[2.0.x] Iron Will Incinerate Totems 1200+ Strength, 16k+ tooltip, 8k+ life (updated 11/13/2015)

"
Have you played around with Meginord's Vise at all? You could probably drop Alberon's or BSC depending on your Int/Dex and replace either with a high str+ rare.

I've definitely considered it but for the moment I need the dex/int that Black Sun Crest gives and cannot find a viable alternative to Alberon's on Tempest. With ideal rings, you could theoretically run Meginords Vise + BSC + Alberons but I'm not sure it will be possible in a temp league.

"
Hi. What reason to use "rain of splinters". Does it have shotgun effect now?

Nope, shotgun still does not exist but having the extra two projectiles on your totems will increase your clearspeed immensely. Also keep in mind that Rain of Splinters is not a multiplicative damage reduction so it is basically the same as dropping 2-3 damage nodes for the added benefit of two extra projectiles. I don't think the build is realistically playable without this jewel. For boss kills or Atziri fights, however, you are welcome to take it out in favor of a pure damage jewel.

"
I think ima try this with triple elreon gear.

Anger + Purity of Elements.

Also lets me run blood rage.

Anger +3x Frenzy adds roughly another 25-30%+ more dps

As far as I am aware, Blood Rage won't give you frenzy charges since your totems are doing the killing, not you, and totems have 0 max charges so they won't receive any benefits.

I'll be experimenting with a mana-based alternative sometime in the next few days and will be posting about the results.
Oh yeah, I definitely should have said what I was doing, since it's a complete variation on this.

I was inspired by your build idea and the OP nature of incinerate this patch cycle, so I'm actually trying a straight up incinerate build with this. Iron will, Black sun crest, Alberon's.

I have no chance of hitting the strength value that you have though.

The 36% cast speed on double doon's makes up for the lack of Mara cast speed (as I'm sure you know) and the dmg amp makes up for the lack of spell dmg/fire dmg

Last edited by posterier on Aug 4, 2015, 4:49:46 PM
Sounds fun. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to get self-cast Iron Will Incinerate working so I'll be curious how yours turns out :D

Lmk what your findings end up being, as I'll be curious how different/better/worse/etc it happens to be from this build.
Does this build work with any other skills besides incinerate?
"
Does this build work with any other skills besides incinerate?

The exact same tree works for IW Flame Totem. You just drop Rain of Splinters for either Sire of Stone or some damage jewel. IW Incinerate Totem, from my experience, clears much faster than FT though.
Mind noting what to grab next off the tree after Ancestral Bond and the Blood Magic keystone/passives? The spread of the tree makes it daunting to guess what to take next. Love the idea of the build though, particularly considering how strong/cheap doon is.
Would this build work with spell totem linked to any spell other than incinerate?
Awesome build! You've inspired me to make a softcore version :)
enjoying this build in tempest league bug im having trouble changing over to incinerate from flame totem.. i finally got a q20 rain of splinters 44%:/ and i 4linked incinerate w faster casting/spell totem/iron will and it just doesnt seem to do better damage than flame totem/iron will 2 link.. am i doing something wrong.. when you have rain of splinters on your incinerate you multiply its dps x4 correct? if so the dps comes out to a little more than my 2 link flame totem but it just doesnt feel like it clears as fast.. hoping somebody would be able to point out my problem.. because i can only 4 link atm would fire penetration be better than faster casting? thanks
Last edited by tony32p on Aug 8, 2015, 7:55:17 PM
"
tony32p wrote:
enjoying this build in tempest league bug im having trouble changing over to incinerate from flame totem.. i finally got a q20 rain of splinters 44%:/ and i 4linked incinerate w faster casting/spell totem/iron will and it just doesnt seem to do better damage than flame totem/iron will 2 link.. am i doing something wrong.. when you have rain of splinters on your incinerate you multiply its dps x4 correct? if so the dps comes out to a little more than my 2 link flame totem but it just doesnt feel like it clears as fast.. hoping somebody would be able to point out my problem.. because i can only 4 link atm would fire penetration be better than faster casting? thanks

I think the issue, as explained by the OP, is that you are only using a 4l. Missing out on Fire Pen is a huge loss and might be better than iron will. A 6L is vital for incinerate totems as each gem really is important for dps and clearspeed.

I plan to run a tabula until I can get/use a high base 6L armor, although that would be very risky in a hardcore league.

Perhaps a 5L might be cheap compromise? But yes, missing out on fire pen is huge against fire resistant mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info