Caustic Arrow

"
TheAshmaker wrote:
The damage for this skill is so terrible...it takes fucking ages to kill a boss

Both aoe and damage are TERRIBLE.

Even with a +3 bow + lvl 21 CA + 4 Empower + full dps setup damage is shit. You have to use Blight to kill anything. Aoe is shit even if you use Inc Aoe gem and take aoe nodes on tree. Dead skill.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Dec 1, 2017, 6:30:41 AM
Heh I just have a crazy idea for a threshold jewel for this skill that I'd like to put here. I know most people who use CA use it for the area dot. I'd like to Make Caustic arrow a little unique as being able to apply massive amounts of chaos damage not as a DoT but rather on hit instantly.

Convert X% of Caustic Arrow's physical damage into Chaos Damage.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think any skill in the game does this aspect well.
Last edited by Malus55 on Jan 2, 2018, 3:28:06 AM
It would help if modifiers to poison/ailment damage applied to the caustic cloud (in addition to modifiers to projectile damage).
Last edited by PoofySleeves on Mar 9, 2018, 9:38:13 AM
20-30% increased Damage with Hits against Rare monsters
from Headhunter mod, is it workin with CA since it's damage with hits?

20-30% increased Damage with Hits against Rare monsters
from Headhunter mod, is it workin with CA since it's damage with hits?

Damage over Time does not Hit. The arrow does Hit. Same as always.
Played abyss league with this skill main. I think main problem is you should decide to use cloud or hits, not both of this at the same time.
And quality effect is worthless. If you use cloud you have much time to shoot everywhere and cover screen with it, no need in larger aoe.

But the skill is still fun and viable.
Question regarding dps calculation for Caustic Arrow clouds after weapon swap.

I have Caustic Arrow in a 6 link +3 gem bow.

If I shoot some clouds with this weapon equipped, GG dps.
The clouds persist even if I weapon swap.
Do the clouds created whilst wearing the +3 gem bow retain their dps even after weapon swapping to a different weapon?

Essentially, I'm asking whether the caustic clouds snapshot the equipment even across weapon swap during the duration of the cloud's lifespan.
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Last edited by Castablanca on Apr 13, 2018, 8:22:43 PM
Physical Projectile Attack Damage doesn't increase cloud damage?

"Modifiers to Projectile Damage apply to this Skill's Damage Over Time effect" - unless the tooltip is incorrect, it would appear that this works with "projectile damage" as with Slower Projectiles. but NOT with "physical projectile damage" from PPAD support which increases the hit damage but not the cloud damage? Is this correct?
"
Rabid_nights wrote:
Physical Projectile Attack Damage doesn't increase cloud damage?

"Modifiers to Projectile Damage apply to this Skill's Damage Over Time effect" - unless the tooltip is incorrect, it would appear that this works with "projectile damage" as with Slower Projectiles. but NOT with "physical projectile damage" from PPAD support which increases the hit damage but not the cloud damage? Is this correct?

The damage of the cloud is neither Physical nor Attack damage. The PPAD support will not increase the cloud's damage.
"
Since there are so many threshhold jewels coming into existence, I'd like to suggest a few interesting mods that might make Caustic arrow a more interesting skill.

Caustic Arrow's area increases over time.
Caustic Arrow deals x% increased damage over time, decreasing over time.

Everyone knows gasses expand to fill its container. Both of these mods fit the gas theme and would be really interesting to interact with. I have doubts about implementation though, I don't think I've seen mechanics like these in game.

I will start out by saying I LOVE! this suggestion, with one exception. My opinion is that a skill should not need a threshold jewel to make it work, a threshold jewel should give it an alternate mechanic that alters ones gameplay. As it is CA cant even compete when it comes to dmg in the current "meta", hell, even for most casual players.
Having said this, I do as mentioned love your suggestion of having CA do more dmg the longer a mob stays in the cloud, and have it start off with a high "ramp-up-rate", and slow down the longer someone stays in the cloud. This could also give CA another way to scale dmg(?) by then increasing the skill (cloud) duration. We could this way get a higher effective dps -Hope this is doable GGG.

"
Enemies affected by Caustic Arrow are hindered for x seconds.
Since Caustic arrow is a genuine AoE skill, fast enemies that can leave the area are quite pesky. This QoL buff overlaps with Blight but would be helpful for both offense and defence; and it is thematically similar to laughing gas or nerve gas.

I will just say that I agree with this suggestion of yours as well, and this I could see on a threshold jewel ;)

Doubt we will see any changes till the next patch now unless GGG have another "skill revamp" they are currently working on and this is included. We will have to see, but sure hope we could see some adjustments/changes done to this skill as well as others which is in dire need of it to work with the current version of the game, and have been neglected for to long.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info