you all that was pointless as the physical is going to bring the rest up.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
in that case, just the 2% times 2.6 = 5.2 which is... just under passable depending on actual numbers going on...

lets start with the 60% damage is lightning. 0.6 *5.2 = 3.12 times number of foes hit... lets say average is 3 so... 3.12 *3 = 9.36% of damage is leeched per attack. just under passable still...

could get lucky on a corrupted and gain a +0.2% lightning leeched =p [5.72 -> 3.432 -> 10.296] should be just enough.

mind you all that was pointless as the physical is going to bring the rest up.

The 0.2 on lightning damage would just be 0.2 * 0.6 leeched :P

I just don't see why the life leech support gem got nerfed- and it's just extremelly frustrating to level it up, it grants absolutely no bonus to anything if you have vaal pact.
the 5.2 total life increased leech is correct not the just 0.6 from gem the gem says exact same as passives for increased leeching. =p

but anyways sure try it first then complain.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
the 5.2 total life increased leech is correct not the just 0.6 from gem the gem says exact same as passives for increased leeching. =p

but anyways sure try it first then complain.

I've tried it, and as I said, it is frustrating to level the life leech gem and not getting any benefit from it (if you have vaal pact)-
The support gem was clearly nerfed for people who pick up vaal pact.
Nope.
Reasoning.

Old leech was 5%(at 20). Vaal pact had 40% efficency. -> 2% leech
Now 2% leech.

Only thing that sucks is that the leveling is useless to you.
Or view it as great since you dont have to get the strength requirements for a high level gem and already have the full effectiveness on lvl 1 :)

Ur Feeling of a nerf results most likely from the Monsterbuffs.
More dmg -> more leech required.
"
Genotron wrote:
Nope.
Reasoning.

Old leech was 5%(at 20). Vaal pact had 40% efficency. -> 2% leech
Now 2% leech.

Only thing that sucks is that the leveling is useless to you.
Or view it as great since you dont have to get the strength requirements for a high level gem and already have the full effectiveness on lvl 1 :)

Ur Feeling of a nerf results most likely from the Monsterbuffs.
More dmg -> more leech required.

Old Life Leech was 8.6% at 20 gem level, bro. Vaal Pact reduced it to 3.44%.
Now it's 2%. Not a nerf? Really?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Aug 11, 2015, 5:55:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info