Caustic Arrow

Caustic Arrow REALLY, REAAAAALLY needs a buff!

I mean cmon.... a Lv. 21 CA's DoT is only equiv. to Essence drain at around Lv 17-18.

Like wat?! Seriously? :/

Please adjust values so it is equiv. to other chaos degen based skills.

Thanks! :)
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Im currently running an almost FULL dps setup with a 6link +3

The amount of investment i have in dps is pretty absurd and its barely clearing..

It feels soooo horrible compared to the builds that go crit with poison and can kill shaper with a white glass shank...

Please fix the gem..

Needs major buffs, some kind of single target improvements, theres almost no build guides for 2.6 caustic arrow..

Its like ... that dead.. feels bad

+1 for buff
IGN: OsyWitch
Time zone: UTC+2
"
Will Caustic Arrow be tweaked in some way by these changes?
The damage of the Caustic Cloud never came from a hit, so it was never possible to double-dip with Caustic Arrow. The mechanical changes of removing double-dipping will have no effect on it - they only affect Bleeding, Ignite, and Poison. Due to the changes to how we determine whether Damage over Time is Area Damage, discussed in the second of these posts, the Caustic Cloud will still be Area Damage. The skill will have a stat that lets modifiers to Projectile Damage apply to the cloud as well.

As a happy side effect of these changes, the effect of Area Damage modifiers will now be reflected in the displayed tooltip damage for the Caustic Arrow.

We'd like to make mechanical improvements to Caustic Arrow in the future, though we may not have time alongside all our other changes in the Beta. We'll definitely review its base damage, but we'd like to improve the skill or add an interesting Threshold Jewel for it in future.

Looking forward to a buff. Love the mechanics and play style of the skill, just not it's poor damage.
For the short term it could just use a base damage increase to it's DOT cloud.

As for a threshold jewel, I'd really love to see something that gave it more ground coverage. More projectiles is one possibility, thou hardly original or engaging. I think I'd like to see it either cause enemies killed by the cloud to create a smaller DOT cloud of their own as a percentage of their life.
Or have the cloud grow in size over time, so more duration = more AOE. I just want to spread that miasma everywhere.

It's one of the few bow skills I enjoy, and I would like to enjoy it even more. Plz give me an excuse to use my Tentacle skill skin.
I Believe it's necessary to do a little rework on Caustic Arrow like, instead of a projectile that explode on where your mouse clicks, it would work as a normal arrow and travels all the way (based on your projectile speed) throught the screen (like all the other arrow type skill gems).

It'll open a path to a new type of build that is based on the hit of poison arrow instead of the area damage and also will make caustic arrow more safe to use, since it'll be able to offscreen.
+3 bow, 21 CA, lv4 EMP, with 450% increased damage on the tree, 7 frenzy charges, witchfire brew, sulphur, drill neck (100% pierce), void manipulation, rapid decay, slower proj, pierce and I can only get 67k dps with the cloud on a occultist. Concentrated effect decreases the area too drastically to justify using it; you have to fire 2-3 times to apply to a pack of mobs that are moving (relevance in playstle and mortality explained below). The skill doesn`t do enough damage even with concentrated effect to justify snap shotting it.

Damage is no where near high enough considering that a lioneye's glare/rigwald's quiver build with LA/barrage can do 68k/300k by scaling added chaos damage on a deadeye. This is without damage on gloves, rings, amulets or belt. The damage can be further scaled.

lioneye's glare is around 10c and rigwalds is around 10c while a +3 bow is 4ex, lv4 emp is 15ex.

Caustic arrow is not cost efficient to scale up while doing marginal damage in comparison to other builds.

The play style of CA also is dangerous because it requires you to run as fast as possible and manually dodge. CA doesn't stun mobs so you have to be able to shoot before the mobs do and avoid their shots manually while other "hit" based characters just 1 shot mobs that do not have a chance to attack or stun them with raw damage and fire a second volley to finish them.

It is a lack luster skill. You would have to either add a threshold adds 80-100% more damage, with a `slower` effect like blight for it to comparable or replace it with a skill that can apply a hit and have a much better scalable damage type.

It is disappointing to see as it is a very unique skill to the bow class. Many of the other skills for bows seem like re skins. I would hate to see this skill stay in the gutter.
Caustic Arrow poisoning is adapted to XX% increased Damage against Blinded Enemies?
"
yusyu wrote:
Caustic Arrow poisoning is adapted to XX% increased Damage against Blinded Enemies?

Damage over Time cannot benefit from conditional Damage multipliers currently. Increased Damage against Blinded Enemies will not apply to the cloud.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
yusyu wrote:

Damage over Time cannot benefit from conditional Damage multipliers currently. Increased Damage against Blinded Enemies will not apply to the cloud.

I see. Thank you for your reply.
I might be stupid, but Caustic Arrow after the AoE changes have larger area covered, and Conc effect has lesser impact after the aoe rework, meaning that the area of CA was already buffed (only slightly tho).

"
The play style of CA also is dangerous because it requires you to run as fast as possible and manually dodge. CA doesn't stun mobs so you have to be able to shoot before the mobs do and avoid their shots manually while other "hit" based characters just 1 shot mobs that do not have a chance to attack or stun them with raw damage and fire a second volley to finish them.

This is just a misplay. Yes, CA does not have immediate impact, because it's a dot. But it meaning you can pre-fire and focus on the avoidance - shooting only when it is safe. Also being immune to any reflect mechanics is nice.

More valuable argument for lack of survivability is lack of leech, since the dot does not heal you. Secondly lack of effective life reagen or non-viable focus on armor rather than Evasion. Also connected to lack of leech.

Dmg might be low, can't comment on that, haven't played CA in a while.

I would like some after kill regen, kinda like Essence Drain, but after kill efect, meaning you won't rely only on pots.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

I SUPPORT FLASK MACROS
3.13 was the golden age. Down the drain we go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info