Concentrate Area of Effect

Does this work with reave?
Reave is AoE, yes. Hence the tag in the Gem description :)
Here's a change I'd like to see:

1) All Auras which currently reserve 60% reduced to 40%; all auras which reserve 40% reduced to 30%.

2) The effect of (formerly) 60% auras cut by about 33%, the effect of (formerly) 40% auras cut by about 25%.

3) Concentrated Effect now supports Auras.

This would give players more choices. Do you want to run a weak Determination at 40%, or the full-strength, Conc-Effect version at 64%? With Reduced Mana support, you'd now be able to choose between 3 weak auras, or 2 full-strength ones. It's a more interesting choice, and not really any more powerful than currently.

The main beneficiaries would be Blood Magic users, who now can run one (weak) Aura much easier than before.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Fireball + Conc. AoE-effect

Explosion Radius is reduced but the dmg is not increased....

should that be like that ?
"
Faca88 wrote:
Fireball + Conc. AoE-effect

Explosion Radius is reduced but the dmg is not increased....

should that be like that ?

It works and the damage is multiplied for fireball explosions, but the tooltip (currently) doesn't show the "area damage" for when fireballs explode. The tooltip shows the base spell damage of fireball that is dealt when the fireball pierces, forks or chains without exploding. Right now if you want to know your actual damage, you'll just have to calculate it yourself using a damage formula.

But to repeat: If your fireball explodes, then its damage is increased by all area damage modifiers and also multiplied by conc. effect's damage bonus. This applies to all targets caught in the explosion, the "first" target included.
Will concentrate area of effect finally increase poison arrows cloud damage in 1.0.2?
the announcement suggested yes
So as of 1.0.2 does the ignite damage from explosive arrow also count as area damage? While we're at it does the ignite count as projectile damage like poison arrow?
Concentrated Area of Effect is currently NOT applying to Burning Miscreation's Unrighteous fire after the degen buff patch.

Is this a bug or intended? Figured since projectile damage was applying to poison arrow, that it would make sense for an AoE tag to apply to an AoE degen.
Last edited by Moose65 on Nov 30, 2013, 3:54:07 AM
"
Moose65 wrote:
Concentrated Area of Effect is currently NOT applying to Burning Miscreation's Unrighteous fire after the degen buff patch.

Is this a bug or intended? Figured since projectile damage was applying to poison arrow, that it would make sense for an AoE tag to apply to an AoE degen.

I have a feeling that burning damage is only burning dmg. and does not count as area dmg.. same reason why spell dmg doesn't increase rf's burning dmg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info