Leap Slam

For a bruiser melee character I love these types of skills. But I prefer to use them as quick movement for getting into a big group. Not exactly their dmg or such.

Therefor in this way, leap slam is still failing imho. It is incredibly slow. I understand that this will change hopefully, just posting a support for this being changed.

Also, the leap distance would be nice to be increased. If all of this increases the mana cost, and lowers the dmg I am fine with that, as I view it as a movement skill.
IMO this skill needs a faster executing animation time. The setup time for it makes for alot of missing.
Glad to hear there are plans to rework the timing and visuals for this skill. It may be functional as is, but it is missing the snappiness that could make it so much more fun and satisfying.

Faster execution and more explosive landing ftw.
Currently if you target something too far away, instead of running and then Leap Slamming them, you will simply run up and auto-attack them. (The same thing happens with Flicker Strike.)

That's bad.

What I would like to have happen is that you run up to the point where it would be usable, and then you do the actual attack, instead of simply running the entire way and auto-attacking.
PoE is Diablo 3
Diablo 3 is Torchlight 2
Torchlight 2 is Fate 5
I though about this skill recently.
Now I use it only to jump to lower/higher ground, and/or smashing jars.

Two simple ideas:
1. It could be a masive stuning tool [good for teamplay]. You jump you do little dmg, but you have long AoE stun.
2. If it would stay the way it is it should be faster, and in some parts of the skill you should be protected in some way from dmg.
1. way to slow, the animation makes my face fall asleep,
2. damage underwhelming,
3. did i mention, that the animation is far to slow?

i can't see any use of this skill other than to:
1. kill yourself quickly by jumping in the middle of a huge group and die,
2. save yourself slowly by trying to jump away from a group of monsters that currently try to rape your face

pointless skill is pointless. please remove spells, that only add virtual variety and offer no real application? it only makes the experience so much duller.
Last edited by eNTi on Apr 16, 2012, 4:31:14 PM
i dont feel the spell to be pointless or broken. It just gives mobility, with some small dmg so u dont feel bad using it. The problem is not the slow times of animation or the dmg, at least not for me, but the fact that as a spell designed for mobility it doesnt let me dodge skillshots. If a fireball is casted my way and i jump, the fireball will follow me and connect mid air. If i jump over a melee enemy he will hit me with his weapon while im floating over his head. That sucks. Even if i try to jump transversally over a spell casted before leap slam and i happen to conect in mid air the spell will simply find me and hit me. Would be nice to make a difference with shield charge or flikering by letting u to just avoid skill shots or aoe, melee and so on if u time it and aim it correctly. Its a hard spell to use, not many rewards.
got milk?
Then you are a human and must be killed
This skill is great when you're feeling suicidal. Just jump into a mob at ruthless+ and wath your face get raped during the half a second or so of aftercast delay!

Seriously, this skill is 100% pointless for combat initiation as long as you're not able to act immediately upon landing.
IGN: NuzzyFipples
Our ability to react after landing needs highly increased.

I could almost see this becoming a support gem: Adding the 10% knockback and a melee gem affect on landing. It would have to increase damage as the animation feels quite slow indeed for the damage it currently deals.
As a marauder with a 2 handed mace. When I got the skill was so happy.
But when used the skill, I was so meh. *sadface*

Skill is way too slow, by the time you reach your targets, they often have moved. And if you jump on a group of monsters, you lose too much life before you can react.

I only use this skill now to jump some cliffs, or to over a river etc.. Like a rusty Mario Bros.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info