Item Quantity

"
Pi314 wrote:
will this work if i link it with an aura like anger (fire) or wrath (lightning)?
no, the aura isn't killing anything. your attacks or spells are.
On my character sheet it says I have +16% to my item quantity. I have an item quantity gem supporting my lightning strike gem which is supposed to add 24% to my item quantity however when I remove/add this gem the item quantity of 16% never changes. Why is this?

Also, if this gem is adding the quantity bonus (but just not displaying it) does the quantity bonus apply only to the initial hit of lightning strike or does it also apply to the lightning projectiles if those kill a mob?
make sure you select you attack in the attack list above your data to see the IIQ for that specific attack.
"
Zombie_Randy wrote:
On my character sheet it says I have +16% to my item quantity. I have an item quantity gem supporting my lightning strike gem which is supposed to add 24% to my item quantity however when I remove/add this gem the item quantity of 16% never changes. Why is this?

Also, if this gem is adding the quantity bonus (but just not displaying it) does the quantity bonus apply only to the initial hit of lightning strike or does it also apply to the lightning projectiles if those kill a mob?

The support IIR/IIQ gems only apply to the skill they're linked to, and you need to kill the mobs with the skill for them to actually work.
is it possible to attach 2 item quantity gems to for example my dual strike? or is only 1 permitted?
more than one of the same support will not work.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Hildr wrote:
I think Item Quantity (and Rarity) gems should both be white gems (requires no int/dex/str). Right now it seems like I have to build a Templar to make full use of these 2 gems (linking them with the same skill to kill things). Yes I could link them both on my ranger but I'll never be able to level them both up enough to make them as good as they could be.

That <10% Quantity is really going to make your Templar so much better than your Ranger.
I don't disagree with the idea, but I find the reasoning a little weak.

They should be white because a lot of dex builds simply can't use IIQ/IIR gems on skills without rerolling colors, basically removing the option of temporary MF support swapping.

Thorough explanation:

For characters who use primarily str or int skills and gear, they can swap out a support for IIQ or IIR very easily. As a dex skill user, most of your gems/sockets are likely to be green, but the 1 or 2 off color gems are likely the damage boost support in your skill setup, like red (melee phys, added fire, weapon elemental), or blue (concentrated effect, crit chance/dam). Swaping out one of these for IIQ or IIR is usually out of the question unless you like to do no damage in merciless/maps.

I'd gladly swap out a faster attacks, chain or blind support, but there's no green MF support, so I'm screwed. Rerolling colors to get extra red/blue slots on a dex gear everytime I want to swap a MF support is out of the question.

"
Thalandor wrote:
They should be white because a lot of dex builds simply can't use IIQ/IIR gems on skills without rerolling colors, basically removing the option of temporary MF support swapping.

Thorough explanation:

For characters who use primarily str or int skills and gear, they can swap out a support for IIQ or IIR very easily. As a dex skill user, most of your gems/sockets are likely to be green, but the 1 or 2 off color gems are likely the damage boost support in your skill setup, like red (melee phys, added fire, weapon elemental), or blue (concentrated effect, crit chance/dam). Swaping out one of these for IIQ or IIR is usually out of the question unless you like to do no damage in merciless/maps.

I'd gladly swap out a faster attacks, chain or blind support, but there's no green MF support, so I'm screwed. Rerolling colors to get extra red/blue slots on a dex gear everytime I want to swap a MF support is out of the question.

Not sure I agree with those statements. Your supports are going to be the same color regardless of your build. Say you make a "str build" and by that I mean your main gem is str based, say Cleave or Ground Slam whichever. Your red supports are still going to be the same as if you were using a Dex centric attack, like Double Strike. Reds will be melee physical, added fire, life leech/LoH, blues will be added lightning, conc effect, prolif, whatever really. It doesn't matter what your main skill is, you're going to have to change the same supports regardless. It's not like you can change the main skill with an IIR/IIQ support so that one additional blue/red socket you have doesn't matter, since you can't swap it.

You might argue that dex builds will use evasion based gear, but even in this case you're still going to use red and blue supports and you can still replace those. Regardless of what build or what gear you have, you're going to replace one good support with one for IIR/IIQ, there's no difference there, unless your build somehow has only like 2supports working on your main spell, which I don't think exists.

Now the initial statement, which is that some builds won't have the correct amount of a stat to use IIR/IIQ at their maximum level is one I can get behind, I think they should be split stats like some other gems do, these reduce the maximum amount required by a large amount by splitting it into 2. So for example IIR would be 68int 40dex instead of 108int. With that said, supports already carry a penalty to requirements compared to skill gems, and 108 int is really not that hard to get on a dex based char(and you probably want it for Enfeeble or Purity, but I guess that's build dependant).
"
PyrosEien wrote:

You might argue that dex builds will use evasion based gear, but even in this case you're still going to use red and blue supports and you can still replace those. Regardless of what build or what gear you have, you're going to replace one good support with one for IIR/IIQ, there's no difference there, unless your build somehow has only like 2supports working on your main spell, which I don't think exists.

But he doesn't want to replace any of his "good" supports(witch are blue and red) he would like to replace his "bad" supports(witch are green).
But what he doesn't undertand is that his post perfectly demonstrates the balance of the system, to get IIR/IIQ from support you actually have to swap them to those gems that have a real effect on you DPS.
"An it harm none, do what you will"
IIQ and FireTrap....

If a mob dies from the burning effect of FireTrap, does the IIQ bonus still apply?

Or is it only on the initial explosion damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info