Dominating Blow

Could you please anwer me a thing?

If a curse was cast on mob and then he gets dominated by DB, will curse effect continue until duration ends?
Hateful post.
not anymore? it (curse) should vanish now but i don't remember if that was patched or not.
I'm trying to make a sustainable spammable DBlow for a templar minion build.

Are any of my below combos viable? If so how much regen would I need for the following combos?

A. Blood magic gem: 46*1.96*1.6*.29*1.5*1.15*1.4 = 101 life
DB > BM > SPLASH > REDUCE > LIFE GAIN > Faster Attacks/minion dam

B. Clarity + How much mana regen?: 46*.29*1.6*1.15*1.4*1.5 = 51 mana
DB > SPLASH > REDUCE > FASTER ATTACKS > ELE DAMAGE > MINION DAMAGE

C. Blood Magic Keystone: 46*1.6*.29*1.5*1.15*1.4 = 51 life
DB > SPLASH > REDUCE > LIFE GAIN > FASTER ATTACKS > MINION DAM

Current thoughts:
A seems like it takes way too much life. Perhaps a life leech gem could make it sustainable? But that leaves alot of more damage support gems out. Would vitality aura work?

B should work? Not sure how much clarity gives or how much mana regen i would need.

C. Should also work? But maybe have to mob more?

Which is the best? Or are there better methods?

Last edited by aethynyc on Oct 28, 2013, 12:11:50 AM
"
Kaskar wrote:
If a curse was cast on mob and then he gets dominated by DB, will curse effect continue until duration ends?
Yes.
Will dominated mobs cast spells if Dominating Blow is linked with Cast on Crit and a spell?
The mana cost can only be sustained by Blood Magic in end game (5L, 6L)

I was very disappointed that my build was not viable after lvl 45.
"
aethynyc wrote:
I'm trying to make a sustainable spammable DBlow for a templar minion build.

Are any of my below combos viable? If so how much regen would I need for the following combos?

A. Blood magic gem: 46*1.96*1.6*.29*1.5*1.15*1.4 = 101 life
DB > BM > SPLASH > REDUCE > LIFE GAIN > Faster Attacks/minion dam

B. Clarity + How much mana regen?: 46*.29*1.6*1.15*1.4*1.5 = 51 mana
DB > SPLASH > REDUCE > FASTER ATTACKS > ELE DAMAGE > MINION DAMAGE

C. Blood Magic Keystone: 46*1.6*.29*1.5*1.15*1.4 = 51 life
DB > SPLASH > REDUCE > LIFE GAIN > FASTER ATTACKS > MINION DAM

Current thoughts:
A seems like it takes way too much life. Perhaps a life leech gem could make it sustainable? But that leaves alot of more damage support gems out. Would vitality aura work?

B should work? Not sure how much clarity gives or how much mana regen i would need.

C. Should also work? But maybe have to mob more?

Which is the best? Or are there better methods?

Calculation fail...
you are multiplying by .29 for reduced mana cost gem. u should multiply by .71=(1-.29)
so if u think that was too much life, your new values will be more than double
So I've been levelling a Templar with this skill as a focus since level 25ish. He's 56 now and I'm still not sure how I feel about this skill.

I tried to use it as a 'convert everything and boost with auras' skill, but that requires way too much mana to juice up the skill properly (More melee damage + melee splash + more weapon elemental damage gets pricy fast, especially with an aura running) so I've since switched to a 'convert the really strong things, boost with auras'.

That's what I'm running, since it's become more of a quality than quantity thing. This gives me minions that last 45 seconds and deal some fire damage on top. (The chance to ignite is questionable, I'll admit, but its mana multiplier is tiny)

So far the biggest surprise is how useful the increased duration gem is. That extra 17 or so seconds is quite valuable if you want to drag a rare monster from place to place.

For negatives: I get why the mana cost is so high (it's a minion summon skill, after all) but it puts a somewhat unexpected constraint on building for the skill. I still can't decide if I should be building minion passives or just weapon passives.
For positives: The way supports apply to your attack and your minions feels amazing. Stealing rare mob auras is similarly excellent, if circumstantial. (The added energy shield one gives something like 1500 to me. It's insane.)

Edit: Something I forgot to say! It seems like converting monsters with 'on death' effects causes them to cast against you both times they die. Porcupine Goliaths, for example, will needlespray your minion swarm when you convert them and when they are killed for you. (Or even just time out!) The same goes for Hellions. I'm guessing this is because once they die they're no longer your allies, so the spell is aggressive to you again. Or something. I guess it makes sense, but it just feels weird to take that penalty twice.
Last edited by Softspoken on Nov 17, 2013, 3:59:22 AM
"
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
my dominated minions have same iiq/iir as me ?
if they have item find mods of thier own, thier's is added to yours when they kill things.

they don't have. My iiq +100%, so they are 0% ?

Really want confirmation for this one.. Currently building a DB char for farming. If the minions won't have the irr or iqq buff, its making no sense using it then..
"
gameglz wrote:
-question chain about minion item find-
we cannot see the monster's mods. they take yours and add it to kills with credit given to owner of the respective minion. we have no information on what stats the monster actually has other than resistance and things that are listed under thier life bar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info