"The Wall" Reaverauder - 82 Daresso Abyssus Video Inside - HC

Hello all! I rarely write these type of guides up, however, with enough prodding from my twitch channel I decided to do so.

LvL 82 Map Daresso with Abyssus - http://www.twitch.tv/zenocidegenius/v/9281897
LvL 77 Abyssal Tempest Merveil - http://www.twitch.tv/zenocidegenius/v/9281797

With the recent META really punishing my favorite play style (evasion) with global monster damage modifiers, bosses with RT, and bosses with a lot of Physical spells I decided it was time to play a reave build on the left side of the tree. Now hear me out, 1h swords on the left side of the tree with RT may not have crazy insane DPS but I wanted to live and experience some end game content!

**DISCLAIMER** I don't know who did a rendition of this build first nor do I care. This is an idea I wanted to mess around with and ran with it.

Skill Tree - http://tinyurl.com/nzrfzrh

Bandits - Help Oak - Kill all - Help Oak

Links: Note my single target is the same as AoE damage.

6L (In order) Reave - Multistrike - Meleephys - Fortify - Faster Attacks - Added Fire

I use Fortify always in this build to further push my defenses. You can put it on whirling blades but honestly better to be safer than sorry.

4L - Cast When Damage Taken - Enfeeble - Molten Shell - Flame Golem

In this set up I leveled all gems. Having a high level molten shell gives a ton of a armor late game and really does make a difference. The Flame Golem in ehre is a steady way to ensure 100% up time on the bugger without having to be bothered with the recasting when they die.

3L - Vaal Reave - Hatred - Determination

Vaal Reave has no mana cost this makes up for the free socket you get from the nerf to reduced mana.

4L - Vengeance - Reckoning - Melee Phys - Added Fire

3L/4S - Increased Duration - Blood Magic - Blood Rage - Empty Socket - Riposte or whatever

3L - Blood Magic - Whirling Blades - Enduring Cry

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a snap shot of my character sheet with gear posted below it. This snap shot is only with Determination Aura - With a Granite I'm sitting at 79k armor. Also note this is prior to endurance charges. I run 7, so unless I get hit by a Nullifier (rare) I'm usually way over resistance cap.

Here is my gear -

I can run abyssus without any problems because my armor is so high I never get armor pierced and the increased physical damage taken isn't noticeable at all! The only thing to worry about however is more degen from blood rage and bleeds. This is why I am running to remove bleed instant flasks.

This build is honestly one of the most simple and mindless specs out there but you won't take damage at all. It's a one click spec, keep up enduring cry on CD, use bloodrage so long as it isn't a 60% less regen map or you don't have vuln on you.

To sustain mana I used jewels paired with some mana leech. Also linked below is my third jewel. You can replace my last one with Malicious Intent for extra dps is preferred.

In terms of tree progression I went through the basic pathing out of marauder and picked up RT ASAP. I chose RT because this build would need at least 40 more points to go crit to make it semi efficient. You also lose a lot of survivability going crit. It's mostly likely better to go crit as an iron reflexes build right side of the tree if you wanted to go armor anyways. From there I went to Sovereignty so I could where Determination, you can use HoA instead for leveling for faster clear but if you're having a tough time living put on determination asap. Hatred goes on at lvl 26 no matter what. By now you should be investing in the Marauder Jewel and Templar Jewel. These two will clear out most mana problems, you won't need an elreon ring until a 6L.

From levels 60-66 i farmed Felshrine Merc for Celestial Justicar cards which allowed me to eventually get my 6L astral plate ilvl 80 (only turn it in at that level or find a friend you can trust to turn it in for you) I chaos spammed my shield and chest until what you see above!

I will be updating this build guide in the future most likely so please feel free to ask questions. This is just a bare bones guides with much more information to add!
Last edited by ZenocideGenius on Aug 6, 2015, 6:57:54 AM
Last bumped on Mar 11, 2017, 10:58:25 AM
Nice build Zeno!
Nice presentation too!

That 2,5k armour Shield :D

Sick armour!enables the use of Abyssus !
Awesome guide zeno, fully loving playing it right now.
Into cruel a4 and it is standing up well.
nice build!

whats your reave tooltip dps? yeah i know tooltip warrior but i only played crit reavers so im curious which numbers youre reaching with RT.

So its worth skipping a 100 life roll on the shield to get into the 2000 armor range with 3x armor prefixes?

for which cases do you use an amethyst flask ?

I've played superhigh armor 1h shield determination builds in 1.3, they are awesome, you just dont take damage from physical. Basicly the only thing that can kill you is elemental damage at that point. Heralds of the obelisk that spawn on you (still shotgunning in 1.3) was really scary.
So my question: How do you tackle spike elemental damage? You dont carry any ruby or topaz. Have you encountered such problems, like in a double extra elemental damage or minus max map?

Edit: Whut youre not resitance capped. is it because youve taken out your resist jewel?
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Aug 7, 2015, 2:33:16 AM
at first I was like "how the f that dude survives with 4.7k armor"...

then I looked again and it's 47K...

and here I was that my tanky (apparently not) scion with 13k armor was alright... I'm starting to doubt my icecrash axe onslaught ways....

Very nice build tho, also now I know why stacking MOAR armor is good... I thought that 12k was already over the top.
SO what killed you? Wasn't / couldnt have been physical damage ....
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
SO what killed you? Wasn't / couldnt have been physical damage ....

-max res shocked ground double volatile
Isn't the armor cap 90%? If I'm understanding correctly, that screenshot is of you with no endurance charges which means you're armor capping at 1 endurance charge active. Doesn't this mean that those points are more important elsewhere? Should your granite be rolled for utility and not armor? I'm genuinely curious if there is some other mechanic I don't know about that makes the extra levels of phys mitigation important.

Thanks for the build
"
magnus962 wrote:
Isn't the armor cap 90%? If I'm understanding correctly, that screenshot is of you with no endurance charges which means you're armor capping at 1 endurance charge active. Doesn't this mean that those points are more important elsewhere? Should your granite be rolled for utility and not armor? I'm genuinely curious if there is some other mechanic I don't know about that makes the extra levels of phys mitigation important.

Thanks for the build

Estimated physical reduction is the biggest lie in this game. Mobs can armour pierce. Kole, Voll, etc. The higher the armor the better. The only thing that is accurate about estimated physical reduction is Endurance charges, Chaos golem, and soul of steel otherwise ignore it.
youtube links to the demo would be nice, twitch replay is hell
I hate the lab

SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info