Life Gain on Hit

"
Graiok wrote:
Does The Lightning Arrow AoE effect triggers Life Gain on Hit???

The "AoE" hits targets for Weapon-damage; it's an Attack. Life Gain on Hit works on all Attacks by the linked skill. Should work fine.
Can confirm it works perfectly.
I use it with chain, for a lot of life per hit.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
A year ago this gem worked with spells. I take it that is not the case anymore?
IGN: Iolar
"
BRavich wrote:

It says right on the gem it only works on attacks.
"
BRavich wrote:
With all due respect, it did not. The stat used by this gem has never worked on spells in beta.
Looking through the history of the code (form before my time), the life gain on hit stat was added to the game for the first time in October 2010, long before the beta started, and was restricted to attack-only less than four hours later, in the next update to that file. It has remained that way ever since.
The support gem would have been created some time after the introduction of the stat, although I can't as easily track that one down.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 17, 2013, 7:15:52 PM
"
Lo4f wrote:
Try supporting Ground Slam or whatever your favorite AoE is with Life Gain on Hit and you may like the results better. Also a great gem for use with AoE spells, especially for Blood Magic users.

This is the source of my confusion.
IGN: Iolar
Ah, I see. That poster was probably not actually referring to spells, but rather to AoE attack skills, and using the wrong term.
Hey,
Life gain on hit gem doesnt work with sweep?
I checking sweep in the skills menu, but its dont wrote that.
guys, I tried the Life Gain oh Hit support gem but i didn't work with my Shadow. I used basically 2 main skills trap and dual strike

I got 2 claws which give +24 LOH, my attack speed is about 3.1

The gem says "+ 20 life", which should give me +44 LOH total. But whether I put on the gem or not, the lifesteal amount is almost the same.

I'm asking if anyone notice the same thing
Are you looking at the Default Attack or actually at the skill you linked it to? It's working fine for me.
It's also listed in the skill description, by the way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info