Raise Zombie

"
Rinzark wrote:
I got the passive that regenerates me some mana upon killing something earlier today. Aside from my high mana regen rate; I noticed that if I summon zombies, my older ones will die and I would regenerate a large chunk of mana from that.

Should this be considered a bug? or might there be something else causing this?
Yep, that's a bug. Thanks! I'll see if I can get that fixed up soon.
That's a known issue, which will be fixed in future.
"
aethernox wrote:
Mark, are there any plans to make minion statistics visible? PoE obviously caters to players with an interest in highly specific numerical information, so it doesn't make much sense to hide information that's so core to a fairly common character archetype.

If there *are* such plans, is there any chance that you could post the information anywhere for the time being? Knowing how much base armor/HP/resistances/damage/attack speed my zombies have would prove extremely valuable for summoner theorycrafting. That information would be especially relevant now that minion HP has been adjusted at various gem levels, not to mention the ability to overlevel minion gems via +skill affixes.
That information isn't hidden, it doesn't exist. Ideally we'd like to make it exist and be visible eventually, but this a) requires implementing entirely new systems for skills to be able to show stats that aren't in the skill, and b) requires those stats having actual values we can read somewhere.
We've got a temporary solution for Zombie life numbers, which need updating any time any balance changes modify what those values are, but it's simply not viable to make that a large-scale solution.
"
waxapnts wrote:
zombies need to be more aggressive they always wait for me to attack something before they leave my side and there always behind me they need to be more like Diablo2 minions they need to walk ahead of me and attack stuff ass soon as they come in view
we recieved overwhelmingly negative feedback about this. everyone hated them working this way.

They (and other minions that follow) will now draw their targeting radius around you, or if you're currently doing an action (including movement) they'll draw it around the location you targeted. This includes using shift to attack towards a location without moving, which can thus be used to direct the minions, while still having them default to actually being around to protect you.
"
melgaroth wrote:
After the recent Zombie resistances nerf they are almost not even worth summmoning. I used mine for a defensive wall and now they barely last 2-3 min in a Map maybe even less.

That wasn't a nerf, it was a bug fix - the code to handle one of the unique items that was introduced to the game a few weeks before was giving all zombies, regardless of whether you had the item or not, +1403% to all resistances due to a bug. We removed that and let them go back to their actual resistance based on their level.
"
magpye wrote:
It seems difficult to understand that there is no figure for minion damage, armour and resistances, when those figures should be used to work out whether they, or what they are fighting, should survive.
Surely the game code uses some numbers for these, even if they don't have armour or resistances, they definitely do SOME damage.
"The Game Code" is not some nebulous whole with no restrictions. A Zombie in the world is an object with stats, such as resistance and damage values, that it uses when taking or dealing damage.

The raise zombie skill on your character doesn't and can't have those stats. It (implicitly) knows which type of monster to summon, and has a stat saying what level to summon it at, allowing it, when used, to issue a command to the game world saying to spawn a Raised Zombie of level X. The process of creating that monster populates it's object with the correct stats, but at no stage are the zombie's stats in any way part of your stats or the skill's stats.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 1, 2013, 1:06:22 AM
Somewhere in the 0.11.4 series of patches, someone accidentally unchecked zombies from being player summoned minions, and they got the monster life progression rather than the minion one. This results in substantially more life at higher levels. We found the bug and fixed it fairly quickly, so they're back to their previous, correct values.
The tooltip has always shown the monster progression due to a different bug, so has been incorrect, but in fact lined up with the incorrect values for the brief period where the actual values were wrong. Now both the actual values and the tooltip stat use the correct life progression.
A level 68 Raised Zombie (i.e. summoned by a level 20 gem) on a character with no specific minion bonuses, attacks for 468-1093 physical damage.
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Why can't we get these numbers on minion tooltips?
Because they're completely separate from and not directly related to your stats, which is what your tooltips and character panel can see, and in fact don't exist as values anywhere to be queried even if that weren't the case.

This keeps getting explained enough that I have been thinking of drawing a picture to illustrate the problem, but that will have to wait for when I have time to do so, which might not be for a while.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 10, 2014, 10:31:40 PM
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Why can't a tooltip show numbers not from a player? Why such a limitation on querying?
Because encapsulation is good practice, and the character panel was built from the ground up to be about your character, not about completely separate other objects that may or may not exist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info