Life Gain on Hit

Post your 0.9.3 feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2018, 2:19:38 AM
I'm playing a level 30 sword/shield duelist at the moment. Just got to act 2 on cruel, and +10 life on hit on my Cleave feels overpowered. I've got a total of 400 health or so and can comfortably stand in a crowd of any size as long as I don't run out of mana to keep cleaving, especially with Warlord's Mark for a little extra leech.
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
"
I'm playing a level 30 sword/shield duelist at the moment. Just got to act 2 on cruel, and +10 life on hit on my Cleave feels overpowered. I've got a total of 400 health or so and can comfortably stand in a crowd of any size as long as I don't run out of mana to keep cleaving, especially with Warlord's Mark for a little extra leech.

For me, it's the exact opposite. I have a level 57 duelist and +10 life is nearly useless compared to the +200 or so I get from a skill like Warlord's Mark... or simply from a LL item. There's a low/midlevel range where +X is useful, but lategame only +X% matters.
My duelist is lvl 50 and with the gem leveled to 11 it gives 20life/hit.

Combined with the leech from Warlord's mark and other % gear it's pretty solid, but I think it could be scaled more than 1/level
This gem makes a ranger with the blood magic keystone completely immortal mid-game. It should probably be fixed to not work with split arrow the way it currently does.

At the moment, i am a 42 ranger in merciless difficulty using:

-Split arrow (5 missiles)
-Pierce support gem
-Life on hit support gem (15 life on hit)
-frenzy charges for attack speed

When I fire into a mob of enemies the life on hit seems to proc from every hit of every arrow on every pierced enemy.

Because of the amount of life leeched every shot I don't notice the life cost of my skills at all and can keep shooting and leeching until the whole screen is dead.
Is it Strength based ? because that would naturally balance it out with ranged attacks since they are Dex based.
Last edited by Kavlor on Dec 21, 2011, 9:48:10 AM
0.9.5 feedback below this post

there should be 2 versions of this skill, one for aoe-damage and one for single-target skills.

And it heals to much later on, so the game is never really hard. It should have a limit, how much it can heal with every aoe-skill.
As a very tankish oriented 30s templar who had Blood Magic, I tried putting this on my primary attack, Glacial Hammer.

End result, it cost me 8 hp to return 10hp per monster whacked. Not really worth the socket :)

"
Zaanus wrote:
As a very tankish oriented 30s templar who had Blood Magic, I tried putting this on my primary attack, Glacial Hammer.

End result, it cost me 8 hp to return 10hp per monster whacked. Not really worth the socket :)

Try supporting Ground Slam or whatever your favorite AoE is with Life Gain on Hit and you may like the results better. Also a great gem for use with AoE spells, especially for Blood Magic users.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info