Spark

"
Kamro wrote:
I quote the patch notes

"
Critical strikes have been standardised in how they interact with repeating actions. The critical roll is made only once per action, regardless of how many repeats that action does. Exceptions are Tempest Shield (which rolls each time you block), Piety's Ball Lightning (which rolls per target) and Infernal Blow/Explosive Arrow (which roll separately for the explosion).

Any Idea if this will be bad or good for our little forking and roaming sparks, if i understand it right, it will be so that once it pops out of the totem and then its a crit or not but what about when it forks ? and The forks of the forks ?
That has no effect on anything currently in the game*, as there's no way to have repeated actions until the Multistrike gem is available.

*Not actually true - some monsters use repeated actions, such as voidbearers, which use a flame cast spell with a repetition count of around 20ish to ensure they don't just do one flame and then go back to moving. But there's not way for a player to get repeated actions currently in the game.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 5, 2013, 11:24:02 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

*Not actually true - some monsters use repeated actions, such as voidbearers, which use a flame cast spell with a repetition count of around 20ish to ensure they don't just do one flame and then go back to moving. But there's not way for a player to get repeated actions currently in the game.

So after this patch if a voidbear crit and we stay in the range we are toasted (literally) as all subsequent hit will crit (having the same crit roll and our crit avoidance doesnt change)?
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
Last edited by Progammer on Apr 6, 2013, 12:00:20 AM
"
Progammer wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

So after this patch if a voidbear crit and we stay in the range we are toasted (literally) as all subsequent hit will crit (having the same crit roll and our crit avoidance doesnt change)?
That specific case hasn't changed either - their fire skill already worked this way, as did basically all the projectile skills. The ones which worked differently and needed changed were some non-projectile spells and most of the area attacks.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Progammer wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

That specific case hasn't changed either - their fire skill already worked this way, as did basically all the projectile skills. The ones which worked differently and needed changed were some non-projectile spells and most of the area attacks.

What was the mechanic before this patch? Each spark equipped with fork, the crit chance is only rolled once, at the initial cast, and from then on, each spark/forked spark will all crit, or not crit?

I've heard crit was rolled per new generated projectile (either from fork or chain) and this patch was a nerf for fork and chain

How does crit work with fork, and was it changed with the new crit mechanics?
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
Last edited by Horvath on Apr 10, 2013, 4:56:08 AM
"
Horvath wrote:
I've heard crit was rolled per new generated projectile (either from fork or chain) and this patch was a nerf for fork and chain

It never worked like that, which is also implied by Mark's first post on this page. He mentions there were no repeating actions accessible to players prior to the latest patch; only repeating actions were actually changed.

Forked and Chained projectiles use the initial Crit Roll.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 10, 2013, 11:03:12 AM
How does spark work with Chain? Does it simply not work, or would it turn into a normal projectile and chain nearby enemies?
It essentially functions like a one-time Pierce with a horrible damage penalty. Similarly, Fork just doubles the amount of Sparks, but they are still Sparks that fly around mostly-randomly.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It essentially functions like a one-time Pierce with a horrible damage penalty. Similarly, Fork just doubles the amount of Sparks, but they are still Sparks that fly around mostly-randomly.

So I tested it out, and it seems like it does chain, but only once. I didn't see the one-time pierce effect. If there were no other targets, the sparks simply disappear. It's a really strange effect, and I'm still not sure how exactly it works. Would love it if a dev could explain this.
"So I tested it out, and it seems like it does chain, but only once"
That is entirely normal, because that's how Chain works.

You did see the one-time Pierce; the Sparks continued after hitting a target after all (assuming there's a target in range). It is roughly the same behaviour as Pierce triggering, but because it's Chain and not Pierce, it can only ever happen once.

Chain works the same on Spark as on any other non-Piercing Projectile, but because of the semi-random movement it's really weak on Spark.
Spark + Totem + Faster Casting (37% increased cast speed). Spark totem shows 7% increased cast speed. I'am not saying it's a bug, just don't understand. Explain plz.. ? Thx.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info