Increased Critical Damage

"
The nerf to this gem was a bit TOO extreme if you ask me and makes going crit a little worthless.

This was a weak gem to begin with. A damage filler in the event a skill had nothing else to put in a slot or you were leveling up without the multiplier suffixes on your gear.

They could remove Critical Multiplier off the tree altogether, delete this gem from the game (which they kind of did), and it would still be worth using crit with the item suffixes alone. As long as your weapon happens to be a dagger or a wand. Triple the damage is the equivalent of getting +1000% increased damage or +400% increased attack speed.
Last edited by LimitedRooster on Jan 16, 2015, 7:55:41 AM
"
How do you go from 5% quality to .5% quality? The nerf to this gem was a bit TOO extreme if you ask me and makes going crit a little worthless. If the tree remained as it was (regarding crit) it would have been better, but the combination of nerfing the gem AND the tree was a bit TOO much.

Going crit is still worth it sometimes. But Increased Critical Damage gem often isnt worth using for crit builds, and that is really bad. When you make a build, that realies on crits heavily, it's quite logical to assume you will USE crit-related gems. ATM, these gems arent worth it, except when you have no other choice.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jul 26, 2015, 6:24:29 AM
nvm im stupid
╔╤═╨─
Last edited by ggpenner on Dec 17, 2015, 5:12:58 PM
Why didn't this gem get a buff with Ascendancy? Controlled destruction seems like the better option on every build.
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
Why didn't this gem get a buff with Ascendancy? Controlled destruction seems like the better option on every build.

Controlled Destruction IS actually better in all cases for any crit focused build out there which is counter intuitive. The downside of 100% reduced crit chance is like nothing when you try to reach crit cap anyway. Assasins Mark also helps a lot to counterfit the downside.

Controlled Destruction makes crit builds more consistant with less damage spikes in between which is what you want on any build out there.

Crit Multi is only good in a crit build if you can use it alongside with Controlled Destruction and only then when no other support gem is available to scale damage further for spell builds.

On melee attack/ranged attack builds Crit Multi support isn't viable due to the many other options of more multipliers existing.

The Crit multi support needs a buff and/or the Controlled Destruction support needs a slight nerf i feel (a gem support beeing BIS for any hitting spell out there regardless of crit or non crit can't be good for the game long term)
In my opinion this support should provide multiplicative bonus to extra damage from critical strikes. There are better alternatives these days even for my 80% crit chance character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info