Spark

This spell is officially dead.....
Rampage IGN : Cool_Hamster
Standard IGN : Hamsterbaby
Standard IGN : HamsterMfer
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards
I have been playing a Spark build in the Rampage league. I've gotta say there is one thing I hate about it. It is a ground projectile.

I hate that I pretty much need to let jumping mobs land on my before I can even hurt them. I can't kite them because they will just leap again, becoming unhittable.

Failed a few master quests because enemies had Summon Raging Spirit. Couldn't do anything against them with Spark.
Last edited by Fatto on Aug 25, 2014, 12:46:03 AM
Dead skill is dead. Way to over nerfed. Reduced duration on the spark projectiles hurt it even worse.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
I think, in order in order to try and make this spell better here are some ideas:
1. Like others have said, an increase in duration would be nice.

2. Make the sparks able to go up and down elevations.

3. Make the sparks at least sort of head in the direction of the cursor as you cast. Again they're still random, but at least maybe make them start to go in that direction before veering off so they have a better chance at hitting.

4. Maybe increase the crit chance to make up for the randomness factor.

5. Decrease base cast time a slight bit to make it so you can possibly have more sparks out at once. 6.

6. Decrease base mana cost, since ya know, the sparks are random so you will need more casts to be able to effectively clear stuff when compared to other spells.

7. This last one is a long shot, but possibly having a 1-of base fork chance to happen for each spark, kind of like how arc has an automatic chain. Possibly lower the overall damage of the skill to do this.

What I'm basically trying to get at is, the whole point of this build is to have a massive amount of sparks out at once so you have a chance to actually hit stuff.
1. There's nodes and a Support for that. Additionally, higher Projectile Speed means they travel a greater distance in that timespan.

3. Already happens. With a bit of Projectile Speed you can reliably hit targets halfway across the screen (not all Sparks, but a good chunk). They're very clearly directional.

Spark is also already one of the fastest Spells. *shrug*
"
Vipermagi wrote:
1. There's nodes and a Support for that. Additionally, higher Projectile Speed means they travel a greater distance in that timespan.

3. Already happens. With a bit of Projectile Speed you can reliably hit targets halfway across the screen (not all Sparks, but a good chunk). They're very clearly directional.

Spark is also already one of the fastest Spells. *shrug*

Doesnt change the fact that almost every lightning spell is superior to spark and barely anyone uses it.
I do believe I never said otherwise, either. Do you have anything to add, perhaps? :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 12, 2014, 6:40:57 PM
Like someone said it would be way better if spark moved less random and more towards your cursor until it meets target then after hiting target it would become random, this would help with some sustained damage.
"
Fatto wrote:
I have been playing a Spark build in the Rampage league. I've gotta say there is one thing I hate about it. It is a ground projectile.

I hate that I pretty much need to let jumping mobs land on my before I can even hurt them. I can't kite them because they will just leap again, becoming unhittable.

Failed a few master quests because enemies had Summon Raging Spirit. Couldn't do anything against them with Spark.

Ground projectiles suck. I've been using Spark for the first time in ages, and having my Sparks bounce off pebbles and anything else is incredibly annoying. It really starts to suck when you add in the fact that Raging Spirits and animated weapons are immune to the spell and jumpers will always smash you.

You can't hit Merveil's animated swords. You can't hit Fairgraves' Spirits. There are many bosses in the game with abilities that kill you that Spark is worthless against. It seems like the majority of the new content GGG adds has some aspect that is immune to ground projectiles.

I feel like ground projectiles are a relic of early stages of the game. POE is no longer designed with them in mind, as evidenced by the immunity so much of the new content has to them. Please remove this trait from abilities like Spark and Arctic Breath that are relegated to the trash bin because of it.
Last edited by Jennik on Oct 4, 2014, 3:49:24 PM
Nerfed too much then making this skill gem became useless. Even 20% more dmg increase in 1.20 but no1 gonna play it because quick disappear duration and low spd projectile. Only way to make them useful is spark+fork + frost wall behind the enemies but it's too many step and wouldnt do much better 5 freezing pulses with gmp.
My suggest is bring b this gem duration to 2.5-3s duration and add more projectile like lvl 1 - 5 = add 1 projectile ( total = 2 ) 6 - 10 lvl total projectiles = 3 ; 11 - 15 total projectiles = 4 ; 16 - 20 total projectiles = 5 ; lvl 22 total projectiles = 6. The current dmg is a bit weak but it's gonna be ok if can cast more projectile to combo with fork. Fork became dead gem coz of Spark.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info