Leap Slam

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Apr 2, 2024, 5:29:56 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
konfeta wrote:
Question - what is the exact animation duration for this skill? Is it supposed to last exactly as long as indicated by its attack speed/DPS?
For most attacks, the base duration is determined by your weapon, and affected by attack speed.

There are currently two exceptions to this - Leap Slam and Ground Slam both specify their own base duration, which is then affected by attack speed. This means they have less drawback than other attacks from using slow weapons, since the weapon's base duration will not make the skill slower. It also means the DPS and attacks per second in the character sheet don't handle them correctly because the character sheet doesn't understand that these attacks differ from all others in this way.

I cannot tell you the exact duration of leap slam right now because I am at home, but I will look it up at work for you and report back.
leap slam base duration is 1.9 seconds.
"
konfeta wrote:
Which is improved directly by +% IAS? Weapon base speed completely irrelevant?
Yes.

"
konfeta wrote:
Hm. Feels like it should use the base weapon swing speed, two handers generally have only a ~1 second base duration, no?
But it's not only used with two-handed weapons. Making it use the base weapon duration would look ridiculous with some weapons, you'd have marauders and duelists hopping around like rabbits.
It does make sense that jumping into the air, traveling, landing and getting up again takes longer than swinging a weapon. It's possible that we'll look into other solutions, such as applying a multiplier to the base weapon duration, so it still takes longer but is affected, or we may leave it as a feature of the skill making it more useful with slower weapons.
We have plans in future to split the animation into the leap, the air time, and the land, so the air time can scale based on distance - This will stop the skill feeling so slow if you're only jumping small distances. It means a lot of work for our animators though!
Balance & Design
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The sabre is one-handed, and one-handed weapons have a longer animation...
This part is definitely not true - I'm curious as to why you're seeing the effects you report, but I'm a bit busy with other stuff so won't be getting onto this for a little bit. In the meantime, if you could link the weapons in question here that might help.

Has anyone else noticed such a problem?
Leap Slam does nothing to increase damage you take while jumping.
"
NotInTheFace wrote:
It's fun to leap on stuff.

Regarding Usability:

If my target is out of range, it forces my character to walk forward until it can leap onto my clicked location. Positioning is too important to have my character walk forward instead of just leap to max distance. He could be walking into a really bad spot.

"But he could leap into a bad spot.", you say? Not when I have a feel for the distance a leap will travel. Under the current system, I have to have mouse pointer precision. I can't flick my mouse in a panic and leap away -- he'll just walk like an idiot. If instead he'd just leap to max distance, all it requires is a 'feel' for the distance, which comes naturally.
It is important ins some cases to land a specific point. Targeting an action at a location should perform it at that location if at all possible, including moving into range first if necessary. This is intuitive and consistant with how all actions in the game work.
If you specifically want to avoid walking to get into range, and perform the action as best you can from your current location, you can hold shift (or your preferred keybind) which does exactly that for any action.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info