Raise Zombie

"
Allnamestaken wrote:
P.S. Why can we see minion life then on the tooltip?
Because that's feasible to fake - you (and therefore your skills) have a stats for minion base life, minion life increase, and minion total life as calculated from those.
That's feasible because life is a very simple calculation for minions, involving a simple calculation.
Damage stats make up fully half of the stat calculation files, and involve hundreds of calculations, in several layers, with far more inputs that we can't fake for minions like we can life, and even if we could duplicating all of those stats and maintaining separate ones alongside your own damage would be pretty much impossible.

As has been said before, displaying lots of minion stats in the character panel needs a massive refactor of what the character panel is (i.e. no longer just about the character) which is a huge task. It's planned, and will happen eventually. But not soon.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 12, 2014, 10:45:11 PM
Minion damage values can be temporarily found in this document.
Balance & Design
"
sidtherat wrote:
THANK YOU!!

can you - if possible shed some light on Animated Weapons too?

I've added life values for Animated Weapon now. I'll try to add Animated Armour base damage once I've fine tuned the calculations!
Balance & Design
"
Slagger1982 wrote:
Mark, is this the same for affixes rolled on gear? Specifically:
-added damage to attacks
-added damage to spells
-% melee damage
-"increased damage"
-increased global physical damage
No. Your gear is applied to you. Those supports work because they're applied directly to the minion skill that creates the minion.

"
Slagger1982 wrote:
or does the affix specifically have to state "minion" in it to affect them?
Correct.

"
Slagger1982 wrote:
Also curious about the additive damage bonuses from jewels. Whether or not "minions deal +4-7 physical damage" would be added to the base level of the skill gems damage, and receive a % multiplier from there as the skill is leveled, along with receiving other multipliers from minion passives, skill gems ect. Or if it is just additive to the final dps number. Using this as a basis to prioritize "% minion damage"/"+ minion damage", or if a mix of both is better.
All Added Damage in PoE gets scaled by all applicable % modifiers.
Cast when Damage Taken gives the supported skill a cooldown, and cooldowns are shared between multiple skills of the same type.

All three skills will be tracking damage taken, but one of them will be first to trigger and then all three will be on cooldown, so the others cannot trigger at that time.

That's just how CwDT works, it's nothing to do with Raise Zombie of Falling.
"
goetzjam wrote:
My ask would be, is there a reason why falling zombie was not given aoe tags or the ability to work with stuff like spell cascade, ect?
Because the skill fundamentally does not do something that applies to an area. It just creates a zombie. The zombie uses an area attack skill, but that doesn't make Raise Zombie of Falling an area skill any more than it makes it an attack rather than a spell.

What you do to create the zombie and what the zombie does once it exists are not the same thing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info