Concentrate Area of Effect

Post your 0.9.3 feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Nov 2, 2021, 9:06:00 AM
Yes.
The stat description has been updated to make it clear that it's applied to the radius, and bring it in line with other describers for that stat.
"
glavius wrote:
Is this the same for ice spear?
No, Ice Spear does no AoE.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
From the very brief testing I did, I did not notice any difference in the total damage between poison arrow and poison arrow linked with concentrated AoE. It seems to decrease the AoE without any benefit.

A few of us inquired about it in the poison arrow thread as well, so I have no idea if it's intended behavior. Given the roundabout method by which poison arrow does damage (creating a projectile that creates an AoE that creates a debuff), I would guess that it might be tricky to fix, if it is unintended.
It's known and unintended - concentrate effect should only be able to support skills which do damage in an area, but currently due to the way restrictions are done it affects anything with an area. It can also be used on curses the same way. This will be fixed in future.
"
sanddemon wrote:
It doesn't seem to do anything but hinder Fireball (less area, no damage change on char sheet or tooltip).

Is this correct? It hits in an AoE...I would assume it would affect the damage and add to things like burning...
It does increase damage on the explosion (because that is area damage) but not the pierce (which only hits the one pierced enemy).
It doesn't show on the tooltip because the base damage of fireball isn't considered area damage because it's applied in both area and non-area forms - the 'area' attribute is applied at the point explosion damage is calculated, which makes the concentrated effect apply to it.
"
sanddemon wrote:
So the guy getting hit will take less, than those around the explosion. That kinda sucks for burning though - the idea was to take concentrated AoE and focus on the burn but with what you said the burn wouldn't actually increase because it's not the pierce.
If you hit a guy with fireball and it explodes, he (and everyone close to him) takes explosion damage. If you have pierce chance then it might go through him damaging him with non-area damage, and explode against a later target.

Burning damage is based on how much fire damage you dealt in the initial hit, so anyone caught in the explosion will take more burning damage than someone it just pierces through and moves on.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
"
Umbraal wrote:
It would get reduced radius but I don't believe the aura will benefit as it adds damage to allies, it doesn't deal area damage. Of course given the way stats are saved for auras it might be able to increase it.
This is correct

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info