Freezing Pulse

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2023, 5:36:44 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I was using this through several levels yesterday and it doesn't seem to be that strong, I think it could use a boost.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Been using it on my int/frost witch up until 20ish, but eventually abandoned it in favor of ice nova and spear.
It's an okay skill by itself, but I'm having a hard time picking it over said skills. The net damage is higher if you manage to nail a comparable amount of mobs with pulse instead of nova, but not to an extent where I feel it's worth making the effort.

It seems to fall between ice spear and nova in terms of damage and functionality, just in a way where I'd rather use spear for smaller groups and nova for larger ones.

I love the graphic for it though! Just setting it off has a satisfying little oompf to it. Not too stoked about the sound, feels a little empty and fizzly, but that's a nitpick.
any spec will take this off their bars currently. It has no utility or damage that is better than any of the other alternatives.
0.9.5 feedback below this post

It not right in the game when you hover over the icon in the quick bar area thingie

In the quick bar area
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3795/notright.jpg

This is how it looks in the inventory
Unavailable
Insanity is overrated unless you join me in mine.
Last edited by DarkRookie on Dec 30, 2011, 10:31:36 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
When I hover the pointer over the skill icon, it lists physical damage and cold damage. Does Freezing Pulse transmit the damage of the weapon I'm holding? If so can I do more damage with this spell by holding a high-damage staff?
I'll be back in the office tomorrow after my break, and will get that fixed right up. must be referring to the wrong stat set.

UPDATE: fixed
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 4, 2012, 6:14:10 PM
I enjoyed this spell on my frost witch/summoner build. Merveil phase 1 is a perfect situation for Freezing Pulse. Also, when starting a map this spell makes a good corpse-maker since Ice Spear and Cold Snap have such a high chance to shatter.

Damage and AoE/range feels balanced and this spell definately earns a spot on the hotbar.
I think I stopped using this spell shortly after getting cold snap as it no longer provides the same benefit in close range as it used to when the mobs output less damage and took less damage to kill.

I'm currently 35 in cruel difficulty and it usually comes down to the fact that I'd rather use Cold Snap as a source of crowd control or damage, from range or CQB, than Freezing pulse.
Last edited by somatica on Jan 12, 2012, 10:26:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info